• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Godslay

Banned
Best play from last year w/ All 22.

i7PjG8eaJwzWA.gif

GKoEO.gif

Alternate.

Are you culling the frames down, and then increasing the display time (in frame properties)? It allows you to get a little more quality out of it, without compressing it down.

Sokantish

It's just as we thought, though. Good DL. Meh LBs. Shit CBs.

Yeah I'm pretty worried about the CBs. None of them looked good, not even decent. They were just bad. The Raiders did seem a lot better at stopping the run in that small time we got to see them at least

BigAT

Wasn't there that one Steelers vs...Miami? game on MNF that ended up 3-0. The field was absolute trash from rain and being played on three nights in a row. There was that one punt that literally stuck into the ground.

At least you can chalk this up to being preseason. That was the regular season and the worst MNF game I've ever seen.
Assuming it actually was on Monday night.

Talon

Wasn't there that one Steelers vs...Miami? game on MNF that ended up 3-0. The field was absolute trash from rain and being played on three nights in a row. There was that one punt that literally stuck into the ground.

At least you can chalk this up to being preseason. That was the regular season and the worst MNF game I've ever seen.
The hurricane game? That was ridiculous.

It was. To be fair Steelers should have won that 10-0 but they got stupid in the redzone.

the mud kick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

jakncoke

Banned

yeah iirc it was a tropical storm remnants, then hs champioships then instead of digging the old sod up they layed new on old like 1 day before the game. it was atrocious

squicken

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/GKoEO.gif[/IMG]

Alternate.

Are you culling the frames down, and then increasing the display time (in frame properties)? It allows you to get a little more quality out of it, without compressing it down.

The Tebow one I slowed down on purpose. Leftwich one was already slo-mo. Yeah, culling and cropping, then at the end choosing the preset that minimizes size

Hey Squicken, can you make a gif of Jonathan Dwyer's 50 yard run this past Saturday? NFL.com didn't feature it at all and I want to see who sprung him on the block.

BigAT

yeah iirc it was a tropical storm remnants, then hs champioships then instead of digging the old sod up they layed new on old like 1 day before the game. it was atrocious

Didn't Pitt have a game too? I seem to remember it being High School game Friday, Pitt Saturday, then the Steelers game.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Cromartie family. It looks bad on purpose. Still fiddling with quality/resolution/size sweetspot. Works so much better on mobile b/c images aren't all loaded at once

http://i.minus.com/iTqzpPRES2EUX.gif[IMG]

Best play from last year w/ All 22.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i7PjG8eaJwzWA.gif
I was planning on using screen shots for the all-22s. How are you capturing the video?

That safety embarrassed himself pretty badly. Awful angle and took his own guy out
Let's not overlook the block by Emmanuel Sanders. Guy needs to step up this year.

ToxicAdam

I was flipping through the channels today and saw T.O. on Dr. Phil with three ex-girlfriends. What the hell? I lasted about two minutes before being so embarrassed by the spectacle.

squicken

I was planning on using screen shots for the all-22s. How are you capturing the video?

Let's not overlook the block by Emmanuel Sanders. Guy needs to step up this year.

Bandicam to capture. Godslay helped me with how to use it but it's free

The trial version has a water mark and limits the duration of recording, but the duration is no issue and the watermark is easily worked around

http://www.bandicam.com/

squicken

It's good, but sort of misleading. On a break away play like that a DB is supposed to give ground and keep the play in front and inside of him, so that pursuit has time to stop the TD. He does a good job of keeping Dwyer in front and slowing him down, but let's him get outside. Sanders did a good job of shielding him and then doing just enough to let Dwyer get around him

Is all 22 not available for pre-season games?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/XZRcEkO.zlqfP0lQ4Tm4pA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusfantasyexperts/Appreciate-the-enthusiasm-Crazy-Jim-Getty-Images.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

sf2fanatic really let himself go =/

GraveRobberX

Why don't you ead?

Honor Code Statement

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men. . . . If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things (Thirteenth Article of Faith).

