• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Sanjuro

I once dreamt of Tebow scoring a 99 yard TD on a bootleg to beat the Pats in the AFC Championship as time runs out.

In my dream he runs through the entire Pats "defense", who can't stop him but rip most of his jersey off and then on the 5 yard line Bellicheat and Tammy illegally run out to stop him and Tebow stiff arms Bill and trucks Brady.

I am pretty sure that is going to be prophetic.

I imagine him having a downward spiral after that. Turns to the needle to battle the attacking demons.

Godslay

Banned
I once dreamt of Tebow scoring a 99 yard TD on a bootleg to beat the Pats in the AFC Championship as time runs out.

In my dream he runs through the entire Pats "defense", who can't stop him but rip most of his jersey off and then on the 5 yard line Bellicheat and Tammy illegally run out to stop him and Tebow stiff arms Bill and trucks Brady.

I am pretty sure that is going to be prophetic.

Completely unrealistic needs more Kraft in it.

On another note, some days I wonder why I even bother to look in the off-topic. Some threads just go to the shitter almost immediately.

To be fair, he may be a better fit for that offense, they're a zone heavy team and Wilson actually threaten the backside with bootlegs/rollouts and the like. Wilson played in a run heavy PA offense, wasn't asked to do much but he did what was asked really well.

Obviously, regular season is a different ball game but Wilson showed talent against the shitty Big 12.

i mean i guess wilson has done about as much in this league as matt flynn has so in that regard it doesn't matter who starts. i don't think either one of them is going to do much this year but maybe, MAYBE, that is my dislike of she seachickens

but the 3rd pre-season game is a warm up for the regular season. i think what is happening is the seahawks are realizing that flynn isn't that good. i mean the guy has like a 4.0 YPA in the preseason. flynn is finding out what we all already knew: ain't so easy racking up yards when you don't have the best set of receivers in the league (packers).

and sure enough the seachickens have a great secondary. but beyond that, where have they drafted well? carpenter is garbage and a horrible reach, moffit has been so-so, okung hasn't been worthy of his spot, golden tate is garbage, aaron curry lulz. in this regard the seahawks are very much like the raiders: god awful picking in the early rounds but have found some gems late

Talon

At least the OT produced this gem:
flags.jpg

Wrayfield

So old that it is new, still funny to this day though.

To: John Madden
CC: Electronic Arts Sports
Re: Being the worst rated player on Madden 07

---

Though not real, I always laugh when I read that. It's so true. Random shit at so many levels.

Slo

Let's hope it's just some weird ass post from a buddy of his who HAXXORED LOL his GAF account when he walked away from his PC for a second.

bluemax

Banned
i mean i guess wilson has done about as much in this league as matt flynn has so in that regard it doesn't matter who starts. i don't think either one of them is going to do much this year but maybe, MAYBE, that is my dislike of she seachickens

but the 3rd pre-season game is a warm up for the regular season. i think what is happening is the seahawks are realizing that flynn isn't that good. i mean the guy has like a 4.0 YPA in the preseason. flynn is finding out what we all already knew: ain't so easy racking up yards when you don't have the best set of receivers in the league (packers).

and sure enough the seachickens have a great secondary. but beyond that, where have they drafted well? carpenter is garbage and a horrible reach, moffit has been so-so, okung hasn't been worthy of his spot, golden tate is garbage, aaron curry lulz. in this regard the seahawks are very much like the raiders: god awful picking in the early rounds but have found some gems late

First off, lulz. Second off, lulz. Third off, is it really fair to use YPA against Flynn when he hasn't been asked to throw deep much, and one of the few times he did his receiver (TO) dropped a long distance TD. Not too mention Rice and Baldwin haven't played pretty much at all.

Also, Earl Thomas was a first rounder and a pro bowler. He's had a better career than the safety the 49ers took in the same draft. Funnily enough, a lot of the guys people thought Seattle would/should take have been down right awful. Mays, Clausen etc.

