• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

h3ro

THUG LIFE.

ffa1ee0edb1b11e1a84922000a1e8bad_7.jpg

(from Travis Beckum's Twitter)

Ooh. This will get some use this year.

Greg

Unfair.
Overall, this thread features way too much talk about food that I can't get. Makes me sad, I want butterburgers, better fried chicken and shitty pseudo Mexican, too.
If you ever visit, I'll pay for your grand tour. All of the shitty food and batting cages that your heart desires.

What's wrong with you? I think (Tex-)Mexican is the only cuisine that I can almost unreservedly enjoy.

Unfair.
Overall, this thread features way too much talk about food that I can't get. Makes me sad, I want butterburgers, better fried chicken and shitty pseudo Mexican, too.

Wait, how? Where?

Edit: Oh, looks like the CFA thread claimed another victim. Isn't he like the 13th person to go in there, talk about how much you liked it, and got banned for it?
I don't agree with the policy, but shouldn't everybody have learned by now?

But you have schnitzel

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Unfair.

Just make it yourself at home, like this guy:

2yYz8.jpg

http://dudefoods.com/breakfast-hot-dogs/

I started off with two 1/4 pound hot dogs, wrapped each one with a slice of Nueske’s applewood smoked bacon and then cooked them in my oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

After that I took two Pretzilla soft pretzel buns, covered them with country style gravy, added the two bacon wrapped hot dogs and topped each one with a sunny side up egg.

My original plan was to cover the eggs with some of the country gravy as well, but they just looked way too perfect sitting there on top of the hot dogs for me to do that.

This is the same genius behind the tacone.

Milchjon

If you ever visit, I'll pay for your grand tour. All of the shitty food and batting cages that your heart desires.

Awesome.

But you have schnitzel

Also awesome.

Just make it yourself at home, like this guy:

2yYz8.jpg

http://dudefoods.com/breakfast-hot-dogs/

This is the same genius behind the tacone.

Also awesome.

German food is fucking delicious, friend. I'm jealous of you.

That said, I would die without good mexican.

Yes, and I think there's definitely some German influence on traditional American cuisine. But I want to have not only our awesome food, but every awesome food :-(

bionic77

It might be smart to focus on the 3rd place team before you start focusing on the 2nd place team. You can beat the Jets if Sanchez is the starter.

Nooooooo! What did he do?
He got jealous of the attention Tebow was getting and posted shirtless Tammy pics. It was clear violation of no nipps policy.

Talon

By the way, midwest-GAF - I was in northern Indiana for my GF's family reunion deal. We went to Bob Evans to eat breakfast one day, and I got biscuits and gravy (when in Rome).

So you know in the real world, you get a small cup of gravy to put over your food. Nope, I got a separate bowl of gravy. Then I noticed that you can order sausage gravy as a side...instead of hash browns. What in the fuck? This is why you're fat, America.

MechDX

By the way, midwest-GAF - I was in northern Indiana for my GF's family reunion deal. We went to Bob Evans to eat breakfast one day, and I got biscuits and gravy (when in Rome).

So you know in the real world, you get a small cup of gravy to put over your food. Nope, I got a separate bowl of gravy. Then I noticed that you can order sausage gravy as a side...instead of hash browns. What in the fuck? This is why you're fat, America.

Everything is better with gravy!

Sausage gravy is damn good but only stupid folks could look at it and think, "I can probably eat an entire bowl of that not receive any negative effects".

Fantomex

I'm doing great. I spent my banning in isolation, looking inwards mostly. I have returned anew, full of joy and positivity. Except when it comes to Joe Flacco.

Glad to hear that on the personal level larry. As far as football I don't know what's worse , having such a good D and then Flacoo as your quarterback, or being the dolphins and sucking every year.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hinks-j-j-watt-is-headed-for-canton/#comments

“He’s going to be a bust — not a first-round bust but a bust in the Hall of Fame,” Phillips said, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “The only players I’ve seen that can do what he can do with his intensity can be found in Canton.”

Phillips isn’t the only member of the organization to speak of Watt in laudatory terms. As mentioned in Sunday’s one-liners, defensive end Antonio Smith thinks Watt will be a “megastar.” It should go without saying that Watt has much more to do to wind up in the Hall of Fame, but it’s not hard to see why the Texans are getting so worked up about him.

Watt started every game as a rookie and showed a versatility not always found in 3-4 defensive ends. He can hold up against the run as well as rush the passer from end or when slipping inside on passing downs. He had 3.5 sacks in the team’s two playoff games after picking up 5.5 sacks during the regular season, a jump in performance that obviously made an impact on Phillips.
Wade loves him some JJ
and has Rex Ryan disease.

Are NeoGaf members banned from eating at Chick-Fil-A because Chick-Fil-A is against gay marriage or was he targeting it at someone? How long did he get?

Announcing that you ate at a place like Chik-Fil-A in a place like GAF in a thread like that one...will get you banned.

I'm surprised the health nuts didn't descend on him first and criticize his food choice.

Talon

Announcing that you ate at a place like Chik-Fil-A in a place like GAF in a thread like that one...will get you banned.

I'm surprised the health nuts didn't descend on him first and criticize his food choice.
Fried chicken sandwiches are like quinoa compared to the Taco Bell dreck that we talk about on this board.

Unfair.

I'm going to Culver's tonight, I'll be sure to pour some greasy butter out of my Red Pepper Burger for my NFL-GAF brother from another...country.

Taco Bell sucks though. How sober people eat it, I'll never know.

Butter on a burger?

eww

Son, you don't even know. One chomp into one and the grease, fatty meat and cheese just explode into your maw while an angelic choir chants from above.

Greg said:
with a smile

I'm sure your unbalanced palate is used to slop like Taco Bell, but I can't stomach it. There's a place near my house called La Estacion that has fucking mean quesadillas and chimichangas, and my personal favorite Bistec A La Mexicana...oh man now I want Mexican.

squicken

a 3-4 defensive end in the hall of fame? That's probably the most homerish thing you've ever posted.

It's hyperbole of course but Watt was amazing last year. Think about how defensive lineman get drafted and just play first and second down, or in obvious passing situations. Watt was a full time player as a rookie and was eating people up. He's only going to get better. If I was a Texans fan I'd be more excited about him than I ever was about Mario

So I went to Flagstaff for the first time this last weekend to catch the Cards Red and White practice on Saturday, ended up setting a new record for training camp attendance for us at over 14,500 fans that day. It was crazy and awesome having that many fans for a practice considering we didn't even make the playoffs the past two seasons.

The significance of the Red and White versus the rest of training camp is that there is a live goal line session form the 40. Usually this practice is near the end but because we play in the HOF game, it was only the third practice and thus, not at our sharpest. D dominated as expected but I was very encouraged by what I saw of Ryan Williams and expect him to be a force this year, him and Beanie should be a really nice 1-2 punch at RB. Floyd looked big and I can't wait until he fully adjusts to the league, he and Fitz will cause a lot of problems for defenses. Kolb actually stepped into the pocket instead of running for his life which was great to see. I won't be relieved until I see it in the pre-season though as he knows our own players aren't going to try and injure him. Tried to get some autographs at the end but coach only gave them 10 minutes to show up in the weight room :| I did manage to get Dockett's though! :)

Man, I can't believe football is finally going to be upon us! Even earlier for us Cards fans, can't wait until Sunday! Wait...Kolb against Bounty before the season even begins....Skelton season confirmed.

Okay, I've sent out the PM's for the greatest FF league of all time. If you wanted to join and didn't get a PM, let me know. Or not. See if I care.

Top Bottom