• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Coughlin in DT Dwayne Hendricks:

"He goes a million miles an hour, I have just the utmost respect for that kid,'' Coughlin said. "That kid works his ever-lovin’ off. As a matter of fact I use him as an example, you’re going against him you better be going full speed, he’s gonna make you look bad.''

Striker, how many times has Coughlin been that animated about a player at camp? Victor Cruz the first year maybe?

Havent enjoyed Madden since 10

Me neither. I'll try the demo for 13, but if there aren't any significant improvements, I'll sit this year out too.

Come to think of it, I'm not looking at any buying sports games this year. 2K's gotten complacent and NBA's suffered because of it (We got a big announcement guys! Jay-Z made the soundtrack this year! Sure the game is still broken, but...JIGGA's DAT N****!!!) and FIFA13 doesn't look any bit different than 12.

K-19

Banned
I'm well aware. Hence why my comments are about the demo and not the retail release of Madden 13. The goal of a demo is to sell your game. To demonstrate if you will. What they've demonstrated are some really poor visuals. We'll see if the final game is significantly different on August 28th (I doubt it).

I think it's quite the opposite. The best case scenario is to judge with your eyes on your television. If anything marketing videos of the game just skew the reality of what the game actually looks like. Again, I hope the final game is better in the visuals department cause it's fugly right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0asndQO-MNY&feature=fvst

seems not bad at all.
Not the best graphics ok

Anyway I'll buy it day one on PS3 and all I want to hear is that EA have made a respectable work on it.
My first Madden :3

brentech

Switched the gameplay to 'very slow', definitely reacts a lot better now at least, and some of the physics seem to be more obvious.

It clearly didn't change anything with the ball, just player interactions

brentech said:
It clearly didn't change anything with the ball, just player interactions
That's not surprising. We're not going to see any substantial jump in the gameplay department until next generation consoles are released. I'm actually surprised we even got something resembling a physics engine in this years game.

Oh and I miss Madden releasing on PC.:(

G-Fex

I'm terrible at these games

Now that I've got Live gold, I can't wait to embarrass myself live on stream against other madden players.

K-19

Banned
Madden need to sell more for the graphics get better. Maybe madden 14 will get that real player motion capture like for FIFA.

G-Fex

Madden and NCAA are the only football games releasing now a days right?

No Blitz the leagues or Gameday or NFL 2K or anything right?

jakncoke

Banned
Madden and NCAA are the only football games releasing now a days right?

No Blitz the leagues or Gameday or NFL 2K or anything right?

Gameday hasnt made a game since like 2001 and 2K has been gone since the exclusive license thing. all pro 2k8 doesnt count for shit

brentech

2nd game on PS3 and with game speed set to 'very slow' I'm more impressed with the physics engine. Actually changes the game play as players clearly tackled but on another body are still live and they don't stop the play just like the real game. Got 4 extra yards rolling over a pile on one play.

Another nice thing you notice that isn't game changing, but a nice show in the replays is impact and then helmets rocking back as they should. Much more life in the game. Same deal with a player that got elevated and his foot hit a player in the head, it knocked just his head in the right direction.

Growing on me.....god damn it. (although players do seem to trip over each other on almost every other play, which is lol worthy)

G-Fex

Gameday hasnt made a game since like 2001 and 2K has been gone since the exclusive license thing. all pro 2k8 doesnt count for shit

Ah okay. I'm more unaware of this stuff than I thought.

2nd game on PS3 and with game speed set to 'very slow' I'm more impressed with the physics engine. Actually changes the game play as players clearly tackled but on another body are still live and they don't stop the play just like the real game. Got 4 extra yards rolling over a pile on one play.

Another nice thing you notice that isn't game changing, but a nice show in the replays is impact and then helmets rocking back as they should. Much more life in the game. Same deal with a player that got elevated and his foot hit a player in the head, it knocked just his head in the right direction.

Growing on me.....god damn it.

I love the expressions of pain as a player's head hit the turf.

They still got the deadly emotionless stares of death.

Especially the coaches and refs.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It's a demo, they don't show the final result. The best, I think, it's to watch some gameplay footage on you tube in 720p or 1080p.

I've never noticed a madden game improve the visuals from the demo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/evelyn-lozada-issues-statement-johnson-162953723--spt.html
NEW YORK (AP) -- Evelyn Lozada is ending her 41-day-old marriage to Chad Johnson after the football star was arrested for allegedly head-butting her over the weekend.

Danika Berry, a rep for the VH1 reality star, confirmed reports that Lozada filed for divorce on Tuesday.

Earlier, Lozada issued a statement saying Johnson - who was cut by the Miami Dolphins after the Saturday arrest - ''needs help.'' She also said that he was lying when he told police she head-butted him.

The two were wed July 4 after their courtship was detailed on VH1's ''Basketball Wives.'' Their nuptials were to be part of the VH1 reality show ''Ev & Ocho,'' but it's now been shelved.

The altercation allegedly occurred after Lozada questioned him about a receipt for condoms that she found.
You have GOT to be kidding me.

red13th

So that article about Tebow being our sunday savior on the magazine someone posted a few pages back has a spread of shirtless Tebow in a "Jesus-like pose".

cajunator

Banned
Update:

With Canty questionable to make it opening day, that's a blow to the DT depth on the team. Hopefully Hendricks and Marvin Austin keep coming along cause they'll be needed.

That sucks for Rodgers. Big Baby as people call him. He didn't work out here but the Saints gave him a shot. I hope its not compartment syndrome. Sounds like a similar case.

I don't how you do it out there but when I was there in June it was crazy hot..Even at 3 in the morning it was mad hot...

Because I'm not outside lol.
I dispatch from an office chair in a nice air conditioned room on the fifth floor of a building. I don't drive the truck.

cam-newton-01.jpg

cam-newton-by-peggy-sirota-for-gq-september-2012-2.jpg

cam-newton-04.jpg

Not sure...why cheerleaders are there.

But I won't complain.

That sucks for Rodgers. Big Baby as people call him. He didn't work out here but the Saints gave him a shot. I hope its not compartment syndrome. Sounds like a similar case.

Because I'm not outside lol.
I dispatch from an office chair in a nice air conditioned room on the fifth floor of a building. I don't drive the truck.

cool deals...I did like the cheesecake bistro out there...Good stuff

bluemax

Banned
HoFlynn starting again this week and playing the whole first half.

Russell Wilson playing the whole second half.

T-Jack not playing.

jakncoke

Banned
He's healthy. The coaches feel after seeing him play 14 games last season they know what he can and can't do. Flynn has played in 2 NFL games and Wilson in none. So they want to see what they have.

I dont think this happens very happen tbh. Even if you know your qb sucks you usually give him a few snaps.

Milchjon

Deadspin has a short piece on Nnamdi's concussion and how it's being handled, which I mainly like for this comment:

Neurologist: Can you spell your name?
Asomugha: No.
Neurologist: Me either! What the hell was your mom thinking?! NOW GET BACK IN THERE!

[slaps Asomugha on the back]

Top Bottom