• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

I like Carey Williams decision to decline a three year extension from Baltimore. He was pretty OK at CB last year, and I like his size. He declined the extension because he thinks he'll be worth more this year. Ballsy, because he's been getting crushed this preseason, and looked pretty below average during the end of last season.

eznark

Banned
It begins

Nothing is beginning. I assume they just want to watch Wilson with the first team, against a real defense, before officially cutting TJax.

It's also a great showcase if they decide they want to trade him.

That said, if Wilson isn't the opening day starter Carroll is clearly a racist.

cajunator

Banned
Football started for cajun in 2009

I got into it in 2004.
Before that I was more into college football, but mostly I wasnt into football at all.
I am the sort of person that just becomes interested in things randomly. Thats how I got into ham radio and fishing.
Why do you guys think it started for me in 2009? Are you confusing me with dirtbag?
Im offended.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Theres no point in playing Flynn, the Seahawks already know they have a hall of fame QB who can shred up every single defense in the history of the NFL.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I got into it in 2004.
Before that I was more into college football, but mostly I wasnt into football at all.
I am the sort of person that just becomes interested in things randomly. Thats how I got into ham radio and fishing.
Why do you guys think it started for me in 2009? Are you confusing me with dirtbag?
Im offended.

Firstly, fishing is not random, it's a vital life skill.

And think of it as eznark picking you up and dumping you into the ice tub head first.

eznark said:
Nothing is beginning.
We'll see. I don't disagree that they want to see him against a first team defense and evaluate considering they know what they have in Flynn but if he acquaints himself well, I think Pete is crazy enough to start him based on the fact that he loves the kid.

cajunator

Banned
Firstly, fishing is not random, it's a vital life skill.

And think of it as eznark picking you up and dumping you into the ice tub head first.

I'm not actually offended, but I certainly didnt just get into the Saints after they won. I've watched football games very casually since I was a kid, but for me it was pretty much a nonfactor to me because I never really bothered to understand the sport. I used to just watch it with relatives and I was more entertained by their reactions than the game itself. They get so into it and they still do. But it was just a matter of time before I would get really interested in the sport.
At one point I just got really into the x's and o's of it and researched the strategies and planning behind it and got hooked. I was lucky to already have a Louisiana team to root for, so I latched on, and have been following them much more intently since I understood the game.
For me its not so much latching on to a winning team, but the pride of my state. the Saints represent Louisiana and I'm proud to have a pro-team to root for. I wouldnt trade that super bowl win for anything, but I do wish I had gotten into football sooner because I could have appreciated that win a lot more after 20-odd years of futility than merely 5-6. I'm sure it meant a lot more to fans who have been with football for a decade or more. I saw people literally crying and breaking down. It may just be an NFL team, but the Saints mean a fucking lot to this state. Much more than LSU and its loudmouth fanbase. Granted Im an LSU tigers/ULL Ragin Cajuns fan too but not as much as on the professional level.
At this point though, I'm hooked. If they go to shit this year, I don't really give a damn, because I'm already bleeding black and gold. Its too late for me.

Milchjon

I'm not actually offended, but I certainly didnt just get into the Saints after they won. I've watched football games very casually since I was a kid, but for me it was pretty much a nonfactor to me because I never really bothered to understand the sport. I used to just watch it with relatives and I was more entertained by their reactions than the game itself. They get so into it and they still do. But it was just a matter of time before I would get really interested in the sport.
At one point I just got really into the x's and o's of it and researched the strategies and planning behind it and got hooked. I was lucky to already have a Louisiana team to root for, so I latched on, and have been following them much more intently since I understood the game.
For me its not so much latching on to a winning team, but the pride of my state. the Saints represent Louisiana and I'm proud to have a pro-team to root for. I wouldnt trade that super bowl win for anything, but I do wish I had gotten into football sooner because I could have appreciated that win a lot more after 20-odd years of futility than merely 5-6. I'm sure it meant a lot more to fans who have been with football for a decade or more. I saw people literally crying and breaking down. It may just be an NFL team, but the Saints mean a fucking lot to this state. Much more than LSU and its loudmouth fanbase. Granted Im an LSU tigers/ULL Ragin Cajuns fan too but not as much as on the professional level.
At this point though, I'm hooked. If they go to shit this year, I don't really give a damn, because I'm already bleeding black and gold. Its too late for me.

How do you feel about wet hair?

cajunator

Banned
How do you feel about wet hair?

FOR NO FUCKING REASON!

