• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Milchjon

I will have to agree with Grover on this one.

We all know that Tebow doesn't just fuck anyone. So to be the first team he fucked in the playoffs, well obviously we are going to cherish that memory for a very long time.

Todd Akin, is that you? Rape is never ok.

DSmalls84

Well I went to my draft last night and here were my picks (#1 12 man standard league)

Aaron Rodgers
Stevan Jackson
Michael Turner
Larry Fitzgerald
Dez Bryant
Jacob Tamme
Stevie Johnson
Garrett Hartley
Pats Defense

Bench
Josh Freeman
Benjarvus Green-Ellis
Stevan Ridley
Austin Collie
Coby Fleener
Bengals Def.

Already looking at dropping Collie for Greg Little or Torrey Smith. Overall pretty happy with my draft. Before anyone asks we are required to keep an extra Def on our bench so we have a little better waiver selection.

Thoughts?

BigAT

Sex can be consensual you know!

3-1.gif

ZZMitch

So guys, I have never gotten into fantasy football but I told myself I would give it a shot this year. Except I have no idea what to do heh. Does GAF have a league?

Milchjon

Well I went to my draft last night and here were my picks (#1 12 man standard league)

Aaron Rodgers
Stevan Jackson
Michael Turner
Larry Fitzgerald
Dez Bryant
Jacob Tamme
Stevie Johnson
Garrett Hartley
Pats Defense

Bench
Josh Freeman
Benjarvus Green-Ellis
Stevan Ridley
Austin Collie
Coby Fleener
Bengals Def.

Already looking at dropping Collie for Greg Little or Torrey Smith. Overall pretty happy with my draft. Before anyone asks we are required to keep an extra Def on our bench so we have a little better waiver selection.

Thoughts?

Pats D. You're a brave man. And Fitz in the fourth round? Isn't that a little late? Or am I misreading your post.

I also hope we'll have a separate thread for FF talk like last year.

Milchjon said:
So that no one will post in it and post their teams and all of their questions here anyways? Frankly, it's never bothered me personally but even when there was thread for it it seemed like it was a ghost town.

Jags/Saints is on NFL Network.

Gabbert looks much improved. He's standing tall in the pocket and looking downfield. Not as skittish as he was last season. He also got rid of that Nancy hair cut.

One caveat though - Saints defense.

DeconKnowledge said:
One caveat though - Saints defense.
Gabbert had a helluva nice opening drive against the Giants first team defense (though it was pretty run heavy). I'd like to see him go up against defenses in the regular season when teams are trotting out vanilla formations but still, I think there is noticeable improvement for the guy for sure.

DSmalls84 said:
before the final round so there wasn't much left besides the Pats/Bengals
......and the Benglas were taken? I mean if you had to choose between the two that's not even a question.

DSmalls84

Pats D. You're a brave man. And Fitz in the fourth round? Isn't that a little late? Or am I misreading your post.

The post doesn't represent the order of the draft. It's just the order there listed in my Lineup. Fitz was with the pick #24 the last of the second round. Also there was a run on defenses before the final round so there wasn't much left besides the Pats/Bengals.

Shawn Merriman done in Buffalo:

Shawne Merriman is done in Buffalo. The Bills, who already paid Merriman a $1 million roster bonus this year, have informed Merriman that they’re releasing him today, Jay Glazer of FOX Sports first reported and the team later announced. Once among the best defensive players in the NFL, Merriman’s career has taken a swift fall, with injuries plaguing him for years. After recording 39.5 sacks in his first three NFL seasons, Merriman has had a grand total of just five sacks in the last four seasons, and has played in just 23 games since the start of the 2008 season.

EDIT: Missed it by *that* much.

DSmalls84 said:
I took both the Pats and the Bengals because we are required to bench a def team to hold a bench spot
Ah, didn't notice them on your list. Sorry. I'd be starting the Bengals D if I was in your position. But then I generally suck at fantasy football so.;)

DSmalls84

Gabbert had a helluva nice opening drive against the Giants first team defense (though it was pretty run heavy). I'd like to see him go up against defenses in the regular season when teams are trotting out vanilla formations but still, I think there is noticeable improvement for the guy for sure.

......and the Benglas were taken? I mean if you had to choose between the two that's not even a question.

I took both the Pats and the Bengals because we are required to bench a def team to hold a bench spot. I know both aren't great but I was under the impression the Bengals Defensive unit was pretty solid last year and that the Pats revamped their Def with a few first rounders this year.

Milchjon

So that no one will post in it and post their teams and all of their questions here anyways? Frankly, it's never bothered me personally but even when there was thread for it it seemed like it was a ghost town.

I dunno. It always feels like it's one-way communication. One guy posting about his team and no one else cares.

