• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

So when does Russell Wilson become proclaimed as the official starter for the Seahawks? I'm sure Flynn will start the season, but I don't think he is going to hang onto the job long. Wilson already is probably the best QB in the NFC West. I think the dude is going to have a monster career. Which is good because this will help get other elite QBs to come to Wisconsin!

God that would be incredible if sorry ass russel Wilson was named starter after he looked decent against guys who won't be in the league in a few weeks

JABEE

So none of the Patriots 1st team on either side of the ball are playing tonight. Why do we need 4 preseason games? Greedy owners?

JABEE

The Pats play 3 games in 11 days so they wanted to rest the guys i guess
I understand that, but the NFL structured the schedule this way knowing the teams only needs two preseason games to get ready for the regular season. The fans are stuck paying full price for two games that are well below the quality of the NFL. It's a money grab.

squicken

Sigh. Our OL sucked to begin with but now no LT? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU As much as all Cards fans hate Brown, we don't have jack shit for backup. We get to choose between a guy that was on the practice squad all last year and hasn't played a single snap, a rookie, or swap another OL player to the position who doesn't have experience on the left side. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU I'm trying to tell myself it doesn't matter because there was virtually no protection anyway. The one thing Brown can do though is run block and the dynamic duo of Beanie and Williams are important with QB instability. ugh.

Bottom out. New coach. New QB. Maybe new GM. Sucks to go through it but it's for the best. I always wonder though if Fitz might ask out at some point

Mrbob

God that would be incredible if sorry ass russel Wilson was named starter after he looked decent against guys who won't be in the league in a few weeks

It must suck knowing the Niners invested a good chunk of money into trash at starting QB.

Feels good knowing the Bears are set with a quality QB for years.

Godslay

Banned
off the top of my head

bionic: Ravens
Baltimore Larry: 49ers
YankeeHater: Kolb

Fixed...

I don't know if you watched the Denver/Seattle game but Russel Wilson looked pretty damn good. Great pocket presence, elusive, and made every throw. If Seattle didn't pay Flynn like they did, he would be starting imo. He is ready as far as I'm concerned.

Seattle also has a damn good running game, Lynch looked good, Turbin looks good. I think they are going to be a better team then you give them credit for. I'm not just saying this because they beat Denver in the preseason.

Rorschach

Yeah, he doesn't say "this starter right here"; he says "this guy right here..." He could plug that into anyone! He could be talking about the damn groundskeeper. It's genius. THIS GUY RIGHT HERE LOVES mowing FOOTBALL fields.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Freeman better not get any ideas and try to give the Pats Taco Bell

He's bringing the bus!

nE9kq.jpg

Just because guys aren't starters doesn't mean they aren't FOOT. BALL. PLAYERS.

Yeah, he doesn't say "this starter right here"; he says "this guy right here..." He could plug that into anyone! He could be talking about the damn groundskeeper. It's genius. THIS GUY RIGHT HERE LOVES mowing FOOTBALL fields.

This guy right here LOVES eating chalupas!

football players
creepgruden.gif

Bottom out. New coach. New QB. Maybe new GM. Sucks to go through it but it's for the best. I always wonder though if Fitz might ask out at some point

Most Cards fans haven wanted to get rid of Graves (GM) which I had agreed with until these last few years. FO has done a great job keeping our best players here and I've also been pretty pleased with the past few drafts. The main problem I have with Whiz is that he won't cut loose Russ Grimm who clearly can not grow an OL. It probably doesn't help that we haven't drafted an OL player early since Brown, though. I have hope and faith that Massie will grow into a quality RT for us in time but we really need a LT. Brown started looking better at the end of last season and if he can truly turn the corner for good, maybe he's fine but we clearly need depth in the area as we now find ourselves in this situation. QB situation is rough but I still think Skelton can be solid in time. I don't mind riding him out a season and letting him develop. Worst that happens is we get an early pick for a QB but I think our defense will be too good to allow us to pick that early.

bionic77

NFL GAF you disappointed me today. What if my kids could read and saw these disgusting posts accusing me of the worst crimes known to humanity (being a Pats/Raven fan)?

Next time before you type out disgusting lies remember that the person you are about to defame has kids who look up to him. You don't see me posting that ez drives a Kubuta because damn it I have morals, something that seems to be in short supply around here.

