• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Bowser

So will Michael Jordan's NCAA title get pulled down?

Even though I know you are joking, I will still respond with this:

ibj1RrbuXaq1xb.gif

edit: also even though I know you have no allegiance to any team whatsoever and you probably hadn't even heard of the Rams at this point, I will still post this and pretend that it makes you feel bad:

ibdWUGWe3dlEM7.gif

squicken

Even though I know you are joking, I will still respond with this:

http://i.minus.com/ibj1RrbuXaq1xb.gif[/MG]

edit: also even though I know you have no allegiance to any team whatsoever and you probably hadn't even heard of the Rams at this point, I will still post this and pretend that it makes you feel bad:

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibdWUGWe3dlEM7.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

"So you're telling me Jeffrey has the same amount of college titles as Kobe and one less than Magic? lol"

That is happening somewhere

cajunator

Banned
I drink coffee because it's hot and delicious, not for caffeine.

same. A good cup gets me through the work nights. but not to keep me awake because I'm all energy, but its just a relaxing type of drink.

Yep, I'm a Duke guy and I'm not buying it.

And if they do anything to UNC they need to put the death penalty on every football program in the SEC. Academic "fraud" in athletic programs is a huge fucking deal and its much more widespread than just one or two schools.

I guarantee you LSU is doing it.
No SEC school is playing it straight. too much at stake.

Update:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Coughlin confirms DT Shaun Rogers is done for the season with a blood clot. Feels bad because Rogers showed commitment, lost 50 lbs. #nyg

With Canty questionable to make it opening day, that's a blow to the DT depth on the team. Hopefully Hendricks and Marvin Austin keep coming along cause they'll be needed.

Walteur said:
Could they reproduce what they did against the patriots during the SB without these guys?
Interior pressure from the DT position is important and it's the engine that powers what our defensive ends do. Linval Joseph is healthy and is set to have a breakout season if he maintains that health. That second DT spot (the one Canty usually mans) is the question along with the depth behind both.

Marvin Austin went into the hospital today with back issues which has Coughlin concerned as well. So that could be another blow if he has a serious back problem.

It's the Giants. It's always one position that gets decimated. In 2009 it was the safety position. In 2010 it was the wide receivers. In 2011 it was the cornerbacks. Business as usual (Super Bowl here we come!).

eznark

Banned
Tearaway looks so terrible. A mini game collection that features blowing on the screen.

What else was announced to save the system? Price cut?

Striker

Interior pressure from the DT position is important and it's the engine that powers what our defensive ends do. Linval Joseph is healthy and is set to have a breakout season if he maintains that health. That second DT spot (the one Canty usually mans) is the question along with the depth behind both.
It does stink about Shaun Rogers. Thought he would've been a nice guy inside taking up blockers. As of now, it looks as if the starters for Week 1 will be Linval Joseph and Rocky Bernard. Marvin Austin will be the third tackle if he's healthy enough, if not it could very well be Dwayne Hendricks (!).

I reckon they'll be pushing some DT's into camp and having them take reps so Rocky and Linval do not get so many. Jimmy Kennedy is still out there, and wouldn't be a bad addition as he played with them last year.

brentech

eh, not really feeling the new Madden, doesn't feel really different at all. Will play some more and see if I can notice a little more going on.
And Alex Smith looks more like the Hulk than he does Alex Smith, lol

Striker said:
if not it could very well be Dwayne Hendricks (!).
Coughlin is in love with him. Been singing his praises since the first preseason game (2 sacks and 4 solo tackles will do that for you). He's a roster lock at this point.

brentech said:
not really feeling the new Madden
I'm liking the gameplay quite a bit. The physics effects are incredibly subtle at times but they are there and make a big difference in he running game, IMO. I had a nice 22 yard with Bradshaw and he got clipped at the legs which sent him spinning in the air and you could see ragdoll physics in motion there. Good stuff. The problem is the visuals are terrible. The textures have like ZERO detail at all when zoomed out. The field looks pretty miserable. Close-up things look pretty good but when zoomed out - yuck.

