• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

i dont like losing...everr. also i see lots of things that we need to hurry up and fix or we'll be 0-2 in the regular season(well maybe not i dont remember who we play in the first 2)

If Harrison doesn't get back and Timmons continues to fade, we're not going to get to the QB. Ike used up his one "hey the ball is in my hands I should squeeze it" for the year.

jakncoke

Banned
If Harrison doesn't get back and Timmons continues to fade, we're not going to get to the QB. Ike used up his one "hey the ball is in my hands I should squeeze it" for the year.

as long he breaks up passes then its chill, although i'd love for him to catch.

Andrew Luck kind of has a dorky voice. But dude can ball, though.

he went to stanford after all and got a degree where he'll make like 300k a year.. he is a born dork

bionic77

Steelers fans summarize what you saw. I was traveling to see family so I only caught bits and pieces of first half. O line looks like dog shit. I hope they improve as the season progresses. I think I can say I agree with those who say Luck is a sure thing. Made some bad decisions and I have no idea if he is clutch, but I can see him being a top 10 qb by season 3. And while he made some dumb throws he was also able to pick apart our D at times.

Back to Steelers. Troy looked slow. Ben looked fast. Defense looked bad. Didn't see much more than that.

Steelers fans summarize what you saw. I was traveling to see family so I only caught bits and pieces of first half. O line looks like dog shit. I hope they improve as the season progresses. I think I can say I agree with those who say Luck is a sure thing. Made some bad decisions and I have no idea if he is clutch, but I can see him being a top 10 qb by season 3. And while he made some dumb throws he was also able to pick apart our D at times.

Back to Steelers. Troy looked slow. Ben looked fast. Defense looked bad. Didn't see much more than that.

Starks has to get healthy cause Adams needs tons of work. Running game looks a little better, but they really need to get their RBs back in action. Passing game is a WIP because the number 1 unit hasn't done anything downfield at all. Having Wallace would be nice. Same story on defense, they need their linebackers healthy. So basically, they need their starters back on the field sooner rather than later.

squicken

Steelers weren't vanilla but they weren't going all out. Luck has some trouble with a couple of their coverages but overall was solid. He'll take lumps, but he'll also win that division. Already the best QB in AFCS

bionic77

Steelers weren't vanilla but they weren't going all out. Luck has some trouble with a couple of their coverages but overall was solid. He'll take lumps, but he'll also win that division. Already the best QB in AFCS
He is a rookie. No one can figure out the NFL game as a qb or receiver in the first year. He will have it down by year 3 unless he gets hurt. He also made some really nice throws, I was really impressed at one throw he made on the run (not many qb's can do that). Dude is a star and will be great if he is not a choker and stays healthy.

bionic77

Starks has to get healthy cause Adams needs tons of work. Running game looks a little better, but they really need to get their RBs back in action. Passing game is a WIP because the number 1 unit hasn't done anything downfield at all. Having Wallace would be nice. Same story on defense, they need their linebackers healthy. So basically, they need their starters back on the field sooner rather than later.
I can't believe how bad Adams is. Hope he is not a bust. I always thought LT was more physical than mental. I am worried about the boy.

squicken

He is a rookie. No one can figure out the NFL game as a qb or receiver in the first year. He will have it down by year 3 unless he gets hurt. He also made some really nice throws, I was really impressed at one throw he made on the run (not many qb's can do that). Dude is a star and will be great if he is not a choker and stays healthy.

It's a different game now. He and RG3 are really the first guys who have spent their whole youth playing 7 vs 7. He was valedictorian at a pretty good high school here. The rules are set up to keep him healthy. The AFCS is crap. He'd be 6-10 in the one of the better divisions, but can go 9-7/8-8 in the one he's in.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I can't believe how bad Adams is. Hope he is not a bust. I always thought LT was more physical than mental. I am worried about the boy.

His problems today were mental for sure. He was so worried about getting beat outside like he was last week, he got repeatedly beat inside. Once he's engaged, he ok. It's going to take him a while, though. No way he should play this year.

Yeah, there were some people that thought he was a reach. I hope he comes around, but knowing the Steeler line under Kugler, I'm not getting my hopes too high.

bionic77

His problems today were mental for sure. He was so worried about getting beat outside like he was last week, he got repeatedly beat inside. Once he's engaged, he ok. It's going to take him a while, though. No way he should play this year.
That means he is guessing which is not what you can afford to do as a lineman. Hope he figures it out but I am almost officially worried.

Top Bottom