• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

bionic77

I've always wanted to know: What is it with (richer) Americans and their perfectly white teeth? Does everybody just get them bleached or are you all genetically superior?
Brushing, flossing and regular trips to the dentist.

Though coffee is slowing starting to fuck up my teeth. Wish I was not addicted but us working folk need it in the morning.

Milchjon

Though coffee is slowing starting to fuck up my teeth. Wish I was not addicted but us working folk need it in the morning.

Sure, but people around here do all of that too.

Maybe I mostly get to see upper class/entertainment type Americans, where it makes sense to fix your teeth.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Eff that, 29 years old and haven't taken a single sip of coffee in my life. Hope I will never have to drink that vile smelling stuff.

yankeehater said:
I only played the first AC game and I didnt like it,
That's because it was repetitious garbage. I've seriously not played a game that so willfully went out of his way to wear its repetition like a badge of honor. All games are repetitive to an extent - it's about how well the developer hides that through good level design, pacing, etc. The first AC fails miserably in all of those categories. Not to mention the supposed open world was a big illusion. There was absolutely nothing to interact with or do with it.

I'm a big fan of the sequel and Brotherhood, though. Both went into a more traditional open world setup but it made for a better game. By the time Revelations hit, the formula had hit saturation. I'm hopeful for 3 but if they didn't implement a major shake up to the structure of the series - I'll be disappointed.

bionic77

Sure, but people around here do all of that too.

Maybe I mostly get to see upper class/entertainment type Americans, where it makes sense to fix your teeth.
A lot of people in Hollywood get their teeth bleached or have fake veneers (can't believe people do that).

Outside of England I did not see a big problem in the teeth I saw in Europe. Though you guys smoke more than us so that might explain the shitty teeth.

Milchjon

Eff that, 29 years old and haven't taken a single sip of coffee in my life. Hope I will never have to drink that vile smelling stuff.

Coffee smell is among the top ten smells ever.

A lot of people in Hollywood get their teeth bleached or have fake veneers (can't believe people do that).

Outside of England I did not see a big problem in the teeth I saw in Europe. Though you guys smoke more than us so that might explain the shitty teeth.

Well, "shitty" isn't the right word. But they don't have that agressive whiteness that you can see with some Americans.

Caffeine is actually a very powerful drug when it comes to withdrawals but despite that coffee is actually quite good for you if you drink it black.

Loads of antioxidants and the regular supply of caffeine can result in lower incidence of Alzheimers in old age.

I used to not like coffee but I got tired of being chunky so I stopped drinking soda and still needed the caffeine fix without the sugar.

Greg

Y'all is cray!

But seriously I decided not to drink it after seeing how addicted my mom got. The few times she didn't have her coffee in the morning she'd have headaches all day long. I don't want that to ever be me.
I'll go on kicks with it, but it takes multiple cups a day to get to that point where you start having headaches when you don't have it. And even then, it only takes me about a week to get off it.

I drink more tea than I do coffee, but the smell of coffee alone puts me in a good mood.

Bowser

I rarely ever drank coffee until I took my first job out of undergrad (2 years ago, yeah I'm young. I started posting in NFL GAF when I was fucking 15 lol). Now, I rarely go a day without it.

Black coffee is truly the nectar of the goods.

Beads

Hard Knocks could potentially have footage of the Dolphins hearing about the arrest, couldn't it? This should be a legendary episode.

Caffeine is actually a very powerful drug when it comes to withdrawals but despite that coffee is actually quite good for you if you drink it black.

Loads of antioxidants and the regular supply of caffeine can result in lower incidence of Alzheimers in old age.

I used to not like coffee but I got tired of being chunky so I stopped drinking soda and still needed the caffeine fix without the sugar.
Anything you drink or eat is either killing you and causes cancer or is keeping you healthy with antioxidants and omega 3s or some shits, all depending on which report/study you read on it at any given time.

That's why I think health food nuts are crazy. Eat what you want in moderation and stay semi active and you'll be fine. Just don't like the taste of coffee.

I have to retake a drug test because on my last one I drank too much water, wtf science you suck.

I think if you're fit and get 6+ hours of sleep you probably dont need coffee.

Anything you drink or eat is either killing you and causes cancer or is keeping you healthy with antioxidants and omega 3s or some shits, all depending on which report/study you read on it at any given time.

That's why I think health food nuts are crazy. Eat what you want in moderation and stay semi active and you'll be fine. Just don't like the taste of coffee.