The Seahawks haven't been going by conventional wisdom for their QBs all pre-season. Flynn has 60+ snaps, Wilson has 60+ snaps so far this preseason. You know how many Kolb and Skelton have? Around 30 each. I think people are too hung up on tradition and are using it to evaluate how they think the Seahawks are evaluating their QBs, when at this point it should be obvious that they're doing things their own way.

Will that work? Only time will tell, but for now people need to realize Pete and John Schneider don't do things "by the book".

squicken

I hope he's okay but he's got to get it together. Posted about being stuck in AZ, people gave him money, he's still in AZ, and yesterday was talking about buying tickets to a game and carpooling or something.

Slo

I hope he's okay but he's got to get it together. Posted about being stuck in AZ, people gave him money, he's still in AZ, and yesterday was talking about buying tickets to a game and carpooling or something.

LOL! I'm a rich Viking prince stuck in Arizona! Please send me money so that I may flee the state and I will richly reward you!

LOL! I'm a rich Viking prince stuck in Arizona! Please send me money so that I may flee the state and I will richly reward you!

My uncle owns a business and 1 day he called me up all excited saying he was going to make millions off of a Nigerian prince. It took me way to long to convince him that it was a scam.

lol. I hope he is ok. He needs to stay off the internet for a few months.

Fixed. He really needs to refocus and get things together...he seems really unstable (and this is coming from someone who isn't exactly in a great spot mentally at the moment). Kind of sad to see. If your issues are so evident that it's even affecting your ability to post on a forum you really need to get some professional help, whether that be financial or mental or whatever you need.

Anyway, Hard Knocks tonight should be relatively uneventful, although I guess the starting QB announcement will give them something to spend some time on.

Godslay

Banned

What's up with that? Did he take a trip back home or whatever?

Talon

My uncle owns a business and 1 day he called me up all excited saying he was going to make millions off of a Nigerian prince. It took me way to long to convince him that it was a scam.
Don't laugh. We're going to be 60 one day, and the Matrix scammers will come at us.

First off, lulz. Second off, lulz. Third off, is it really fair to use YPA against Flynn when he hasn't been asked to throw deep much, and one of the few times he did his receiver (TO) dropped a long distance TD. Not too mention Rice and Baldwin haven't played pretty much at all.

Also, Earl Thomas was a first rounder and a pro bowler. He's had a better career than the safety the 49ers took in the same draft. Funnily enough, a lot of the guys people thought Seattle would/should take have been down right awful. Mays, Clausen etc.

The Seahawks haven't been going by conventional wisdom for their QBs all pre-season. Flynn has 60+ snaps, Wilson has 60+ snaps so far this preseason. You know how many Kolb and Skelton have? Around 30 each. I think people are too hung up on tradition and are using it to evaluate how they think the Seahawks are evaluating their QBs, when at this point it should be obvious that they're doing things their own way.

Will that work? Only time will tell, but for now people need to realize Pete and John Schneider don't do things "by the book".

i'm just trolling you! let me have that!

squicken

What's up with that? Did he take a trip back home or whatever?

I didn't give him money and didn't follow that thread much. I try to judge people by how they behave in this thread for the most part, but I thought it was uncool for him to take in the money and then not do what he said he was going to do.

i'm just trolling you! let me have that!

Why are you backing down? Seahawks suck and Cheatin' Pete is incompetent. bluemax talks about "outside the box" thinking, well, sticking to convential wisdom and not signing a backup QB for $8m has served most teams pretty well. Just b/c they found some CBs who hold every play doesn't make them savants at personnel evaluation.

Sokantish

I thought he did do what he said he was going to do, but it was just for a visit. I'm not sure though, didn't really follow it that closely either

Godslay

Banned
I didn't give him money and didn't follow that thread much. I try to judge people by how they behave in this thread for the most part, but I thought it was uncool for him to take in the money and then not do what he said he was going to do.

