• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

TheFatOne

Already balls deep in KI and I love it!

And yes, psone support is partial kinda like Xbox on 360

Some fucking bullshit that is. Can't even do PSOne support right. What a fucked up launch, and first year.

BTW Patriot fans Vollmer practiced today.
TAMPA, Fla. -- Offensive tackle Sebastian Vollmer was among a handful of previously injured players who returned to practice Wednesday, as the New England Patriots held the first of two joint sessions with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...ebastian-vollmer-returns-practices-first-unit

bionic77

Lets stop talking about videogames and instead talk about how awesome it would be to be filthy rich.

My brother in law borrowed our SUV to pick up some furniture or some shit and he left his almost brand new BMW with us. I took it for a drive to Scranton for a deposition of some retard who works in a factory. Scranton sucks balls and the 3 hour deposition proved the witness was a fucking retard but man I am going to miss that car.

The guy who left his car with me is a doctor and I hate being near sick people and would never want to stick my hand in their asshole or mouth, but damn I kind of regretted not going to medical school after driving his car. He had a 335xi with all sorts of bells and whistles, but specifically the way the car drove was fantastic. I got it up to 110 miles/hour and it felt like I was going 60 in a normal car. While the drive was out of this world the weird thing was the car was the most complicated thing ever. I don't see how an old person could operate the car. I am pretty tech savvy and it took me a minute or two to just figure out how to turn on the radio and set it to the Pearl Jam station. Some other family members have bimmers and they all bitch that after 100k miles they are all unreliable, but if I had that kind of money I would say fuck it and just keep buying a new one.

If any of your bitches are rich and want to give money to a GAfer I can't say that I am homeless or suicidal but if you buy me a BMW I will strongly consider being a squicken fan of your team, provided that that team is not the Ravens or Patriots. If that is the case then you can shove that cash and beautiful car up your ass, which is most likely infested with the worst kind of diseases known to man.

Sokantish

If any of your bitches are rich and want to give money to a GAfer I can't say that I am homeless or suicidal but if you buy me a BMW I will strongly consider being a squicken fan of your team, provided that that team is not the Ravens or Patriots. If that is the case then you can shove that cash and beautiful car up your ass, which is most likely infested with the worst kind of diseases known to man.

There's nothing stopping you from saying you are homeless or suicidal, just so you know. Go crazy, man!

bionic77

You don't have to be rich bionic, you just have to be financially dumb or single.
Yeah I could tehnically afford the car myself but not without sacrificing on other shit and I am too cheap unless one of you rich bastards gets it for me.

For now I still value my 401k, savings account and other shit over a badass sports car.

Dragon

Banned

Because they're expensive in all aspects. Maintenance is horribad (like most other German cars btw). If you're going for a family car then yeah there are much better more affordable options. Unless your combined income is over 200/250k (and if it is then buy whatever the eff you want). I mean a Honda, while way more boring, is insanely better as a family car. It holds its value better too.

eznark

Banned
Because they're expensive in all aspects. Maintenance is horribad (like most other German cars btw). If you're going for a family car then yeah there are much better more affordable options. Unless your combined income is over 200/250k (and if it is then buy whatever the eff you want). I mean a Honda, while way more boring, is insanely better as a family car. It holds its value better too.

So what? This blanket "lol ur financially dumb" statement because you can't afford something is garbag-i-o.

I spend an average of 15-20 hours a week on the road. If I want to be comfortable, more fucking power to me.

Disclaimer: I do not currently own a BMW. I drive an F-150.

bionic77

I hate spending too much money on a car. Granted I am cheap but for me a car that expensive is a total luxury.

The real killer as Dragon said is the maintenance. Another family member of mine had a bimmer and once it got above 80k miles it seemed like she was dropping 2-3 grand in it every 8 months. I would go crazy spending that money just to keep my car running the way it was supposed to.

Dragon

Banned
So what? This blanket "lol ur financially dumb" statement because you can't afford something is garbag-i-o.

I spend an average of 15-20 hours a week on the road. If I want to be comfortable, more fucking power to me.

