• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

The media got a chance to talk to Prince and folks about the cold tub thing:

Prince says he doesn't consider it hazing which I don't personally buy. Of course it is. There's no question it is. Tuck mentioned the cold tub treatement is pretty common for them along with cutting a rookies tie and shirt on the plane while they are sleeping.

Coughlin addressed the team in todays meeting about it and dropped the social media hammer, apparently. Weatherford in particular likely took the brunt for posting the video to begin with. There's a cold tub waiting for him after practice more than likely.
Missing a quote or two.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000051996/

Nigerian Prince said:
"Yeah, um, well, I mean, I just don't get it. I don't understand the rules," he told The Star-Ledger . "I mean, I'm not a rookie anymore, so I don't know why I'm getting thrown in the tub. I know it's all love."

TheLegendary said:
He's not a rookie

TheLegendary said:
Missing a quote or two.
Not really. Deacon posted that quote two-three pages ago:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41192539&postcount=10985

Speaking of which though....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...paul-prince-amukamara-tom-coughlin/index.html

According to the Star-Ledger report, players have been trying to get Amukamara to "develop an edge."

Amukamara is now the starting cornerback opposite Corey Webster with Terrell Thomas rehabbing an injured right knee.

Amukamara said that the veterans have told him that he has three more regular-season games to complete before he's considered "one of them."

Narag

So that no one will post in it and post their teams and all of their questions here anyways? Frankly, it's never bothered me personally but even when there was thread for it it seemed like it was a ghost town.

Never minded the FF discussion during the week but it gets annoying when people cry about their team when others "vulture" TDs and whatnot during games, I do like the funny stories in the aftermath sometimes like snes' all-bucs team win over someone or Rors' just pulling out the win over Miguel, I think, after Peyton took a knee three times to close out a game.

TheLegendary said:
I've decided that Cobb needs to complete 7 and a half more quarters, catch another 10 receptions and a punt return TD before he sheds his rookie status. Let the hazing continue until he stops fumbling!
This is the silly shit football players come up with to excuse lobbing each other in tubs, shaving penises into their heads, cutting their ties while they sleep and tying folks to goal posts to throw condiments on them.

Did you expect it to have logic?:jnc

TheLegendary said:
Let the hazing continue
until he stops fumbling!
Just post the video!

Every year I do it, every year it dies. I'll just keep responding to FF posts with unrelated and inane details from my own life that are probably as interesting as who you just drafted in a fantasy football league with you hometown friends that none of us know or give a fuck about.

I had eggs for breakfast. In the second round I took bacon. Hash browns were Mr. Irrelevant.

angry-cat.gif

Wrayfield

It's not like football is no. 1 topic here (unless you count tacos) so who cares? Not enough "you people", "jnc", "small hands", "shit on my chest" , "have a look at my shit" etc. etc. for you? If no one responds to generic FF posts, eventually they don't come up so often. FF is at least somewhat related to football.

Slo

It's not like football is no. 1 topic here (unless you count tacos) so who cares? Not enough "you people", "jnc", "small hands", "shit on my chest" , "have a look at my shit" etc. etc. for you? If no one responds to generic FF posts, eventually they don't come up so often. FF is at least somewhat related to football.

QBAllen.gif

JAllen.gif

XL_SAXF.png

Every year I do it, every year it dies. I'll just keep responding to FF posts with unrelated and inane details from my own life that are probably as interesting as who you just drafted in a fantasy football league with you hometown friends that none of us know or give a fuck about.

I had eggs for breakfast. In the second round I took bacon. Hash browns were Mr. Irrelevant.
ArnoldShutup.gif

This is fucked up. All I hear is how good Joe Flacco is looking and I'm actually starting to get......optimistic about him. Everything in me wants to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, but I'm starting to move slightly towards Joe Flacco hype. This can only end badly.

cdyhybrid

This is fucked up. All I hear is how good Joe Flacco is looking and I'm actually starting to get......optimistic about him. Everything in me wants to prepare for the worst and hope for the best, but I'm starting to move slightly towards Joe Flacco hype. This can only end badly.

Don't worry, your QB situation will soon be solved. TJack will be cut or traded this week, it seems.

789shadow

Banned
Resist, you know the truth about Flaccid.

UberTag

Isn't there a thread for retarded fantasy football discussion?

Fantasy makes sense for garbage sports like baseball that are so boring people had to invent a more interesting game to distract people from the fact that they were watching baseball. But football? I don't see how you could make it more interesting without adding jetpacks. Fantasy is totally unnecessary for the greatest sport of all time.
There actually ISN'T an OT thread for fantasy football discussion as of right now.

There have been OTs the past two seasons and there are two fantasy football threads related to specific GAF leagues running as of right now but one for general fantasy football discussion and questions has NOT been created.

The Frankman expressed interest in starting up the official OT last week (as per this post) but is presently seeking/prepping graphics for the opening post and has yet to create a Community forum thread for it.

I would love having one myself to discuss fantasy developments as I'm not inclined to do that in an official GAF league thread.

effzee

You can't talk FF in the NFL thread? Wtf? You don't like it then ignore it. Not every post is made for each and every poster. Bunch of crybabies. At least it's more relevant than Browns talk. At least it's related to football.

Oh that's right week 1 trash talk starts early!

cdyhybrid

You can't talk FF in the NFL thread? Wtf? You don't like it then ignore it. Not every post is made for each and every poster. Bunch of crybabies. At least it's more relevant than Browns talk. At least it's related to football.

Trash talk never ends.

eznark

Banned

If a random such as yourself is going to drive by trash talk you could at least state your team first.

fuck the eagles!

BigAT

People that talk about their fantasy football team are like people at the poker table that insist on sharing their bad beat stories with everyone. No matter how interesting you might think it is, rest assured that no one gives a shit about it besides you.

squicken

The guy hasn't even taken a regular season snap. Utterly ridiculous. Theres only one Cam Newton.

Texans will win that division by 4 games.

Luck is the most pro-ready QB ever. CAR and Chud did a lot of great work to get the most out of Cam. But 700+ yards rushing isn't sustainable. Like both guys, and the only thing that will stop them is injuries.

IF Schaub and AJ stay healthy, which they won't, then they'll win the division.

I really disagree with this. Yates is more mobile and has a much stronger arm then Schaub. Last year they made the 2nd round with Yates who was totally raw. I think they could be fine if Yates had to take over and it might actually be a blessing.

Yates is an okay backup, but he was a complete liability last year. The probably should have played Delhomme in those playoff games

Squicken, would you vote Luck into the hall of fame yet or do you wait to see him in an actual game first?

I'm pretty sure he'll end up there if he stays healthy.

MechDX

Luck is the most pro-ready QB ever. CAR and Chud did a lot of great work to get the most out of Cam. But 700+ yards rushing isn't sustainable. Like both guys, and the only thing that will stop them is injuries.

IF Schaub and AJ stay healthy, which they won't, then they'll win the division.

Yates is an okay backup, but he was a complete liability last year. The probably should have played Delhomme in those playoff games

I'm pretty sure he'll end up there if he stays healthy.

Have you ever been right about anything?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't care if people talk fantasy football in here. It's when they start actively rooting for dumb shit during games is when it gets ridiculous. In the preseason thread, it's fine. (I would prefer a separate thread, but it never happens.)

eznark

Banned
Yeah, now is a good time for fantasy talk. It's annoying when a fucktarded clown like Puddles comes in and posts every two minutes about his fantasy kicker during games.

Jake Locker would be the white Cam Newton if could actually throw the football.

Russell Wilson is the white Cam Newton.

Top Bottom