NFL GAF you disappointed me today. What if my kids could read and saw these disgusting posts accusing me of the worst crimes known to humanity (being a Pats/Raven fan)?

Next time before you type out disgusting lies remember that the person you are about to defame has kids who look up to him. You don't see me posting that ez drives a Kubuta because damn it I have morals, something that seems to be in short supply around here.

So much self hate.Just come out already,you'll feel so free.

Most Cards fans haven wanted to get rid of Graves (GM) which I had agreed with until these last few years. FO has done a great job keeping our best players here and I've also been pretty pleased with the past few drafts. The main problem I have with Whiz is that he won't cut loose Russ Grimm who clearly can not grow an OL. It probably doesn't help that we haven't drafted an OL player early since Brown, though. I have hope and faith that Massie will grow into a quality RT for us in time but we really need a LT. Brown started looking better at the end of last season and if he can truly turn the corner for good, maybe he's fine but we clearly need depth in the area as we now find ourselves in this situation. QB situation is rough but I still think Skelton can be solid in time. I don't mind riding him out a season and letting him develop. Worst that happens is we get an early pick for a QB but I think our defense will be too good to allow us to pick that early.

Mmm sounds like reality has finally sunk in for you. This is the niners division and the rest of the trash in the NFC west can battle it out for a 5-11 second place!

Rors your pm box is full. Is the auction league is happening and if so when is the draft?

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
three years is a long time?

Longer than half a dozen other teams, and as long as two more. Quarter of the league has as much recent history of blackouts as the Jaguars, mostly without such oversized stadiums. And still it's the Jaguars that the uneducated take a crack at every time.

Mmm sounds like reality has finally sunk in for you. This is the niners division and the rest of the trash in the NFC west can battle it out for a 5-11 second place!

Nah, fortunately for us, Niners O blows as well so we're still in it ;) I'd be interested to see how it goes if Skelton is handed the reigns, it won't be that bad with the defense we have and the ST is really coming along. Bethel (6th round pick) is a complete ST stud, two blocked field goals (one was extra point) and a blocked punt that he returned for a TD already this pre-season. The kid blocked a lot of FG's in college. He has amazing speed and leaping ability. If we have to build the team up from D and ST like the detestable Niners, so be it. At least we have real offensive weapons unlike SF. We just don't have your OL :(

“Gerald McCoy showing his get off right here. Just a quick penetration.”
“The Bears have more 3rd-and-8s, 3rd-and-10s than any other team in the league, I think.”
He’s just making up stats now, you think?
“He is built like a fire hydrant.”
On Kyle Vanden Bosch: “He eats glass for breakfast.”
“The Jets have to walk the talk.”
“I’ve learned a lot of four and five syllable words from Jaworski. I don’t even know if they’re real words.”
“Watch him squirt through this hole and unload at contact.”
Yikes.
“I don’t understand football anymore.”
-Gruden MNF

Nah, fortunately for us, Niners O blows as well so we're still in it ;) I'd be interested to see how it goes if Skelton is handed the reigns, it won't be that bad with the defense we have and the ST is really coming along. Bethel (6th round pick) is a complete ST stud, two blocked field goals (one was extra point) and a blocked punt that he returned for a TD already this pre-season. The kid blocked a lot of FG's in college. He has amazing speed and leaping ability. If we have to build the team up from D and ST like the detestable Niners, so be it. At least we have real offensive weapons unlike SF. We just don't have your OL :(

Lol you don't have our oline, our rbs, our te, our qb or our receivers. You have the best receiver in the league and nothing after that!

But we will see indeed

squicken

Lol you don't have our oline, our rbs, our te, our qb or our receivers. You have the best receiver in the league and nothing after that!

But we will see indeed

You'll be happy to know the Texans were saying that was the most physical preseason game any of them have played. Little concern locally about them getting driven off the ball by your run game, but that's being chalked up to Watt being out

TheFatOne

I read on a main pats forum that ESPN is reporting Mallet is starting. Can anyone confirm this? If he is starting Gruden is going to go crazy. Can't wait

But we will see indeed

Our RB's will be plenty good and I think Housler will have a nice jump in growth this year, he'll be a good TE. Your QB is laughable trash and you don't have WR's at this point. You HOPE that a man coming out of retirement can produce, how comically desperate. Are you really trying to compare WR's? Fitz and Floyd destroy your whole group, thanks for the laughs.

Top Bottom