• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

DMczaf

Russell Wilson is the white Cam Newton.

tumblr_m91ln5mnHd1rtpjyno1_500.jpg

As long as no one comes in and posts their fantasy teams, I don't really care. That shit is the worst. I love playing fantasy football, but I know no one but me cares about my team.

cdyhybrid

Jake Locker would be the white Cam Newton if could actually throw the football.
If Jake could throw the ball or Cam? Cam is Tebow without the heart and leadership and God.

Yeah, now is a good time for fantasy talk. It's annoying when a fucktarded clown like Puddles comes in and posts every two minutes about his fantasy kicker during games.

Russell Wilson is the white Cam Newton.

Russell Wilson is the short Joe Montana.

eznark

Banned
Russell Wilson is dating a Hoover.

Russell Wilson drafted first in his league and selected Aaron Rodgers. He isn't totally sure how his team looks. GAF, you mind critiquing how he did?

Aaron Rodgers
Stevan Jackson
Michael Turner
Larry Fitzgerald
Dez Bryant
Jacob Tamme
Stevie Johnson
Garrett Hartley
Pats Defense

Bench
Josh Freeman
Benjarvus Green-Ellis
Stevan Ridley
Austin Collie
Coby Fleener
Bengals Def.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Russell Wilson drafted first in his league and selected Aaron Rodgers. He isn't totally sure how his team looks. GAF, you mind critiquing how he did?

Aaron Rodgers
Stevan Jackson
Michael Turner
Larry Fitzgerald
Dez Bryant
Jacob Tamme
Stevie Johnson
Garrett Hartley
Pats Defense

Bench
Josh Freeman
Benjarvus Green-Ellis
Stevan Ridley
Austin Collie
Coby Fleener
Bengals Def.
russellwilson3.jpg

mr2xxx

Banned
I don't care if people talk fantasy football in here. It's when they start actively rooting for dumb shit during games is when it gets ridiculous. In the preseason thread, it's fine. (I would prefer a separate thread, but it never happens.)

Those threads alway die out real quick though. Most people don't care about some one else's fantasy team.

squicken

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
Latest rumor is that NFL will go with one-man officiating crew to spot ball and do everything else from the booth

PLEASE BE TRUE YES YES FLORIO JUST THIS ONE TIME HAVE IT RIGHT

I have been saying for years that all officiating in all sports should be done with video. No reason not to do it. Bless you real but awful refs and fake refs that were even worse!

Milchjon

Never minded the FF discussion during the week but it gets annoying when people cry about their team when others "vulture" TDs and whatnot during games, I do like the funny stories in the aftermath sometimes like snes' all-bucs team win over someone or Rors' just pulling out the win over Miguel, I think, after Peyton took a knee three times to close out a game.

Yeah, those stories are fun. It's comparable to somethig like DCX in the Madden league, the stories are mostly interesting because you know the posters.

It's not like football is no. 1 topic here (unless you count tacos) so who cares? Not enough "you people", "jnc", "small hands", "shit on my chest" , "have a look at my shit" etc. etc. for you? If no one responds to generic FF posts, eventually they don't come up so often. FF is at least somewhat related to football.

I think the difference is that all that OT stuff actually leads to some kind of discussion. Less people will care about some random FF team than about fried chicken or shitty diapers.

woooooooo!!! my unemployment is over I got a new job so pumped and excited to be working again.

Congrats.

Talon

Tamba Hali's suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy and will miss the Chiefs' opener against the Falcons at home.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Latest rumor is that NFL will go with one-man officiating crew to spot ball and do everything else from the booth

I have been saying for years that all officiating in all sports should be done with video. No reason not to do it. Bless you real but awful refs and fake refs that were even worse!

Fuck I hope this is true. Theres no need for real refs if this shit happens.

squicken

Basketball and wraslin' are fixed so it really doesn't really matter where the refs are there, but football and soccer would benefit so much from upstairs officiating. Baseball just needs to use lasers for the strike zone

DSmalls84

I didn't know people would spend so much time talking about FF after my post lol. I figured that people who liked football enough to discuss it in a thread probably also were in fantasy leagues.

squicken

I didn't know people would spend so much time talking about FF after my post lol. I figured that people who liked football enough to discuss it in a thread probably also were in fantasy leagues.

It's probably okay to talk about which players will have good seasons, but the "this is my team how did I do" posts have a long history of making everyone mad. Not your fault. We need to figure out how we want to handle it

Did you destroy the tape of all those picks from last year?

I'm sure Belichick has spares.

Even better than the real refs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Florio just posted the NFL's negotiation trump card. I'm still uncertain as to what the refs and the league are fighting over, so I'm staying out.

