• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Junie12

To be fair, I doubt Chad Johnson getting arrested was anticipated.

True, still I just hate it happened with my team. And we need all the help we can get in the WR position, even he would have helped a bit. Oh well, what's done is done. I just hope our young guys step up now, it's all they can do now <_<

Plax is somewhere pimping the Dolphins roster, he needs a job.

He would probably be our #1 ;_;

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I wonder when espn will hire Chad..........

See I think he could've continued on a path towards that if he could've ever settled down a bit, but that shot is over for him now. He's doomed to reality shows about celebrity rehab or reviving a career on vh1 for the rest of his life.

LJ11

In reality, I don't blame the 10+ year guys. Its really difficult to find a place where the people talking about football are generally really well informed. I have a few friends who care about it as much as I do, but nothing compared to this place. Even talking to people from class or work about sports is mind numbing sometimes. I dig it here because 95% of the populous in this thread share the same passion and knowledge of the sport
Bears fans being the exception

10 more years!

What separates this thread from team specific message boards is that you can actually have a dissenting opinion. If you don't agree with the mob you're labeled an idiot or a hater on team specific forums. Fans that cheer for the same team basically rip one another to shreds, everyone is super sensitive, however you get posts that are really really good from time to time which keeps you going back. You just have to wade through a boatload of shit to get to the good stuff.

Fanaticism tends to kill discussion.

bluemax

Banned
What separates this thread from team specific message boards is that you can actually have a dissenting opinion. If you don't agree with the mob you're labeled an idiot or a hater on team specific forums. Fans that cheer for the same team basically rip one another to shreds, everyone is super sensitive, however you get posts that are really really good from time to time which keeps you going back. You just have to wade through a boatload of shit to get to the good stuff.

I dunno, if you disagree with FMT or Bionic they tend to beat you down to their level with stupidity and ad hominem.

exarkun

Ladies, the the prodigious son has returned. Texans fans unite! During the long offseason I was satiated by the NBA and champions league, and visiting the meccas of basketball. But I have returned to my one truely loved sport, with news fantasy hopes for the future, an imminent superbowl for my team, and one day after our first preseason win. In which points were scored and Arian fum...

Nevermind! Josh freeman's transformation has shown me that we can all shed many pounds of taco bell so I will now go jog in the rain.

cajunator

Banned

Well fan is basically short for fanatic. We are all nfl fans here so we all share a certain degree of fanaticism for our team.
Or....teams. I dont understand the multi team thing though.

Completely agree. It's bizarre how faction-oriented team forums get.

Much prefer the multi-fanbase clusterfuck that is... NFL-GAF

Well fan is basically short for fanatic. We are all nfl fans here so we all share a certain degree of fanaticism for our team.
Or....teams. I dont understand the multi team thing though.

As a Pats fan now living in Seattle, I don't get that either. I could never root for the Seahawks. Fuck you, 12th man!

cajunator

Banned
Completely agree. It's bizarre how faction-oriented team forums get.

Much prefer the multi-fanbase clusterfuck that is... NFL-GAF

The multiple fanbase aspect of this forum is what makes it great.
I like the saints forum saintsreport a lot, but like any other team board its pretty hostile.
Particularly to Cowboys and Falcons fans.
This forum even represents the smaller fanbases like titans and jags.

Vesmir

Banned
As a Pats fan now living in Seattle, I don't get that either. I could never root for the Seahawks. Fuck you, 12th man!

No, fuck you!

Speaking of which, damn yesterday's game was good. HoFlynn didn't look so HoF, but I'll take the win. Our offense looks damn good, so I'm not so worried about the Niners anymore.

No, fuck you!

Speaking of which, damn yesterday's game was good. HoFlynn didn't look so HoF, but I'll take the win. Our offense looks damn good, so I'm not so worried about the Niners anymore.

If you go to a game and see me chilling in my Pats hoodie, feel free to punch me in the face.

Oh yeah ok cut the most entertaining guy on the team because our franchise is TOO GOOD for anyone who misbehaves and we are ALL ABOUT WINNING 6 FOOTBALL GAMES A YEAR

FUCK THIS REGIME

Top Bottom