Milchjon said:
I dunno. It always feels like it's one-way communication. One guy posting about his team and no one else cares.
Oh I agree. I think posting your team and those yahoo FF images is something that should go in a dedicated FF thread but it's been fairly common for folks to ask about who they should start in a given week and that kind of thing. I've done it in the past once in a good while and that sorta thing never bothered me much when its been asked in here. Up to the NFL-GAF collective hive mind at the end of the day...;)

eznark

Banned
Every year I do it, every year it dies. I'll just keep responding to FF posts with unrelated and inane details from my own life that are probably as interesting as who you just drafted in a fantasy football league with you hometown friends that none of us know or give a fuck about.

I had eggs for breakfast. In the second round I took bacon. Hash browns were Mr. Irrelevant.

MechDX

Every year I do it, every year it dies. I'll just keep responding to FF posts with unrelated and inane details from my own life that are probably as interesting as who you just drafted in a fantasy football league with you hometown friends that none of us know or give a fuck about.

I had eggs for breakfast. In the second round I took bacon. Hash browns were Mr. Irrelevant.

Eznark is Arian Foster confirmed? jnc

TheFatOne

I took both the Pats and the Bengals because we are required to bench a def team to hold a bench spot. I know both aren't great but I was under the impression the Bengals Defensive unit was pretty solid last year and that the Pats revamped their Def with a few first rounders this year.

Don't believe the haters Patriots defense will be top 10 this year. Super excited to see the young rookies again for the Pats today. It's too bad Tavon Wilson won't be playing today. I wonder if Brady is going to play today since they have to play three games in 10 days or something like that.

Also, great fucking news Pats fans

The Patriots' offensive line will get another boost this week: tackle Sebastian Vollmer has passed his physical and is coming off the physically unable to perform list, reports colleague Greg A. Bedard.

Tight end Daniel Fells has also passed his physical and will come off the PUP list.

Great sign that Vollmer is one step closer to being healthy. He should be a big boost to the oline.

bionic77

Isn't there a thread for retarded fantasy football discussion?

Fantasy makes sense for garbage sports like baseball that are so boring people had to invent a more interesting game to distract people from the fact that they were watching baseball. But football? I don't see how you could make it more interesting without adding jetpacks. Fantasy is totally unnecessary for the greatest sport of all time.

May as well start telling us about how awesome your game of Madden was last night. I will be just as interested in hearing about that.

Sokantish

Fantasy makes sense for garbage sports like baseball that are so boring people had to invent a more interesting game to distract people from the fact that they were watching baseball. But football? I don't see how you could make it more interesting without adding jetpacks. Fantasy is totally unnecessary for the greatest sport of all time.

May as well start telling us about how awesome your game of Madden was last night. I will be just as interested in hearing about that.

Last night I beat Purdue 14 - 13, you should have seen it. I won with only 30 seconds to go. You would have loved it!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I'm okay with the Fantasy discussion as long as people start posting apology videos on youtube and link them in this thread.

Dragon

Banned

Fantasy is just a way to keep in contact with buddies of mine from college and hs that I don't see at all anymore. So yeah it's pretty useless.

KC's Tamba Hali suspended for 1 game:

August 20, 2012:Kansas City's Tamba Hali has been suspended without pay for the team’s first 2012 regular-season game and fined one additional game check for violating the NFL policy on substance abuse.

Hakeem Nicks will return to practice today for the Giants. His reps will be limited though and whether he plays in the preseason will be determined by how practice goes (keep him out, please).

Here is a pic of your back up RB who cant take a hit from a sub 200lb CB

bj3.jpg

Our backup is Kendall hunter. And Jacobs won't be out as long as bitch ass Arian foster was last year after Patrick Willis fucked him up in the preseason! You could see foster was running scared when pat was in the game.

Biggest waste of money since Chris Johnson!

The media got a chance to talk to Prince and folks about the cold tub thing:

@NotoriousOHM: "Prince Amukamara says he did not take the JPP toss into the tub personally. He says it was just like brothers getting rowdy."

@NotoriousOHM: Prince, Antrel Rolle and Steve Weatherford all say it was just horsing around but they understand how it was perceived

@NotoriousOHM: Prince said he is not trying to "brush something under the rug." Said JPP has nothing to apologize for

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Asked JPP if this is his first year dunking people: "Yes, this is my first year dunking (people) ... and this is my last year." #nyg

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

The theme here in the locker room: the cold-tub thing is just part of the culture, but the real sin was that it went public. #nyg

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

Justin Tuck also understands the horrible perception of the tub video, but said its a "dead issue" in the locker room. #NYG

""As far as us in this locker room, it is a dead issue. Lesson learned. Move on.""

Prince says he doesn't consider it hazing which I don't personally buy. Of course it is. There's no question it is. Tuck mentioned the cold tub treatement is pretty common for them along with cutting a rookies tie and shirt on the plane while they are sleeping.

Coughlin addressed the team in todays meeting about it and dropped the social media hammer, apparently. Weatherford in particular likely took the brunt for posting the video to begin with. There's a cold tub waiting for him after practice more than likely.

Top Bottom