• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

TheFatOne

Went to pats training camp today tons to look forward to.

- Brandon Lloyd looks as advertised. He's no Randy Moss, but he can actually play on the outside.
- Aaron Hernandez is unreal... I expect him to have similar production to Gronk this year. This isn't to say he'll have 15+ TDs, but neither of them will.
- Gronk looked healthy, Welker had the dropsies.
- Brandon Spikes had a big hit that got people riled up, the knee looks good. Moving Mayo to WLB opens him up to his full potential, and Hightower will push Ninko out of that roll, which is really addition by subtraction alone, that being said, Hightower looked like he's going to fit right in and contribute from the start.
-Secondary is around the same as it was last year. Not a ton to look at from the safeties, Mccourty was out of place all day, and Dowling looked great. Unfortunately I don't expect him to stay healthy. Tavon Wilson made a handful of good plays.
- The Ron Brace/Jermaine Cunningham hype showed itself today. Jermaine was bursting off the line, and really getting the edge. Brace was getting double teamed and still getting a good push. I don't expect them to be earth shattering, but they definitely will add to a line loaded with Depth.
- Shane Vereen needs to see more time... if he could be better between the tackles he would be unbelievable, he made a great catch in 11v11 drills.
- Chandler Jones is a pretty imposing guy. He looks like he plays angry, and he definitely explodes off the line. He made a few decent plays. Not sure just how much he'll bring just yet, but there is a ton of potential there.
- As a surprise also Donte Stallworth looks great as people have been saying. He's moving great and caught everything thrown in his direction.

edit- anybody else there?

Good stuff.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I just don't see it. I won't believe he has improved until I see him play in some preseason games. Another player who has been good is Ron Brace. That is another guy that I won't believe it until I see it.

At the very least Ron Brace is actually on the field... and again Cunningham is exploding off the line. I'm not expecting these guys to be outstanding, but I'm almost positive they will be a significant role on this team. The front line looks stacked.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Saints linebacker salty:

Scott Shanle @scottshanle
Donte Whitner: Good defenses don’t need bounties http://po.st/2W5aWl guy needs to shut his mouth and mind his own business. Don't remember them winning the superbowl. U still ringless. We got one and working on two now. Try to keep up

DMczaf

This thread is on notice.

temp120730_MC_Bucs_TC_0010--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

TheFatOne

At the very least Ron Brace is actually on the field... and again Cunningham is exploding off the line. I'm not expecting these guys to be outstanding, but I'm almost positive they will be a significant role on this team. The front line looks stacked.

I want to believe on Cunningham. Last year I thought he would improve, and slowly work his way towards becoming a starter. He was my pick before camp started, and O was excited about him. I'm just going to wait until the preseason games before I start to believe again.

Sokantish

This thread is on notice.

http://prod.images.buccaneers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BUCCANEERS/assets/images/imported/TB/photos/clubimages/2012/07-July/temp120730_MC_Bucs_TC_0010--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think I'm the only one that got the reference, sorry DMczaf.

Fox318

ssUP9.png

Somewhere old snes is raging right now.

Them's fighting words, like saying Nintendo sucks and hasn't been relevant for ten years.
That's like saying that the company has been more concerned with making weight loss equipment for fat moms and Freeman than making good Videogames.

ZMP4J.jpg

squicken

Those wondering about Bradford's performance to this point in camp should know he continues to perform at a high level, impressive coaches and teammates alike.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70322/fisher-helps-rams-beat-103-degree-heat

I watched the coverage NFLN had of Rams practice. It's so weird to have studio guys narrating a live practice. It's such awful TV really. They cut in and out with interviews from players and coaches to get live looks and it will be the 3rd string doing 1v1s. Probably like 10 plays of first string doing 11v11. Givens and Quick are struggling with catching the ball but they do have such huge catch radii compared to all the other WRs. Glad they are getting the fist team reps on outside

Fox318

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70322/fisher-helps-rams-beat-103-degree-heat

I watched the coverage NFLN had of Rams practice. It's so weird to have studio guys narrating a live practice. It's such awful TV really. They cut in and out with interviews from players and coaches to get live looks and it will be the 3rd string doing 1v1s. Probably like 10 plays of first string doing 11v11. Givens and Quick are struggling with catching the ball but they do have such huge catch radii compared to all the other players. Glad they are getting the fist team reps on outside

They showing their slant plays?

any truth to the rumor that the rest of the Lions players made Fatt Stafford do the Truffle Shuffle before they'd let him into the training facility?

Top Bottom