• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

LJ11

It's hyperbole of course but Watt was amazing last year. Think about how defensive lineman get drafted and just play first and second down, or in obvious passing situations. Watt was a full time player as a rookie and was eating people up. He's only going to get better. If I was a Texans fan I'd be more excited about him than I ever was about Mario
If he were faster and more agile he'd have been drafted in the top 5, felt that way at the time and still do. His college production would've been through the roof, so many missed sacks because their interior didn't get enough push to collapse the pocket, athletic QBs could just step around and he wasnt quick enough to change direction and wrap them up. He was seriously impressive at Wisonsin, last year as well.

Edit: someone posted his pressure numbers at Wisconsin once, don't recall the writer, Watt had lots of pressures and there's no one else on that line to really worry about.

Slo

Thats disgusting.

savage heathen

<3 Newts

6a00d8341cad8253ef010536b0d1cf970c-320wi

So I went to Flagstaff for the first time this last weekend to catch the Cards Red and White practice on Saturday, ended up setting a new record for training camp attendance for us at over 14,500 fans that day. It was crazy and awesome having that many fans for a practice considering we didn't even make the playoffs the past two seasons.

The significance of the Red and White versus the rest of training camp is that there is a live goal line session form the 40. Usually this practice is near the end but because we play in the HOF game, it was only the third practice and thus, not at our sharpest. D dominated as expected but I was very encouraged by what I saw of Ryan Williams and expect him to be a force this year, him and Beanie should be a really nice 1-2 punch at RB. Floyd looked big and I can't wait until he fully adjusts to the league, he and Fitz will cause a lot of problems for defenses. Kolb actually stepped into the pocket instead of running for his life which was great to see. I won't be relieved until I see it in the pre-season though as he knows our own players aren't going to try and injure him. Tried to get some autographs at the end but coach only gave them 10 minutes to show up in the weight room :| I did manage to get Dockett's though! :)

Man, I can't believe football is finally going to be upon us! Even earlier for us Cards fans, can't wait until Sunday! Wait...Kolb against Bounty before the season even begins....Skelton season confirmed.

if training camp is indication of future success then every player is fucking awesome and every team is going to win the superbowl!

hold on i'm going to pull out impressions from niners camp! zomfg colin kapernick hit 10/10 passes into a moving target the exact size of the football! randy moss had 7 passes thrown his way but caught 8 balls! so and so is looking better than ever! incredible!

Slo

Is it not as time consuming if I don't give a shit, or is it bad either way?

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. I was the guy who went in not giving a shit, and then spent every moment of every day scouring the waiver wire for backup shitbags to round out my bench for when my starters were on a bye week. I'd rather not spend my Sundays obsessing about 3rd down short yardage backs sniping goaline touchdowns from my starters.

If you don't see yourself having that problem, well by all means have fun.

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. I was the guy who went in not giving a shit, and then spent every moment of every day scouring the waiver wire for backup shitbags to round out my bench for when my starters were on a bye week. I'd rather not spend my Sundays obsessing about 3rd down short yardage backs sniping goaline touchdowns from my starters.

You can sound so nice and mean at the same time, it really is an amazing thing.

Also, I will send out more PM's tomorrow if it isn't filled out yet, I'm a little confused about how many people I've invited.

Greg

I guess that's what happens when you're a fan of a team that doesn't matter.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Chuck, help a Steelers brother out and sign me up.
Done. I haven't made the league yet, but you're in. Probably going to need a couple more, but let's see who replies to their pm's.
http://i.imgur.com/t41gb.gif[IMG]

It appears that I have been sprung from the coop early.

Let us congregate, Packer brothers, it is time to takeover this domicile whilst our brethren obtain our 14th championship trophy![/QUOTE]
Whew! Welcome back, I was afraid we were going to have to have cuevas do the OT's.
[quote="Alligatorjandro, post: 40487735"]Yeah he was doing it to troll[/QUOTE]
B..b..but Sanjuro told me that Sanjuro doesn't troll and that, in fact, Sanjuro doesn't know how to troll and that Sanjuro would never do such a thing.
[quote="Dutch Patriot, post: 40490941"]You can sound so nice and mean at the same time, it really is an amazing thing.

Also, I will send out more PM's tomorrow if it isn't filled out yet, I'm a little confused about how many people I've invited.[/QUOTE]
WHERE'S MY PM, DUTCH?

Mike Reiss said:
Could argue he's been their top pass rusher. RT: @jeduron: From what I read, Jermaine Cunningham is having a good camp. How is he looking?

I'm not gonna get excited, it's just training camp.

I'M NOT GONNA GET EXCITED, IT'S JUST TRAINING CAMP!

Fuck it!

JERMAINE CUNNINGHAM DEFENSIVE
PLAYER OF THE YEAR 2012!

