• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

The lack of caveats for cases of rape or incest is what's absurd. My girlfriend is very religious (Catholic). She's very hardline against abortion and believes strongly in the sanctity of life from conception - including invitro fertilization (the remaining embryos are either tossed/have stem cells extracted), but even she thinks this is complete nosense.

This is exactly my problem with their platform. I dont see how anyone can say ban it in all cases. There has to be exceptions, even if you dont think rape or incest are bad enough, cases where the mom has a real chance to die should be. As to the more important question I prefer Pats to Geno's but I like Steves the best.

Dragon

Banned
This is exactly my problem with their platform. I dont see how anyone can say ban it in all cases. There has to be exceptions, even if you dont think rape or incest are bad enough, cases where the mom has a real chance to die should be. As to the more important question I prefer Pats to Geno's but I like Steves the best.

Absolutes are rarely good in anything, which is one of my main problems with organized religion.

Geno's is better than Pat's. Pat's sucks.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Pro-life until birth.

LJ11

Like I said, small town boy without a map. I just kept walking in one direction on 8th Avenue, Bryant Park would have been down the street I think.
]

When my cousin came over from Europe for a couple of weeks he was obsessed with maps. Dude would pull one out at random moments, I knew where I was going but he wanted to confirm, lol. Shit was funny, I wish he would've laid it down and stepped on it.

cajunator

Banned
It should feature New Orleans in that case.

NOLA is an interesting city. I certainly wouldn't live there but I love visiting it.
Its too dangerous though. I wish they'd put some effort into stopping all the murders and theft. Its a shame to let such a beautiful city go to shit.
I am pretty pleased with what they are doing by the Superdome though. Very impressive setup.

NOLA is an interesting city. I certainly wouldn't live there but I love visiting it.
Its too dangerous though. I wish they'd put some effort into stopping all the murders and theft. Its a shame to let such a beautiful city go to shit.
I am pretty pleased with what they are doing by the Superdome though. Very impressive setup.

Look pretty nice around the superdome. Wish I had more time to visit NOLA when I was there. Spent most of the time in Baton Rouge. That waterpark on the side of the freeway near the Mall of Lou looked pretty cool.

minx

Fantasy football question! Ahhh!
12 team 2 QB league. Traded my #9,123,and 153 for picks 21, 45, and 76. I think I won?

cajunator

Banned
Look pretty nice around the superdome. Wish I had more time to visit NOLA when I was there. Spent most of the time in Baton Rouge. That waterpark on the side of the freeway near the Mall of Lou looked pretty cool.

Baton rouge is an overcrowded shithole now. Its unfortunate.

cajunator

Banned
Selectively quoting is about as fun as being Tim Tebow in a strip club.

I think he and snes are so defensive about the Wii U that they don't realize what an awesome game ACII was.

Im not defensive about the WiiU. Im definitely going to get one and I love nintendo personally, but Im not going to defend their stupid mistakes. I just put up with them.
Assassins creed isnt my type of game. I prefer shmups and platformers.

squicken

I haven't seen a single Twitter person in favor of Flynn starting. Are Seashawks fans easily swayed by play against 2nd and 3rd teams, or is Wilson that much better?

cdyhybrid

I haven't seen a single Twitter person in favor of Flynn starting. Are Seashawks fans easily swayed by play against 2nd and 3rd teams, or is Wilson that much better?
Most people just want to see what he can do with the 1s. Lots rooting for him as an underdog but most just want Pete to give him a shot. I think most still assume Flynn will start.

squicken

Most people just want to see what he can do with the 1s. Lots rooting for him as an underdog but most just want Pete to give him a shot. I think most still assume Flynn will start.

Tough spot for Cheatin' Pete. If Wilson wins it then he spent $8m on backup QB when they really needed to fix WRs. Also means he mis-evaluated FA who was easily supplanted by a 3rd Rd pick.

Milchjon

BB trained Cunningham well:

How did it feel?

Cunningham: "It’s always good to be out there playing football."

How about the hit on Vick?

Cunningham: "That’s football, hits like that happen all the time."

Were you surprised he was hurt?

Cunningham: "That’s football."

Have you felt comfortable in camp?

Cunningham: "It feels good to be out there playing football."

How is it playing different end positions?

Cunningham: "Just going out there playing football, whichever side you’re on, wherever you’re lined up at."

How much was the hit on Vick instinctive, and how much was it reading the play?

Cunningham: "Yeah, that’s just football, going out there and getting the person with the ball ... running back, quarterback, receiver, whoever it is."

