• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

squicken

Sounds like a lot of checkdowns...which is exactly what he did his rookie year, is it not? I don't see how this is ground-breaking philosophy for Bradford, it's how he's operated his entire "career" so far.

In year one Shurmur rightly understood the OL couldn't protect him and they didn't have game breaking WRs, so they ran all the short stuff. Those weren't checkdowns. Those were the intended targets. McDaniels wanted to have a downfiled passing game, but Shurmur was proven right, as they couldn't protect (3 QBs lost to injury) and didn't have the WRs for it until Lloyd (by which time Bradford was hurt)

I'm not arguing against doing it Shurmur's way, again. They still can't block, and the young WRs still need to learn to get open. What I'm saying is that it is nonsense to equate efficiency with short passes. Or that a QB can't move from his spot and be effective. Rodgers, Brees, Eli, old Peyton. All those guys move all over the place to throw it. Bruisers like Cam and Rapist excel while moving

Now it's optimal for Bradford to not move, just b/c he doesn't know how. But with an actual good QB you want him to hold it and move and look for the big play downfield. A coach that is fundamentally adverse to that is a bad coach

edit: lol FMT. Well done

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
that's pretty hot. i imagine it's me there, giving those bj's

I'm telling wifey!

FMT on the DL, now I know why you love San Fransisco so much, it's all cumming together =D

The Hard knocks "Call Me, Maybe" joke, about sad face flat desks before, happy faces desks 6 inches higher after, got a huge LAWL out of me

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I gotta find episode one, that episode got me all hot and bothered!

How long before they end up forcing all teams to do this?

Fox318

They would be great for letting a dog sleep on them.
I saw you today.

SJit1.jpeg

Godslay

Banned
Episode 2 was good. Felt bad for Garrard, he seems like a pretty good guy. I know Dolphins fans are doom and gloom, but it wouldn't hurt Tannehill to spend some time underneath Garrard and Moore, and continue to develop. Cutting Chad didn't seem that awkward. Pretty cut and dry, and I think he knew it was coming.

Top Bottom