As a matter of personal commitment, faculty, administration, staff, and students of Brigham Young University, Brigham Young University—Hawaii, Brigham Young University—Idaho, and LDS Business College seek to demonstrate in daily living on and off campus those moral virtues encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and will

Be honest
Live a chaste and virtuous life
Obey the law and all campus policies
Use clean language
Respect others
Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse
Participate regularly in church services
Observe the Dress and Grooming Standards
Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code

Specific policies embodied in the Honor Code include (1) the Academic Honesty Policy, (2) the Dress and Grooming Standards, (3) the Residential Living Standards, and (4) the Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement. (Refer to institutional policies for more detailed information.)

You sir are no Jimmer Fredette

Blasphemous Tag you have!

squicken

So my first little film study thing.

PLAY 1

Play is the short pass/long run TD to Donal Brown. Luck's first pass. Bruce Arians staple. Play action like it's a boot pass, then dump it to RB for a screen.

ibvvlcFDwmxttv.gif

Red is Robert Quinn, RDE and 2011 first round pick. Blue is MLB James Lauranitis. Quinn is completely unblocked, but acts like he's never seen a screen before. He gets "pressure" on Luck, but it's totally worthless. Lauranitis reads the play properly, but the LT, who didn't block Quinn, is free to take him out.

A total screw up by Quinn, who has to slow that thing down. If he hits the back just a little bit then Luck takes a sack or has to throw it away. Safeties are out of the picture but Mikell (awful in space) and Dahl (awful as a football player) take horrible angles and allow easy TD

PLAY 2

Donald Brown TD on Colts first drive. 3 and out on their second drive. Luck orchestrates a nice drive into Rams territory. Rams and Colts still playing starters. Quinn red again. Blue this time is Chris Long.

iZ5CbbXrGI41S.gif

Rams drop 7 to defend what is essentially a 3 man route. Long is blocked 1 v 1 by RT. Absolutely zero inside pressure. What's maddening is Quinn is blocked 1 v 1 by Coby Fleener, rookie undersized TE out of Standford. Colts are sliding protection that way, so Fleener does have inside help, but it's never needed. Chris Long got a giant extension a few weeks ago and is locked up with the RT on and island, but can't separate. RB would have chipped if needed, but leaks out since it isn't.

Luck pats the ball about 50 times, gigantic passing lane, plenty of room to step up, looks off Dahl, and hits Collie for an easy TD. You'll see Dahl come over way late. Trailing CB had come off Collie (for no reason since slot CB has back) to cover RB leaking in flat. If Long just gets a little bit of the corner the back stays in and the CB keeps his depth. Anything inside and Luck probably dumps it to the RB

OBSERVATION

How do you give a rookie QB 2 easy TDs, 90 yards passing, and have internet immediately draw comparisons to Peyton Manning? Play the STL Rams defense. I have said many times I think he is great, but these are the two easiest TD passes he'll throw all season

GraveRobberX

So being an Insomniac, trying to keep myself busy, lets clean the entertainment area of my room

Damn I know I had games...

I just kept pulling out box after box, this is overboard

Yeah...

gaM2Rl.jpg

cajunator

Banned
The nice thing is since I work 7 days in a row, I also get a week off before the next shift.
Im 30 minutes away from complete freedom.

Milchjon

Im a night dispatch manager for a fuel transportation company.
New orleans/Baton Rouge terminal area.

Yeah, I think you mentioned that before.

But work times that are about 50% longer than what's average per day over here, fuck up your sleep cycle and go against your body's nature, may restrict your social life...

I've worked night shifts before, but at least they didn't go all through the night (3 shifts per day) and you switched shifts every week or so. And still I hated it.

Maybe it just fits you, maybe it's worth it, but I still feel for you.

Edit: just saw your other post. OK, that's cool.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I think you mentioned that before.

But work times that are about 50% longer than what's average per day over here, fuck up your sleep cycle and go against your body's nature, may restrict your social life...

I've worked night shifts before, but at least they didn't go all through the night (3 shifts per day) and you switched shifts every week or so. And still I hated it.

Maybe it just fits you, maybe it's worth it, but I still feel for you.

Edit: just saw your other post. OK, that's cool.

This kind of work doesnt suit everybody. I'm a night owl, so I prefer to sleep during the day. Also, the hours go by a lot faster than you'd think because we have constant communications with drivers to make sure everything gets done.
Its challenging but I like it. I also see direct results of my work. I see it make a difference and achieve results quickly. Its not the worst job.

Top Bottom