• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

squicken

How often does a left tackle go from total shit to serviceable over the course of a single season?

Young players can get better as the season goes along. Coaching changes can help too. Sometimes bad coaches ask players to do things they can't do. If the middle of your line is good you can help your tackles more. If the RT is solid you can slide protection to the left

But I see no way Adams is of any value this year.

Sigh. Our OL sucked to begin with but now no LT? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU As much as all Cards fans hate Brown, we don't have jack shit for backup. We get to choose between a guy that was on the practice squad all last year and hasn't played a single snap, a rookie, or swap another OL player to the position who doesn't have experience on the left side. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU I'm trying to tell myself it doesn't matter because there was virtually no protection anyway. The one thing Brown can do though is run block and the dynamic duo of Beanie and Williams are important with QB instability. ugh.

bionic77

Young players can get better as the season goes along. Coaching changes can help too. Sometimes bad coaches ask players to do things they can't do. If the middle of your line is good you can help your tackles more. If the RT is solid you can slide protection to the left

But I see no way Adams is of any value this year.
I disagree with you. Adams is going to get some pass rushers paid this year from the stat inflation that follows his bad play.

I do wonder though about how much he can improve. He sees the rusher right in front of him and he keeps whiffing on them. I mean if you can't get a hand on the guy what can a coach and a bucket full of steroids do to fix that? To me it seems like that is something that you should be able to handle right from the start. It is things like blitzes and and the different looks from an NFL defense that is going to cause problems for a rookie.

jbug617

Banned
Tom Brady is not playing tonight.

Hoyer is going to start.

edit:

Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd, Mayo, and Welker will also not play tonight.

Milchjon

Still 2,5h to go, right? Meh, I'll have to miss it. Would've liked to see what the other QBs can do. Will Mankins play?

Edit: Oh, with all those out, maybe I won't miss all that much.

TheFatOne

Hoyer is going to start.

edit:

No point in watching this game now. Nothing to take from this game. Such a shame since I will miss the next game. Was really looking forward to watching the starters today to.

squicken

I disagree with you. Adams is going to get some pass rushers paid this year from the stat inflation that follows his bad play.

I do wonder though about how much he can improve. He sees the rusher right in front of him and he keeps whiffing on them. I mean if you can't get a hand on the guy what can a coach and a bucket full of steroids do to fix that? To me it seems like that is something that you should be able to handle right from the start. It is things like blitzes and and the different looks from an NFL defense that is going to cause problems for a rookie.

Jason Smith has been the same way. There are just fundamental things that an offensive linemen should do that he can't seem to grasp

But of all the positions, OL is the hardest for me to really grasp. I can read about it, but the fundamentals and all that for the position are just lost on me. Really, the Giants have won two SBs with a bad OL that just took advantage of officials not calling holds. Best strategy might just be having an OL that's just good enough to get to playoffs, then clutch and grab

Hoyer is going to start.

edit:

welp probably just lost a lot of viewers

TheFatOne

Listening to the radio and a Patriots reporter made perfect sense. Makes no sense to play the starters now if you are going to be practicing with Tampa Bay this week, and you have 3 games in 10 days. Well at least I can still see how Jones, and Hightower do.

squicken

The '07 group was far from bad. They were one of the best in the league. Downright dominant in '08 in fact.

2011 offensive line? Yeah, bad.

haha I think really it's just Bill Simmons whining about the Tyree catch that has clouded my memory of that team

Smart Football Smart Football ‏@smartfootball
Throw in Luck as another who played HS in Texas RT @slmandel Three QBs from Big 12 (RG3, Weeden, Tannehill) will be opening day NFL starters

Smart Football ‏@smartfootball
Don't think that's a coincidence either. Texas high school football is more advanced than elsewhere in terms of young QBs throwing 7o7s, etc

Smart Football ‏@smartfootball
RT @DanWeiner 1/4th of NFL starting QBs are from Texas. (RG3,Luck,Weeden,Tannehill,Ponder,Brees,Stafford,Dalton)

If the state can produce all these QBs and WRs then why are all the CBs so terrible? Is all the talent moved to offense?

Wrayfield

russellwilson3.jpg

Wtf is wrong with her mouth?! She's like a boa constrictor dislocating her jaw to swallow her prey a penis.

Talon

The Falcons jerseys are worse than 101st. At least in the 130s.

Packers, Giants, Steelers, Chiefs, Bears and 49ers (the flats, no bevel nonsense) are the best uniforms in football without a doubt. If I had to rank it:

1. Packers
2a. 49ers
2b. Bears
4. Steelers
5. Chiefs
6. Giants

Wes

venison crêpe
Some of us make it incredibly easy on you

And others have Cleveland in their name but actually follow some other team from the middle of nowhere.

I can't trust anyone. At least FMT is so pure in his deluded devotion of who he supports that I can recall his team.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The Falcons jerseys are worse than 101st. At least in the 130s.

Packers, Giants, Steelers, Chiefs, Bears and 49ers (the flats, no bevel nonsense) are the best uniforms in football without a doubt. If I had to rank it:

1. Packers
2a. 49ers
2b. Bears
4. Steelers
5. Chiefs
6. Giants

Buffalo's is better than the Giants, using the same color scheme. Hate then, but you can't deny that black and silver is a pretty sweet color combo. You got good taste otherwise!

RBH

“If you slow down and analyze anything, it’s going to look worse in my opinion. It was not intentional. If it was intentional, it could have been a lot worse,” Suh says. “If I wanted to go out there to hurt somebody, I could hurt somebody. I don’t want any part of that. . . . I mean, if I wanted to hurt you, I’d go for your quarterback. Because me stopping your play is going to frustrate you more than me physically hurting you. Because I’m just that much better than you. That’s how I look at it. It’s like killing somebody with kindness.”
http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/201209/ndamukong-suh-gq-september-2012#ixzz247dfPXCw

Talon

Buffalo's is better than the Giants, using the same color scheme. Hate then, but you can't deny that black and silver is a pretty sweet color combo. You got good taste otherwise!
Ooo...yes. I love the current/throwback Buffalo unis with the white helmets and the stripes.

Mrbob

So when does Russell Wilson become proclaimed as the official starter for the Seahawks? I'm sure Flynn will start the season, but I don't think he is going to hang onto the job long. Wilson already is probably the best QB in the NFC West. I think the dude is going to have a monster career. Which is good because this will help get other elite QBs to come to Wisconsin!

Milchjon

Yes, but he's at least in there. Just having fun, slangin and giving his o-line beard growing tips. Brady can't even grow a beard...which is why he bought one instead.

Of course he can, there's nothing Brady can't do (except for dancing and breaking Eli's virgin spell). But unlike some Harvard nerd he realizes that most chicks prefer a clean shave.

5fb2c369-a411-4f7d-a776-28f5fdb13496.jpg

Top Bottom