I think it's financially stupid to spend money paying off interest on a car payment to a bank for a car that you don't need because you want to be comfortable. You just bitched about the Browns being pussies and here you are being a pussy.

eznark

Banned
I think it's financially stupid to spend money paying off interest on a car payment to a bank for a car that you don't need because you want to be comfortable. You just bitched about the Browns being pussies and here you are being a pussy.

You being unable to afford it does not equal stupid.

I don't get the insult.

bionic77

Pickup trucks are usually for wannabe tough guys. Eznark probably needs one to carry around the animals and in laws he slaughters but I see a lot of guys who listen to country music and drive a pickup truck in the winter (and never carry around anything but their groceries) and a Harley in the summer.

Agreed. I have a company car and don't pay insurance, car payment or gas and I can use it all I want for personal driving! The car is shitty but I jus don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuck! I could never go back to paying for gas like a sucker!

Pickup trucks are usually for wannabe tough guys. Eznark probably needs one to carry around the animals and in laws he slaughters but I see a lot of guys who listen to country music and drive a pickup truck in the winter (and never carry around anything but their groceries) and a Harley in the summer.

I'm buying a 40k Tundra next year, deal with it!

LJ11

Can't get it off the runway, eh?

lol

OT but what the hell, these NYC corrections officers make more than I thought they would. Close to 80k a year after 5 years, then you factor in overtime pay and 27 vacation days and it's not a bad job for those that want to be paid to sit in prison for most of the day.

eznark

Banned
I came here for the NFL, instead I got poors debating cars

We can't all spend our dad's Apple money on cars Luke "Smith"

873410-n515214923_52950_1916_large.jpg
SteveWozniak.jpg

I do live on a compound.

I hate my truck. It has 230k miles, it doesnt accelerate for shit, it has horrible mileage, my friends ask me to help move, and the breaks squeek like a dying animal.

It runs though and its my only option.

Damn. Never understood this line of thinking. Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you throw out all rational decision making. Out of any luxury car I certainly wouldn't pick a BMW especially if it was to be something that needs to be reliable for 15 to 20 hours a week like you claim. Wouldn't want my car to be in the shop half of the time if it was to be used by the family. Doesn't matter if it costs 100k or 10k.

My dad is the CFO of a major international bank and he's rolling around in a beat up Caravan on weekends. Still kicking.

eznark

Banned
Damn. Never understood this line of thinking. Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you throw out all rational decision making. Out of any luxury car I certainly wouldn't pick a BMW especially if it was to be something that needs to be reliable for 15 to 20 hours a week like you claim. Wouldn't want my car to be in the shop half of the time if it was to be used by the family. Doesn't matter if it costs 100k or 10k.

My dad is the CFO of a major international bank and he's rolling around in a beat up Caravan on weekends. Still kicking.

Me either, can't stand em. If someone does buy a BMW I don't assume they are idiots. Money is relative. I wouldn't think twice about buying a pack of gum, and Bionic's brother doesn't sweat buying a BMW.

I think you probably just hate black people. You are a Packers fan after all.

That's because you're financially stupid.
Every day is a struggle.

UberTag

I came here for the NFL, instead I got poors debating cars
Welcome to the NFL thread. Where all topics are considered for discussion EXCEPT the NFL and fantasy football. Discuss those things and the natives get cranky. But anything else is fair game.

Well, it isn't extraordinarily fancy but since we're talking cars here's a shitty night time pick of the CX-5 I just picked up on Monday:

30dy1.jpg

Paid 23k for it with the Moonroof package. Power everything, navigation installed, bluetooth etc. I traded in my Mazda 3 for it and ended up getting a good deal on it. I like it!

methodman

Banned
my uncle, whos a ceo of a company, bought a 100k+ a8 last year and bought this 2 months ago.

AudiR8.jpg

drove it one day... best drive ive ever had. was in love. 200k+

Milchjon

I don't even drive. Subway for just about everything, love to walk. Has it's downsides occasionally.

If you live in a bigger city, especially in Europe where long distances are rarer and public transport can get you pretty much anywhere, I just don't see a need. Those 3 or 4 times a year where I need a car, I can usually get one of my parents.

I can understand why people want/need one, especially in the US, but on my personal list it's somewhere very far down.

Top Bottom