• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

squicken

They showing their slant plays?

There was one yesterday where to DL let up to not sack Bradford, and the LB decided not to blow up Amendola, that he took for a TD. So 1 slant, 1TD that I know of

How's Jets camp going? I've heard everyone looks really good and there's no drama and Schotty was clearly the problem

Fantomex

There was one yesterday where to DL let up to not sack Bradford, and the LB decided not to blow up Amendola, that he took for a TD. So 1 slant, 1TD that I know of

How's Jets camp going? I've heard everyone looks really good and there's no drama and Schotty was clearly the problem

Didn't Rex say something snappy about Santonio just the other day? The jests are like farts, even if they ain't loud soon enough someone's gonna pay.

squicken

Didn't Rex say something snappy about Santonio just the other day? The jests are like farts, even if they ain't loud soon enough someone's gonna pay.

Cromartie said that he was the 2nd best WR on the roster, and Tebow won't acknowledge Sanchez as the starter

Colasante

I want to believe on Cunningham. Last year I thought he would improve, and slowly work his way towards becoming a starter. He was my pick before camp started, and O was excited about him. I'm just going to wait until the preseason games before I start to believe again.

If Cunningham improves this year, the 2010 draft class- McCourty, Cunningham, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Mesko, and Deaderick, could pan out to be one of the best draft classes of any team in recent years.

Doomsayer

I feel like I'm going to be perma'd one day soon in this new hypersentivive GAF we live in. I'm already planning my GAF bucket list.

Sadly it is going to happen.

There was an amazing image posted in the funny pics thread with a reputation system on it, but the actual picture was hilarious.

Didn't Blaster get banned for trolling? Someone else recently as well...

G-Fex

You know why I never get banned?

I don't step on peoples toes.

I nag, but I don't directly insult.

I think super PC cause I know, one wrong then and I'm toast.

Now I fear the B word and won't utter it again on this board.

G-Fex

DM, you aren't allowed to change your avatar, how will I recognize your posts now without Homer there, right below your name?

he sold out to Nolan

Speaking of which, I'm going to see TDKR tomorrow finally, I would've saw it today but eh.

cashman

Banned
You know why I never get banned?

I don't step on peoples toes.

I nag, but I don't directly insult.

I think super PC cause I know, one wrong then and I'm toast.

Now I fear the B word and won't utter it again on this board.

I think it's okay in this thread BIIIIIIIIITCH

squicken

On Flacco and Cam Cameron

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/nfl/managing-games-hurts-flacco

Joe Flacco is "consistent", but only as it pertains to the stat sheets come season's end. The reality is that there are reasons to be very concerned about his consistency if the Ravens want to win at a high level. While Flacco must certainly be held accountable for his problems, the Ravens brain-trust is to blame as well.

YDZ0B.jpg

To dig deeper, I spoke with John Pollard who is the general manager of the Sports Solutions Group at STATS. The X-Info portion of the STATS ICE program has a performance metric called "poor throws" which charts incompletions that were due to the quarterback over-throwing, under-throwing and throwing wide of the target. Here are the numbers from last season with comparisons to some of the "tier 2" quarterbacks in the league.

SpmQ2.jpg

In the movie "Rounders", Matt Damon's character Mike McDermott famously opines, "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, but you can't win much either."

Flacco doesn't put much in the middle. How else can you explain managing to avoid a high interception rate despite having such a low completion percentage and so many "poor throws?" He folded without seeing the flop. Flacco would rather overthrow a wide receiver or check it down to the safe option than take chances. He's in a "just don't lose the game" mode and it is hard for him to get out.

What would Ben Roethlisberger do? It won't always be pretty, but Ben is willing to stay in a hand and look for his flush on the river. Don't let that goofy haircut fool you because Philip Rivers has a pair of 8s and he thinks you're bluffing which is why he will push his chips all-in and look for shots down the field despite having a very average arm. He's willing to gamble.

I know that the Ravens tried to open up the offense for Flacco in the past, but that does no good when he's just going to "check (down), check (down), check (down)".

Players just don't seem to be utilized to the best of their abilities in Cam Cameron's offense and that might include Flacco. Cameron needs to study the numbers and really work with Flacco to find out what Flacco is best at and most comfortable with and mold the passing game around those strengths.

I hate the Rounders analogy b/c it's so lazy, but otherwise good stuff. Good QBs throw interceptions. One of the things I hated about Spags was that it was obvious he told his QBs not to throw INTs. Clearly Harbs does that with Alex. The thing is, if you don't think you have a good QB then you tell him to not lose it. But if you actually think your QB is a franchise player, you tell him to let it rip

JABEE

According to Giantbomb the Cleveland Browns are no longer a football team.

Sorry browns fan.

It's like Shutter Island. We just mention the Browns every so often to make Browns fans think the Browns are still in the NFL.

I'm sorry Kaveman.

Milchjon

What happened to DarienA? He hasn't been active for almost a year now.

Unrelated:
atlfan.jpg

How come some QBs seem to be able to stay in the league forever? Sage Rosenfels has been there since 01, has less than 4200 yards, and still has a spot.

Any room for a Packer fan? Also, my cousin plays for the Redskins. #69 Willie Smith OT. I cheer for him when I can but my heart always will lie in Green Bay. <3

Ænima

Any room for a Packer fan? Also, my cousin plays for the Redskins. #69 Willie Smith OT. I cheer for him when I can but my heart always will lie in Green Bay. <3
That's cool. Your cousin may end up starting at RT for the entire season with all the injuries that Jammal Brown can't seem to heal from.

On Flacco and Cam Cameron

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/nfl/managing-games-hurts-flacco

I hate the Rounders analogy b/c it's so lazy, but otherwise good stuff. Good QBs throw interceptions. One of the things I hated about Spags was that it was obvious he told his QBs not to throw INTs. Clearly Harbs does that with Alex. The thing is, if you don't think you have a good QB then you tell him to not lose it. But if you actually think your QB is a franchise player, you tell him to let it rip

Yeah. You're not winning Super Bowls if you don't take shots down the field. There are a good few QB's in the league who play by minimizing risk and Flacco is their king.

Top Bottom