Dutch and everyone else in the league, you guys interested in putting a little money in it? Like 10 each, makes it way more interesting

BigAT

I thought I was the only one that made an active move to get out of FF. I quit last season after having played fantasy football for many years (and being pretty successful at it). I hated being forced into watching games in terms of purely what it meant for my fantasy numbers and not just for the game itself. I love watching and analyzing football from an X's and O's standpoint, being put in the mode of focusing purely on fantasy nonsense was unpleasant.

Absolutely no regrets from getting out of fantasy football and I don't plan on signing up again this year.

Dutch and everyone else in the league, you guys interested in putting a little money in it? Like 10 each, makes it way more interesting

The idea was to make this a free, easy access league. So personally I'm not interested.

As for people who want to get invited, I need to wait on the responses from people who opted in early, so I'm not sure how much more people can join. I thought 14 people would be hard to find, but it filled up rather quickly. I'm sorry :(

This is the best picture ever.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Went to pats training camp today tons to look forward to.

- Brandon Lloyd looks as advertised. He's no Randy Moss, but he can actually play on the outside.
- Aaron Hernandez is unreal... I expect him to have similar production to Gronk this year. This isn't to say he'll have 15+ TDs, but neither of them will.
- Gronk looked healthy, Welker had the dropsies.
- Brandon Spikes had a big hit that got people riled up, the knee looks good. Moving Mayo to WLB opens him up to his full potential, and Hightower will push Ninko out of that role, which is really addition by subtraction alone, that being said, Hightower looked like he's going to fit right in and contribute from the start.
-Secondary is around the same as it was last year. Not a ton to look at from the safeties, Mccourty was out of place all day, and Dowling looked great. Unfortunately I don't expect him to stay healthy. Tavon Wilson made a handful of good plays.
- The Ron Brace/Jermaine Cunningham hype showed itself today. Jermaine was bursting off the line, and really getting the edge. Brace was getting double teamed and still getting a good push. I don't expect them to be earth shattering, but they definitely will add to a line loaded with Depth.
- Shane Vereen needs to see more time... if he could be better between the tackles he would be unbelievable, he made a great catch in 11v11 drills.
- Chandler Jones is a pretty imposing guy. He looks like he plays angry, and he definitely explodes off the line. He made a few decent plays. Not sure just how much he'll bring just yet, but there is a ton of potential there.
- As a surprise also Donte Stallworth looks great as people have been saying. He's moving great and caught everything thrown in his direction.

edit- anybody else there?

Okay, I've sent out the PM's for the greatest FF league of all time. If you wanted to join and didn't get a PM, let me know. Or not. See if I care.
1. Is it free? I'm already in two pay leagues and don't care for a third but would like to play with Gaffers.

2. How many people will be in this league? GAF FF tends to go to ridiculous numbers.
if training camp is indication of future success then every player is fucking awesome and every team is going to win the superbowl!

hold on i'm going to pull out impressions from niners camp! zomfg colin kapernick hit 10/10 passes into a moving target the exact size of the football! randy moss had 7 passes thrown his way but caught 8 balls! so and so is looking better than ever! incredible!

What part of my post were you commenting on? Ryan Williams? I was excited about him last year before he got injured. My zeal comes more from getting my first impression since he's come back from that injury. Many of us worried if he'd every be the same and to see him cut without hurting anything was encouraging. Splitting time with Beanie, he's going to be good. Or maybe Floyd? Who doesn't think the kid will do well? He's around the size of Fitz and uses it to his advantage. Very physical, great hands, and is learning from the best. My excitement has nothing to do with Training Camp, I was just commenting on how big he looked in person (despite already knowing his size).

Your fear is already palpable my little Niner. I can't wait for our teams to meet!

sonicmj1

At least Baltimore won a Super Bowl. The Eagles have crushed me over and over again for the past decade with no payoff in terms of championships. 4 straight NFC Championships two of which were lost to inferior teams. The year the Eagles came out of nowhere to almost beat the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC championship game in 2008 only to have the defense systematically picked apart down the field by Kurt Warner after the Eagles had just come back to get a lead from down 21 points.

Just remember, things could always be worse.

101426_slide.jpg

Fantomex

I'm wondering I'd there's enough people that want to play that maybe their should be another fantasy gaf league added?

We should give members of the team that wins the SB a prize this year.

Winner gets a night with a sconi woman.Loser gets a night with a sconi woman.

TheFatOne

I'M NOT GONNA GET EXCITED, IT'S JUST TRAINING CAMP!

Fuck it!

JERMAINE CUNNINGHAM DEFENSIVE
PLAYER OF THE YEAR 2012!

I just don't see it. I won't believe he has improved until I see him play in some preseason games. Another player who has been good is Ron Brace. That is another guy that I won't believe it until I see it.

Top Bottom