MechDX

Think of the game delays. Dont like this at all.

squicken

Florio just posted the NFL's negotiation trump card. I'm still uncertain as to what the refs and the league are fighting over, so I'm staying out.

League is taking away fixed benefit plans. Offer salary increase as compensation. Also want to add backup crews that will sub in for under-performing officials. Refs want more money in exchange for giving up fixed benefit and no backup crews (want the money that would have spent on backup crews to go to them). Also some stuff with the whole full time/part time

this_guy

This is fucked up. All I hear is how good Joe Flacco is looking and I'm actually starting to get......optimistic about him. Everything in me wants to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, but I'm starting to move slightly towards Joe Flacco hype. This can only end badly.

Don't worry, you guys have Jacoby Jones this year. He catches everything within the vicinity. With one hand. True story.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Some administrative stuff.

First, I'm going to make a straggler's FF league and post it here, probably tomorrow. I'll pm some people, everyone else, watch the thread if you want to play.

Secondly, it's not too late to get in on the what to watch for, preseason isn't half over.

What to watch for:
With preseason games upon us, I think some of us should do a quick write up on the teams we follow. Most preseason games quickly turn into a morass of near-NFL talent running around lost and oblivious. While I'm sure many of us here tend to watch these games with an eye towards possible free agents, I think it would be more fun, entertaining and educational if we were to break down some of these games together. So, pick your team and write a few words on what everyone should be watching for, be it players or schema. When the rest of us watch your team, we will pay attention to the areas you cite and post our thoughts. Please try to include numbers with player names so it's easier to follow. I'm going to break the Steelers down position-by-position, but feel free to do whatever floats your boat. I'll link any write ups in the op, so they can be easily seen and read.

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons - Talon-
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers - Grover Cleveland
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - Kave_Man
Dallas Cowboys - Zeke
Denver Broncos - Godslay
Detroit Lions - goldlion054
Green Bay Packers - Buckethead, Elfforkusu
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings - BannedEpisode
New England Patriots - Milchjon
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants - BigAT
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers - chuckddd
San Diego Chargers - Nightz
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid
St. Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans - greepoman
Washington Redskins - mr2xxx

(If you wrote one up, and I missed it, don't be afraid to tell me to link it here)

mr2xxx

Banned
Refs in the booth means holding called on every play. Ugh.

Yeah it ain't gonna be pretty. So many penalties will be called since holding is so damn common then the big time QBs get injured at a high rate. Superbowl 2013: Bears vs. Dolphins/ McCown vs. Garrard: Battle of the best 3rd Stringers

squicken

What the NFL needs to do is to slow down the action even more, so officiating from the booth totally makes sense.

I don't see it slowing things down. The coaches couldn't complain and demand measurements and explanations. No going to that damned hooded thing to review plays every 3 minutes. No more official conferences "to get it right". Heck they can move the locked-out officials upstairs and have them man the video screens so no one loses a job

Run play. Announce and mark off penalty if needed. Place ball. Go

Some administrative stuff.

First, I'm going to make a straggler's FF league and post it here, probably tomorrow. I'll pm some people, everyone else, watch the thread if you want to play.

Secondly, it's not too late to get in on the what to watch for, preseason isn't half over.

If DM doesnt want to do a write up on the Bucs I will be glad to. He may want to do it himself though if he doesn't want my opinion on Freeman to be the one everyone reads. I'd rather wait until after the third preseason game to do the writ up though.

If DM doesnt want to do a write up on the Bucs I will be glad to. He may want to do it himself though if he doesn't want my opinion on Freeman to be the one everyone reads. I'd rather wait until after the third preseason game to do the writ up though.
Just get SNES to do it. He has plenty of free time

bionic77

Would GAFers rather see more posts about people's fantasy teams or see pictures of GAFers dumps?

Personally I think I learn more from looking at a random dump. At least I can tell if you have been eating healthy. Not that I am encouraging anyone to do this!

effzee

Searching for keywords such as "Hate" and "Andy Reid". Usually followed by one another will tip you off that it's effzee.:D

Thank you kindly. I wear that hate hat for Reid proudly.

As long as no one comes in and posts their fantasy teams, I don't really care. That shit is the worst. I love playing fantasy football, but I know no one but me cares about my team.

The most I ever do is ask if so and so is starting or what the rest of the people think is a better matchup.

Confession: I always confuse Levious and effzee for some reason.

Ha and funny enough I always confuse who he roots for. Cowboys or Redskins?

Gunsmithx

Dunno if posted before:

Tannehill will be the Dolphins starter.

and the Future starts earlier then I would have thought. Though this was the best choice with Garred getting hurt. I figured he's be starting sometime during the year but here we go straight out the gate. While I think he'll become a pretty good QB he's gonna have some struggles with the way the rest of the team is playing atm.

Top Bottom