I didn't give him any money, and I just saw in the thread that he was going back home with the donated money. If he didn't take the trip or whatever was intended when the money was given that's too bad. Even with that said, I guess that is the risk you run of giving money away on the internet. It might not go to where you thought it would.

Edit: Saw he made the trip. Point still stands.

In football news, where is MJD going to land? The Broncos forum is buzzing with people wanting to trade for him. I highly doubt it will happen, but where are some viable options for him?

SyNapSe

I thought he did do what he said he was going to do, but it was just for a visit. I'm not sure though, didn't really follow it that closely either

He went back home from my understanding. That's all I'll wish to say; hopefully things work out for him.

edit: apparently it's ok from the OP.

Why are you backing down? Seahawks suck and Cheatin' Pete is incompetent. bluemax talks about "outside the box" thinking, well, sticking to convential wisdom and not signing a backup QB for $8m has served most teams pretty well. Just b/c they found some CBs who hold every play doesn't make them savants at personnel evaluation.

except i don't think bluemax actually believes the seachickens will compete for the division this year. he didn't disagree with pete being a horrible talent evaluator, especially early in the draft. bruce irvin is looking like another "outside the box" move for CP (cheatin' pete). and by outside the box i mean it was even more baffling than when they took the tackle from alabama

Mrbob

FMT is just scurrd because he realizes Wilson is going to tear that Niners ass up for the next decade.

Bluemax, don't back down. While the media is slurping over Luck and RG3 Wilson will end up as the best pro QB out of this draft. He has a better arm than luck, can throw it deeper, is more mobile, and just as accurate. Smart as well. His only downside, the only one, is his height. Despite that he has one of the best balls batting down percentages in the nation. He finds the open lanes to throw the ball. He is great to elite at everything.

Fox318

In football news, where is MJD going to land? The Broncos forum is buzzing with people wanting to trade for him. I highly doubt it will happen, but where are some viable options for him?
jets should trade Greene, hunter, and a 4th for mjd and some tackle.

Milchjon

I didn't give him any money, and I just saw in the thread that he was going back home with the donated money. If he didn't take the trip or whatever was intended when the money was given that's too bad. Even with that said, I guess that is the risk you run of giving money away on the internet. It might not go to where you thought it would.

Edit: Saw he made the trip. Point still stands.

He was pretty open throughout the whole thing and did exactly what he said he would. I think everyone was aware of the risk involved.

That being said, I think he's prone to a bit of overreacting, in both directions. Should relax a bit and accept that it's rather hard for strangers on the internet to really help him.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ok, I finally set up the straggler's ff league. I'll give the people I pm'd 24 hours, then I'm posting the info in this thread. I hope we can fill it up.

Fox318

You'd still be lacking in two pivotal positions on offense though.

Namely, the lack of an actual quality QB or anyone for that nonexistent QB to throw to.
Jets didn't have great receivers in 2009.

Fix the line and give Sanchez some protection and all will be well.

It won't happen though because Tanny is cheap as fuck with RBs.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
"The NFL is going to be developing an international fan base. Why shouldn't it be the Jaguars?'' Shad Khan said in December. ''In all honesty, internationally, they don't know the difference between the Jaguars and the Steelers.''

LondonJagwires.jpg

Fox318

"The NFL is going to be developing an international fan base. Why shouldn't it be the Jaguars?'' Shad Khan said in December. ''In all honesty, internationally, they don't know the difference between the Jaguars and the Steelers.''

LondonJagwires.jpg
One team has a rapist on their team and the other is the Steelers.

squicken

Jets didn't have great receivers in 2009.

Fix the line and give Sanchez some protection and all will be well.

It won't happen though because Tanny is cheap as fuck with RBs.

lol you need so many things before spending on a RB. If you were going to trade with anyone it should be for Revis. Gets some picks back and start rebuilding. This core of players reached its high water mark a few years ago

Top Bottom