• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

squicken

MJD to the Steelers for a bag of chips and 4 10th round draft picks. When the hell is David Stern going to take over the NFL so this can happen?

You're closer than people saying 1st or 2nd. He's already pushing 30 and making more than most teams want to pay a RB. So now the receiving team has to pay him more and tack on a couple of guaranteed years? And give up a draft pick? That pick isn't going to be high since the money outlay is already a bad value.

He's simply worth more to JAX on the roster than he is to what they could fetch for him. Khan is just an asshole about goading him publicly. MJD has no leverage and already has $600k in fines. He will eventually show up. The owner should have just kept his mouth shut instead of escalating it.

Wrayfield

What's he earning this year?

Edit: nvm, found it

4/15/2009: Signed a five-year, $30.95 million contract. The deal contains $17.5 million guaranteed, including a $9 million signing bonus and Jones-Drew's base salaries in years one and two. Another $1.8 million is available through incentives. 2012: $4.45 million, 2013: $4.95 million, 2014: Free Agent

cajunator

Banned
I'm sorry I haven't caught up on GAF wiki?

This is when I embarrassingly admit that I like the music from .hack.

The music is done by Yuki Kajiura and she is one of the best composers in the anime industry. Her work as Kalafina is far better though.

Still so many question marks for the defense that better get answered tomorrow. Still no starting corner (opposite Tramon), nickel corner or nickel safety yet (Woodson will be starting base safety).

If Davon House hadn't gotten injured I'm sure he'd have taken the LCB spot already. Still a few weeks before he has a chance of returning I think. Now it's either Bush , Heyward, or Shields.

Safety is even worse because theyre all young with no real experience. McMillian or MD Jennings, and neither have looked that great. Though hopefully since they're young they'll have some noticeable development in the next two weeks.

DCX

DCX
I wonder what Maurice Jones-Drew would potentially fetch in a trade.

Maybe a 3rd rounder?
Funny you ask, I was wondering if the Falcons should get in on it. Turner is not fit for the offense any more. MJD and his catching skills along with elite running would be amazing in this new style of offense.

Would never happen though.

DCX

Wes

venison crêpe
Good thing we can't talk about Fantasy Football in here because then no-one would bring up the fact I drafted Richardson and Jones-Drew with my first two picks.

Wrayfield

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...igan-chicago-bears--20120823,0,1418446.column

Looks like Urlacher had the HGH/blodd injection thing done in Germany. So can like regualr German citizens go see this guy and use the state funded insurance? b/c that seems like it would be a pretty sweet deal

If you're older, I doubt it. If you're young (reckon < 30 years) and have some serious knee issues, an insurance could approve such an expensive treatment. It all depends if it's approved by a board of docs as a viable treatment. I'd say it's too early for that. A private insurance is much more likely to pay for this, it's for people who earn a bit more money though as the premiums are quite high.

Let's face it, these kind of treatments are for professional athletes. No one cares if your knee hurts if you are just a regular, perhaps old dude, health insurance or not (btw, it's not state-funded, at least not entirely). For instance, old people get knee replacements done regularly around here and doctors and clinics make a ton of money with that, but people doubt how much of an improvement it is for the patients. Very invasive, costly, range of motion not nearly as good as a real knee, painful etc. etc. The system is good if you are seriously ill and lost your job and such, but for "regular" stuff it's as good or as bad as any paid insurance.

From what I hear, the dude who invented this blood cell treatment is clearly focussing on making money out of it and opened a clinic in LA for the rich and famous already so he won't care about social security-insured Germans any time soon ;).

Wrayfield

Good thing we can't talk about Fantasy Football in here because then no-one would bring up the fact I drafted Richardson and Jones-Drew with my first two picks.

You should be fine on both accounts unless they get injured again. A healthy Richardson (it was just a scope, afaik) will get a ton of carries, MJD can run w/o a passing game and this year the Jags should have a better passing game. You won't have the most productive RBs but you'll be just fine. There, I talked FF :)

I'm a fan of MJD, I know he is getting up there in age for a RB but he is a rare physical specimen. Talks out of his arse a bit sometimes, but that's nothing compared to any average wanna be star receiver in the league.

Milchjon

Face it, bionic, Paul Ryan is one of you:

paul_ryan_notafan_disclaimed.gif

Gutting medicare didn't do it for you?

Seriously. Ryan wants to change the medicare age from 65 to 67. Hundreds of thousands of people would lose their health insurance, and they cant exactly go back to work. He seems like a heartless person willing to fuck over the elderly because he doesnt have to worry about it. He also wants to gut the FDA and EPA, cancel the school lunch program and a million other things that people rely on. I dont think of any politicians as nice guys, but Ryan definitely doesnt seem like one.

GraveRobberX said:
Mariah Carey is still relevant?
Wasn't she in some kind of rehab recently? Last I saw her she was looking more like Adele...

GraveRobberX said:
Anyone buy Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for PS3?
Waiting for the inevitable Steam sale and price drop. Still deep into Darksiders II at the moment. Is it better than the first? I thought the first was competent yet forgettable.

Top Bottom