• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

i know we can't use the C word but i nicknamed kendall hunter kunt. hopefully this is legal since he'll be tearin' it up this year and i need the nickname to make it to the media!

Sherlock 2 wasn't so hot, but I love the camaraderie between Sherlock and Watson.

They hardly make any good buddy flicks anymore.

Haven't seen Wrath yet.

Sherlock 2 I just watched this week. I thought it was solid. Dat ending. I actually rewound it to see
if he was sitting there the whole time.

Hunger Games. Meh. It was ok. As a movie, it had issues. As a social commentary, it had things to say but never really made a point to say them. I assume the books are better, but I also assume they're meant for angsty teen girls so I doubt that the deep meaning I expect to be there is really there.

The Avengers and TDKR are the best two movies of the summer.

Fantomex

Buckethead is a real fan. He wanted to be on the disabled list like half of the Green Bay Rosters. I mentioned it earlier but, $100 for the new NFL jerseys? I mean I'm not stupid enough to rock a Miami uni (sorry wrayfield) but I'd rock a nice Jersey I can match with some nice jeans and shoes (Giants, Texans, Lions) but $100? I was telling dude at the store, no sir, I want the replica jersey that's for fans, not the one's the actual players wear. And he was like, lol whut that's $100.

3204840swsw.gif

Congrats bro.

Just got back from the 49ers fan fest (in stadium practice). I went last year too and there must have been 25 to 30 more thousand people this year.... lifelongs.

damn i wish i lived up north :(

you going to any games this year? me and the boys are trying to pick out which game(s) we want to go to. the obvious choice is the giants game but i don't really feel like seeing kyle williams give away another game to them. plus i've never seen a regular season game against an AFC foe. so my options are the bills or dolphins....

methodman

Banned
damn i wish i lived up north :(

you going to any games this year? me and the boys are trying to pick out which game(s) we want to go to. the obvious choice is the giants game but i don't really feel like seeing kyle williams give away another game to them. plus i've never seen a regular season game against an AFC foe. so my options are the bills or dolphins....
Ya we've gone to the home opener every year 4 years running. we gonna see harbaugh break Schwartz wrists. We got 30 people goin lower bowl behind the end zone. Last year same seats were 45, now they're 121 lol. Guess that's to be expected

JABEE

Beast also looks like he was banned today. A Packer and Lions fan went down today. Stay safe everyone.

Edit:
Did anyone think it was weird that Chad Johnson said he was going to get arrested at the end of the 1st episode of Hard Knocks? It's really weird.

Greg

Only about 5 people in this thread will find this relevant but I had to share it. This was my life last year.
I'd be scared to roll over on to them. I've seen my sheets when I wake up in the middle of the night/morning - sheets are everywhere and I wake up in all different directions.

I heard Prometheus was ass. Is it actually good?

i wouldn't call it ass but i wouldn't call it good either. the movie looks great but there are too many plotholes and dumbshit that happens. i'm not one of those movie nerds that likes to dissect and complain about everything but even i have my limits.

worth a rental and nothing more

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
i wouldn't call it ass but i wouldn't call it good either. the movie looks great but there are too many plotholes and dumbshit that happens. i'm not one of those movie nerds that likes to dissect and complain about everything but even i have my limits.

worth a rental and nothing more

Now I need to hear bucket's review.

I'd be scared to roll over on to them. I've seen my sheets when I wake up in the middle of the night/morning - sheets are everywhere and I wake up in all different directions.
You grow a sixth sense to their location. I used to be a rough sleeper but when my daughter started sleeping in the bed I never rolled over on her.

You also grow this weird radar like sense. When she would wander close to the edge of the bed I would wake up, drag her back to the middle, then instantly drop to sleep.
Fantastic Mr. Fox was great.

I loved it, but it could stand to be shorter. Movie felt like it was 4 hours long.

Talon

I almost got bored enough to grab the ebooks. Im not a literature snob and don't mind kids books I loved the first four potter books.

Not worth it?
Harry Potter is Hemingway compared to the Hunger Games. They have more in common with Animorphs than anything else.

Whatever insight people try to take from the books is nonsense. Authoritarian regimes are bad, y'all. Also, puberty is confusing.
I loved it, but it could stand to be shorter. Movie felt like it was 4 hours long.
This is true. But I love that wolf scene so much. And everything the kid does or says. And the cousin. And Badger Wilson.

Just watched Luck's first touchdown pass - fucking seriously? A little dump off to Donald Brown that he carried to the house? This is what people are boosting?

squicken

You know its still the preseason when...

Okay I'll talk football still haven't seen game but I guess rams gave up A gap pressure on all Bradford's 5 step drop throws. Hard to navigator pocket and be accurate if you can't step up. Still think he's done but as usual his line offers him legitimate excuses

Reality is in a fatford scam luck Bradford draft there is a distant 4th

Narag

Just watched Luck's first touchdown pass - fucking seriously? A little dump off to Donald Brown that he carried to the house? This is what people are boosting?

No, that was just sort of funny. I think what people appreciated was his poise, ability to read a defense, and accuracy that comes in the rest of the first half.

Rex Ryan was (is?) interested in Colin Kaepernick

Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2012, 12:04 AM EDT

The 49ers have their own version of Tim Tebow, only better. His name is Colin Kaepernick.

Two nights ago, Kaepernick bolted 78 yards for a touchdown on a simple Tebow-style shotgun read option. The former Nevada quarterback faked a handoff to LaMichael James, the defensive end crashed inside to clog the hole, and Kaepernick darted through the spot where the defensive end had been.

Just like Tebow.

On Sunday, Jets coach Rex Ryan danced dangerously close to the tampering line by making it known, in unsolicited fashion, that Ryan was interested in drafting Kaepernick in 2011.

“Again, some people think the Wildcat has come and gone. No, it hasn’t. If anything, it’s just the opposite. I saw the kid from San Francisco, Kaepernick,” Ryan said, via comments distributed by the team. “He runs a 4.4 or something. I was really intrigued by him when he came out because I thought we were going to lose Brad. [The 49ers] drafted him before we could, but I was interested in him. He went for a 70-yard touchdown run the other day. You’re seeing these guys and it’s hard to defend some of that stuff. When you have the ability to throw, as well as run, it makes it tough.”

It’s unclear whether Ryan was just riffing, or whether he was sending messages to one or more people.

To Mark Sanchez, possibly: “Don’t get too upset about the fact that we traded for Tebow. We thought about drafting last year a guy who runs faster and throws more accurately than him.”

To Tim Tebow, possibly: “It would be a good idea run faster and throw more accurately.”

To 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh, possibly: “If you’re really all in with Alex Smith, why not give us a chance at taking Kaepernick off your hands?”

To Colin Kaepernick, possibly: “If you don’t like being stuck behind Smith, why not ask to be traded to the Jets?”

To the rest of the league, possibly: “Go ahead and assume that the Wildcat is dead.”

Regardless, chances are it wasn’t an accident that Rex publicly lamented the fact that the 49ers got Kaepernick in the second round of the 2011 draft before the Jets could get a crack at him.

Especially since the Jets didn’t even have a second-round pick in 2011.

you heard it here first folks! kap is the black tim tebow!

Rorschach

Fantastic Mr. Fox was great.
I can't believe how long it took me to get around to watching that. It was great. Wes Anderson's brand of comedy fits perfectly with animation.

Some of it was so heavy haha
"I never should have married you." No happy ending could possibly be that happy after that brutal honesty. I laughed and felt bad at the same time.

Top Bottom