• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

this_guy

I shouldn't be surprised, yeah. Just amazed considering the guy is on a book tour doing promotional work for it.:jnc

This one is making the rounds as well where he goes off the handle about his finances being questioned. The host doesn't take his shit though.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/21/warren-sapp-goes-at-it-with-nick-and-lopez/

Heard that on the radio this morning. Sapp was going off on the hosts about how they shouldn't be reading things in the media. The radio hosts were reading his promotional material for his book and Sapp got offended.

LJ11

"Why are you selling Jordans on ebay?"

hahahaha

Edit: Really didn't act like a psycho. jordan line was funny at least.

RBH

Why is Seahawks v Redskins one of the two matchups in the Madden 13 demo?

RG3-DANCING.gif

So is Jay Cutler going to get sacked a million times or something again this year? I haven't been following the offseason and I'm not a Bears' fan, but I love Cutler since his body language is hilarious.

squicken

Fuck this, first Philbin preemptively blames all roster cuts on Jeff Ireland, then he's got to be put in his place by Reggie Bush. I'm not sure Philbin has the chops to be a hc.

Yeah that was douchey. I'm not a fan. If you give bad news or offer an unpleasant viewpoint, just give it. Then go into the explanation. Otherwise boring episode

I told you guys. Philbin is the white Raheem Morris.

Did Raheem Morris have to get told how to coach by his players too?

Seriously that was the best part of the episode, Philbin getting sat down by the veterans (although Matt Moore getting the "you're a nice guy" routine by the QB coach was pretty good too).

squicken

Did Raheem Morris have to get told how to coach by his players too?

Seriously that was the best part of the episode, Philbin getting sat down by the veterans (although Matt Moore getting the "you're a nice guy" routine by the QB coach was pretty good too).

It's going to be a long year there. Carolina kinda just casually took them behind the building with the starters in. I loved the fake tension at the end of the game when the entire upper deck was empty

TheFatOne

Patriots cut Jonathan Fanene.

The New England Patriots released defensive end Jonathan Fanene on Tuesday.

Fanene, 30, was one of the Patriots' most expensive offseason additions in free agency, with the team signing him to a three-year, $9.85 million contract. He received a $3.85 million signing bonus.

"It just didn't work out," coach Bill Belichick said in a conference call Tuesday afternoon. "Don't really think I have much more to add than that, it just didn't work out."

Wow I did not see that one coming. I wonder how badly he is injured?It's time for Brace to finally step up.

Pimpwerx

Finally finished my recording of Hard Knocks:

- Philbin is Cam all over again. Skolnick said that a week or two ago, and he was right. Philbin is just too timid for the job of being head coach. That said, he has surrounded himself with some strong guys, so they can whip the players into shape, if he can't.

- I would prefer a more direct approach with the players. You made Ryan the starter, so no need to go off rambling about how you like Matt as a person and whatnot. Tell him Ryan's starting and you expect him to be ready to go when his number is called. Matt didn't want to hear the bullshit himself, so no need for it. Everytime he has a sitdown with a player, it sounds like a teacher talking to a preschooler. C'mon son.

- I hope his nitpicking of details doesn't get on the players' nerves, because it's getting on mine. That might just be editing though. The team, frankly, sucks. No one gives a shit how messy the locker room is when we're poised to go 2-15. That's not a typo. We're gonna lose the bye week too, we're so bad.

- Bless HBO for making our receivers look less than trash. I think they might have edited in all the catches they made for the entire week. Scoring on 2nd and 3rd units isn't anything to be proud of. The receivers are the weakest part of this team, and will be the ultimate cause for our downfall.

- I'm glad the players didn't take the Chad firing that well. I'm not surprised Reggie is taking a leadership role, considering he called out the whole team last season. He got criticism for it, but he was ultimately right. Instead of firing the best receiver on our extremely-thin receiving corp, the players should have been given a chance to reign him in. Philbin didn't go to them before, when he had his whole press conference beef in the first episode, so it's just like Reggie and Carlos said, Chad got cut before even getting a third strike. As washed-up as he may be, he was still better than anyone else our starting rookie QB will have to throw to. That's so depressing.

- It might be my imagination, but the right side of the line might be even worse than last season. Wow! I mean...wow! How the fuck is that even possible? Tannehill is starting in a hole already. If he can emerge as a good player given the shitty line and receivers who, couldn't separate from a status, then I'll be amazed. I'm getting ready to Suck for Barkley already.