I think that was more about that guy representing the determination and willpower of the team in a tough, close game where things weren't going our way, but it was silly how much that guy got paraded around because of how he appeared and as if he was special. He was just another drunk Saints fan who didnt give a shit about the outcome as long as the beer was flowing. But he was a jolly old guy I'll give him that.
Louisiana generally has a persecution complex. This state as I said has a LOT of pride in itself but they feel that the world tries to shit on us. I can see where they're coming from too.
This state gets put on the wrong end of a lot of jokes and it really is a weird, corrupted state, but after 30 years of being here, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love Louisiana to death.
Maybe its the amoebas in my brain or too much gator meat but I don't ever want to leave.

UberTag

Theres no point in playing Flynn, the Seahawks already know they have a hall of fame QB who can shred up every single defense in the history of the NFL.
Matt Flynn has been one of the best backup QBs in the league for the past several seasons. No reason for the Seachickens to move Flynn away from the role he fits best. If I needed to have someone warming a bench and carrying a clipboard for me, I'd want Flynn.

You should ask Phillies fans how they feel about batteries and JD Drew.

I keep forgetting that no one in the New England area has ever done anything bad at a sporting event ever. What does JD Drew have to do with us talking about what would happen if the Eagles won a SB? Your hate for Philly is both sad and pathetic.

ChanHuk

Banned
I figured out on how to be an even more productive ambulance operator/EMT. Small LCD TV, PS3, and wifi. Netflix and gaming in an ambulance. That's almost as good as sex.

I'd like to visit Philly, but I have heard from people who lived there that it is definitely a pessimistic city. Why is it like that?

I dont know what you mean by a pessimistic city. I think it is a great city, tons of stuff to see and do. My mother in law visited last week and we did all the tourist stuff like the Liberty Bell and the Constitution Center and it was really interesting seeing that stuff. If you like baseball at all CBP is one of the best stadiums in all of baseball and even when the team is down it is full and the crowd is always into games. As someone that has traveled a lot and lived in a lot of different cities Philadelphia is definitely my favorite.

Sweeeeet!

Hope they are right. Been hearing the same shit for the last 2 weeks. Now we just need a left tackle and we will be unstoppable.

I am really curious to see where the Steelers D is this year. Their starters killed the Eagles offensive starters, but Luck had no trouble at all moving the ball against them. The offense looks like it will be great though, Haley was the best move any team made in the off season.

brentech

lol, one post while under meds at the dentist office earned me a big score.....but still not trolling it.

It's just too stupid to have just destroyed their evidence for the sake of destroying it. I get that the burden of proof is on the league, but that's the thing, it was so bad he didn't want the league to take as massive of a hit so he destroys the tapes and gives them a slap on the wrist.

The truth shall let them win a Super Bowl. Until then....you can sure get mighty close!!

bionic77

I am really curious to see where the Steelers D is this year. Their starters killed the Eagles offensive starters, but Luck had no trouble at all moving the ball against them. The offense looks like it will be great though, Haley was the best move any team made in the off season.
The defense will depend on the health of Harrison and Woodley. When they are healthy and playing together it obviously lifts the entire pass defense. Very tough to protect against both of those guys rushing the qb at the same time. Harrison is recovering from a knee scope, but he is getting up their in age so no one knows if or when he will able to return to his form of old.

There is really no plan b. Woodley by himself can be neutralized by double teams and our secondary is not going to be able to shut down a really good offense.

Hope you are right about Haley. But honestly anything has to be an improvement over Arians. Ben carried that worthless piece of shit with his ability to create something out of nothing.

Speaking of Philly. It is a good city to live in if you have money (like most cities). Not sure about visiting Philly unless you are into history. The one thing about Philly that is awesome is the food. A lot of really great restaurants. Not quite NY (what is though), but it is a lot cheaper as well.

Boston is a cleaner and smaller version of NYC. Much more my speed. Although I've only gone to Boston 3 or 4 times and I'm in NYC every day so who knows how I'd feel. Only thing is the public transportation is an absolute godawful mess. Those stupid T trains are ridiculous. I'm sure I'd want to blow my brains out if I had to deal with that every day.

Philly is just.... :/ . Sorry yankeehater. Not a fan.

NYC
Boston
Chicago
Philly.

I can't really judge west coast major cities.

bionic77

Boston is a cleaner and smaller version of NYC. Much more my speed. Although I've only gone to Boston 3 or 4 times and I'm in NYC every day so who knows how I'd feel. Only thing is the public transportation is an absolute godawful mess. Those stupid T trains are ridiculous. I'm sure I'd want to blow my brains out if I had to deal with that every day.

Philly is just.... :/ . Sorry yankeehater. Not a fan
Nothing compares to NY dude. Everything seems like shit when you compare them to NY.

My favorite city is San Fran. At least it is my favorite to visit on vacation. Favorite vacation is still Hawaii as far as the US is concerned, but damn that flight sucks from the east coast.

Top Bottom