Striker

Coughlin is in love with him. Been singing his praises since the first preseason game (2 sacks and 4 solo tackles will do that for you). He's a roster lock at this point.
Once Canty comes off PUP, assuming he does anyways, what happens at the DT spot? Unless they go in with five DT's, perhaps meanin Kuhn has a shot, and they drop them to add Canty.

Once Canty comes off PUP, assuming he does anyways, what happens at the DT spot? Unless they go in with five DT's, perhaps meanin Kuhn has a shot, and they drop them to add Canty.
They'll release the extra body as necessary, yeah. If they bring in a Jamie Kennedy or someone else to fill the role, then they'll be the first one gone. Right now, Linval, Austin (if he remains healthy), Hendricks are likely locks. Rocky Bernard is a staple vet and is likely a favorite for that 4th DT spot unless another vet is brought in that pushes him for it. Kuhn could be stashed on the PS if the Giants think they have something with him. Once Canty is activated, either the vet (Bernard) is released or if the youngin' isn't playing up to snuff - they will be released.

That's why I think Hendricks makes it. What's the alternative? Try to stash Hendricks on the practice squad again? If he continues to play like he did against the Jaguars - someone is going to scoop him up. I think Coughlin would prefer to see what they have him considering the thinning numbers.

K-19

Banned

I'm liking the gameplay quite a bit. The physics effects are incredibly subtle at times but they are there and make a big difference in he running game, IMO. I had a nice 22 yard with Bradshaw and he got clipped at the legs which sent him spinning in the air and you could see ragdoll physics in motion there. Good stuff. The problem is the visuals are terrible. The textures have like ZERO detail at all when zoomed out. The field looks pretty miserable. Close-up things look pretty good but when zoomed out - yuck.

It's a demo, they don't show the final result. The best, I think, it's to watch some gameplay footage on you tube in 720p or 1080p.

brentech

Dunno about the physics. All I've seen is players run into each other and act like a bomb exploded on impact as they fly away. Also just now was playing as SF, late in the 4th Eli threw a bomb towards the endzone into triple coverage and I picked it......the ball hit my chest and then floated into my hands.
Showed perfectly by their in game replay system, lol. Backfired! (A problem that's been around for a long time, magnet hands)

BigAT

It's a demo, they don't show the final result. The best, I think, it's to watch some gameplay footage on you tube in 720p or 1080p.

It's the final product. Madden or NCAA has never improved in any real way, aside from bug fixes, from their demos to the released product.

Walteur said:
It's a demo, they don't show the final result.
I'm well aware. Hence why my comments are about the demo and not the retail release of Madden 13. The goal of a demo is to sell your game. To demonstrate if you will. What they've demonstrated are some really poor visuals. We'll see if the final game is significantly different on August 28th (I doubt it).

Walteur said:
The best, I think, it's to watch some gameplay footage on you tube in 720p or 1080p.
I think it's quite the opposite. The best case scenario is to judge with your eyes on your television. If anything marketing videos of the game just skew the reality of what the game actually looks like. Again, I hope the final game is better in the visuals department cause it's fugly right now.

brentech

Yeah, I don't buy that excuse for Madden.
Sometimes they lack some of the full game audio, but otherwise it's essentially the pressed version of the game minus team tweaks and tuning adjustments...but not the game itself.

I do way prefer Nantz and Simms calling the game compared to Gus Johnson's antics.
I passed on Madden 10/11, only got last years because Packers moments, but I ended up 100% the title, so I played it a great bit. Otherwise I'd probably pick this up for a fix, but I just don't think so. Again, playing another game or 2 of the demo.

the Vita demo's performance is shit

damnit
lol, I suppose I'll find that myself here in a little bit too.

G-Fex

Madden 13 seems ok.

I liked last years menu screens more though.

physics I guess? I just know awkward body animations as one player tackles another.

But it makes for hilarious replays.

Top Bottom