Friday's game should be fun...in a depressing kind of way. I plan on getting positively hammered. PEACE.

bluemax

Banned
except i don't think bluemax actually believes the seachickens will compete for the division this year. he didn't disagree with pete being a horrible talent evaluator, especially early in the draft. bruce irvin is looking like another "outside the box" move for CP (cheatin' pete). and by outside the box i mean it was even more baffling than when they took the tackle from alabama

I think they could compete for the division but the 49ers are rightfully the favorites right now. They have better talent on the whole and more continuity than the Seahawks do. I think the 49ers window is closing a bit as they're a tad older. They have a good coach, albeit one without any history of winning championships of any sort.

Pete's personnel's moves have been a mixed bag, but I wouldn't say he's s poor talent evaluator. They hit on guys like Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, Mike Williams, Leon Washington, Kam Chancellor etc. And they've missed on guys like Whitehurst, Robert Gallery and LenDale White. Pete's been able to revive the careers of guys like Red Bryant, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Clemons and BMW. There are a lot of moves that I don't think can be fully evaluated yet like Carpenter, Irvin, and Moffitt.

Is Pete perfect? Absolutely not. But the Seahawks roster as it stands now is far better, has more upside and is generally more interesting than the one he inherited a few years ago. Not every coach gets to inherit one of the best rosters in the league that's been sadly mismanaged for a million years and ride an unsustainable turnover margin into the NFC Championship game.

methodman

Banned
rors if you doin that auction league, i'd like an invite if there's still room. i was in it last year with yall, was damn fun (especially the live draft)

I think they could compete for the division but the 49ers are rightfully the favorites right now. They have better talent on the whole and more continuity than the Seahawks do. I think the 49ers window is closing a bit as they're a tad older. They have a good coach, albeit one without any history of winning championships of any sort.

Pete's personnel's moves have been a mixed bag, but I wouldn't say he's s poor talent evaluator. They hit on guys like Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, Mike Williams, Leon Washington, Kam Chancellor etc. And they've missed on guys like Whitehurst, Robert Gallery and LenDale White. Pete's been able to revive the careers of guys like Red Bryant, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Clemons and BMW. There are a lot of moves that I don't think can be fully evaluated yet like Carpenter, Irvin, and Moffitt.

Is Pete perfect? Absolutely not. But the Seahawks roster as it stands now is far better, has more upside and is generally more interesting than the one he inherited a few years ago. Not every coach gets to inherit one of the best rosters in the league that's been sadly mismanaged for a million years and ride an unsustainable turnover margin into the NFC Championship game.

harbs has already done more in the NFL than cheatin' pete has done. not hard to win in college when you're cheating and not getting punished for it. of course eventually pete got caught and that's why he weaseled his way out of college football

and i can see that you want to give the 49ers backhanded compliments and say "oh well yeah i mean i guess they should be the favs... even though... even though they have a turnover margin they can't sustain! i mean so there's that!" you actually believe the seachickens are going to win the division and i think that is adorable.

but they wont

bluemax

Banned
harbs has already done more in the NFL than cheatin' pete has done. not hard to win in college when you're cheating and not getting punished for it. of course eventually pete got caught and that's why he weaseled his way out of college football

and i can see that you want to give the 49ers backhanded compliments and say "oh well yeah i mean i guess they should be the favs... even though... even though they have a turnover margin they can't sustain! i mean so there's that!" you actually believe the seachickens are going to win the division and i think that is adorable.

but they wont

1. There's no evidence that Pete ever cheated at USC. The NCAA did not sanction USC for on the field cheating or breaking any recruiting rules.

2. I didn't say I thought they would, I said I think they can. There is a difference.

Unlike you I am less prone to hyperbole and more realistic.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Heard that on the radio this morning. Sapp was going off on the hosts about how they shouldn't be reading things in the media. The radio hosts were reading his promotional material for his book and Sapp got offended.

"Why are you selling Jordans on ebay?"

hahahaha

Edit: Really didn't act like a psycho. jordan line was funny at least.

was really funny listening to it live. "are we cool" "uh well we've always been cool, i'm just trying to ask you some questions"

I'm back, stupid aurora gun thread!

Got me a 106" projection screen setup just in time for football.

Go Texans

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
MJD to the Steelers for a bag of chips and 4 10th round draft picks. When the hell is David Stern going to take over the NFL so this can happen?

Top Bottom