Its really not a matter of current articles, black coffee is actually good for you in moderation.

But yeah you are right. Moderation is the key to life.

Bowser

I'm gonna outlive all you non-coffee drinkers!

Your morning cup of coffee may start to taste even better after a major government study found that frequent coffee drinkers have a lower risk of dying from a variety of diseases, compared with people who drink little or no coffee.

The report, published online in The New England Journal of Medicine on Wednesday, analyzed the coffee-drinking habits of more than 400,000 men and women ages 50 to 71, making it the largest-ever study of the relationship between coffee consumption and health.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/16/coffee-drinkers-may-live-longer/

Greg

I have to retake a drug test because on my last one I drank too much water, wtf science you suck.

"water"

And I'm fit, but caffeinated coffee + banana before a workout is the best.

Hey vita owners Sony had a bunch of Vita announcements at gamescom today. PS1 games will be playable starting on the 28th, PS+ is coming to vita also, plus a bunch of games were shown.

K-19

Banned
How is it possible? Sanchez know that this season is certainly his last as QB and he keep going, cool, not growling at the peoples who call him Tim. This case gonna be a big big big shit.

squicken

Broncos RG Chris Kuper is expected to be sidelined six weeks after suffering a broken ulna in his forearm during Tuesday's practice.

I am watching the Texans replay, Yates looks much better then he did last year. Much more poised. Texans fans is there any chance he wins the job?

squicken

I am watching the Texans replay, Yates looks much better then he did last year. Much more poised. Texans fans is there any chance he wins the job?

I'll field this one even though I'm not currently a Texans fan

Beat out Schaub in 2012? No way. Potential starter in 2013 if they decide to let Schaub walk in the offseason? Yes. If Schaub stays healthy, they'll extend him. But if he gets hurt or his noodle arm gets even softer, they'll let him go

6 hours is too little. That shit is hard to wake up from.

7 and a half is my magic amount. Wake up feeling amazing. Anything more/less I'm groggy as dick.

bionic77

I drink coffee because it's hot and delicious, not for caffeine.
I think it is an acquired taste. Now I think good coffee is delicious but when I first starred drinking it in college I remember not loving it and preferring a can of coke. And the caffeine is huge for me, though it is getting less effective over time. I mostly drink coffee when I travel or when I am dying in the office or as a dessert.

Narag

WTF is a legit starter? Either you start for an NFL or you dont. Is small hands a legit starter?

Sometimes you start due to circumstance like the issue the Jags had last year. Just because one is the lesser of two evils doesn't mean they deserve to be a starter.

Bowser

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ated-and-prospered-now-its-time-for-reckoning

Isn't one of our Panthers fans a UNC grad? How many of your classes were real?

That's me, and that whole article is quite a fucking stretch. It's Gregg Doyel though, so no surprise, he's a sensationalist douche. He's a terrible, beyond subpar journalist so he has to write shitty articles with wild, baseless claims to get hits. I love how he concludes from Peppers' transcript that the banners in the Dean Dome need to come down...please. Throughout this whole thing, the basketball team has barely been mentioned, but he's trying to stretch it as if it affected every single sport. And just because Peppers took some AFAM courses and did decent in them compared to his other classes doesn't mean anything in and of itself. News flash, athletes take easy majors, that happens at pretty much every D1 school. The whole point of athletes majoring in AFAM or Communications or pretty much anything that isn't Biology, Chemistry, Business/Economics-related, etc. is because it's supposed to be easier than those disciplines.

effzee

Is coffee with skim or 1% milk with no sugar still good? I can't get myself to drink black coffee unless I load it with sugar. And I prefer the taste of coffee with milk without the sugar.

Bowser

Is coffee with skim or 1% milk with no sugar still good? I can't get myself to drink black coffee unless I load it with sugar. And I prefer the taste of coffee with milk without the sugar.

Don't see why not...adding skim milk is pretty much just adding water to it anyway.

squicken

That's me, and that whole article is quite a fucking stretch. It's Gregg Doyel though, so no surprise, he's a sensationalist douche. I love how he concludes from Peppers' transcript that the banners in the Dean Dome need to come down...please. Throughout this whole thing, it's barely even involved the basketball team, but he's trying to stretch it as if it affected every single sport.

So will Michael Jordan's NCAA title get pulled down?

edit: At first I was curious as to why Grover would pass up this perfect trolling opportunity, and then I realized he now views Kentucky as Duke's true rival

Top Bottom