Could you tell Vick was going to be in trouble?

Cunningham: "I mean, it’s just football, man."

Do you like going up against an athletic player like Vick?

Cunningham: "That’s the game of football, man."

Is that your answer for the night?

Cunningham: "It is."

bionic77

Im not defensive about the WiiU. Im definitely going to get one and I love nintendo personally, but Im not going to defend their stupid mistakes. I just put up with them.
Assassins creed isnt my type of game. I prefer shmups and platformers.
3DS looks better right now but next year if they get Japanese support maybe the U will be worth it. If you have the time and money though while the games are worst at launch that is also the most exciting time to own a console. I think that is one reason some people loved the DC so much. It pretty much died on launch.

Philly and Boston do have less bed bugs though, so in that competition they win. I'm deathly afraid of getting them here in the city.

My experience of Philly was cool. Enjoyed visiting the museums, The stadiums looked awesome. But outside Philly. Whoa different world. I spent a couple of days in Allentown. Not a place for a person from L.A. Everything closed way too early..But I really enjoyed my trip out to Philly and Allentown.

bionic77

My experience of Philly was cool. Enjoyed visiting the museums, The stadiums looked awesome. But outside Philly. Whoa different world. I spent a couple of days in Allentown. Not a place for a person from L.A. Everything closed way too early..But I really enjoyed my trip out to Philly and Allentown.
Never heard of anyone traveling to see Allentown.

BigAT

Update:

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
I'm hearing that Michael Vick has no additional problems in his rib area after MRI and CT scan. Will be prob be brought back slowly, though.

Anyone think there is even the smallest chance of him making it through the season? He has yet to finish even his small fraction of a preseason game.

If you think Allentown was weird you should have checked out Lancaster. It is Amish country so their are horse drawn buggies everywhere. It is like visiting a different world.

squicken

Update:

Anyone think there is even the smallest chance of him making it through the season? He has yet to finish even his small fraction of a preseason game.

I think Vick staying in the pocket is actually helping him get hurt. Their line sucks. Any drop back passer is going to get hit behind it, and he's not big enough to handle it. He needs to move around and do his thing. Not that he doesn't need to be smarter about it. But after this many years in the NFL, I think if he was ever going to wise up on that, he would have done so by now. Might as well go down running and slanging

UberTag

Not a chance. Set the over/under on 10.5 games completed from start to finish. I'll take the under.

Fantasy football question! Ahhh!
12 team 2 QB league. Traded my #9,123,and 153 for picks 21, 45, and 76. I think I won?
Perhaps. Depends how you use them. And to be fair in a 2-QB league, you can kiss your chances of landing a decent QB goodbye if you're waiting to draft your first one until the 16th pick. Consider yourself lucky if Matt Ryan's still available. If not, you may want to grab Griffin III with Pick 21 and double-down on rookies grabbing Luck sometime in the 5th round.

Personally, I'd still rather be the other guy. With picks 4 & 9 he's going to have an amazing start.

RBH

20120821-london-pr.jpg

The Jacksonville Jaguars are going international, Wembley style.

With a goal of raising the profile of the franchise and the community, Jaguars owner Shad Khan along with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday announced that the Jaguars will play one game in the United Kingdom in each of the next four regular seasons.

The Jaguars will play a home game in the United Kingdom in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 in London’s historic Wembley Stadium, Goodell and Khan announced Tuesday.

The date and opponent of the 2013 game will be announced later.

“The Jacksonville Jaguars will be a bold and ambitious NFL franchise,” Khan said in a press release issued before a press conference at the University Club in Jacksonville.

Khan since purchasing the Jaguars in early January has spoken of developing the Jaguars not only locally and regionally, but internationally. The four-year agreement is in keeping with growing the team’s brand globally, he said.

Khan said the agreement also will raise Northeast Florida’s international profile.

“We're appreciative of the support from the Jacksonville business community to make this a reality and winning proposition for everyone,” he said. “This is a priceless opportunity to share the business, tourism and lifestyle story of Jacksonville with international audiences, and I know it will give the Jaguars a unique and powerful identity within the league and beyond.”
In addition to the Jaguars’ 2013 game in London, the league is working to add a second game in the U.K. next year, with the intention of finalizing details in the coming months.

The 2012 NFL schedule features the St. Louis Rams hosting the New England Patriots at Wembley Stadium on Sunday, October 28. All 65,000 placed on sale to date having sold out and the remaining tickets being made available to fans in September.
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article...me-games/29eaa3ef-d045-4108-be21-d4d84566933f

Top Bottom