• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

cashman

Banned
Ya, I don't get it. Why all the bannings?

For clarification on that thread:

Posters were banned for a variety of reasons (masturbation/sex comments, show us pics, etc.); none of these things are appropriate in any other thread and there was no reason to believe they were okay in that thread.

No one was permed. The bans issued were fairly short in duration. Even the juniors got slaps on the wrist; this was a relatively leniently moderated topic.

Bowser

Cool, Ill post my team here. I have mixed feelings about it since I went with QB and TE early for the first time ever. I am used to having superstar RBs so my team just makes me nervous.

10 team ppr, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, TE, DSt, K

QB
Aaron Rodgers

RB
Michael Turner
Ahmad Bradshaw

WR
Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Jennings

Flex
Antonio Brown

DEF
NY Jets

K
Need to get one of the waiver

Bench
Willis McGahee
Jeremy Maclin
Steven Ridley
Peyton Hillis
Kevin Smith
Cedric Benson
Michael Crabtree

There was a run on RB's this year. I was pretty much stuck with Turner after going early QB/TE. I think I need to get J jaquizz rodgers as well.

You didn't list your TE? I'm guessing it was Gronk or Graham seeing as you sent you went QB/TE. You'll definitely want to pick up David Wilson as a handcuff to Bradshaw considering how often he gets injured. I'd say that's more of a priority than picking up Jaquizz...

eznark

Banned
Because both of those subjects are too sensitive for the circumcision retards.

Without forcible sex jokes I won't be able to talk about the Kobe Bryant the Packers are going to give the 49ers.

Without masturbation talk I'm not going to be able to talk about HarrellOfFame.

You didn't list your TE? I'm guessing it was Gronk or Graham seeing as you sent you went QB/TE. You'll definitely want to pick up David Wilson as a handcuff to Bradshaw considering how often he gets injured. I'd say that's more of a priority than picking up Jaquizz...

Ahh, yea. Just did an edit. I got Rob Gronkowski, I wanted Graham but he went one pick before me.

Slo

Being inflammatory, frontal, and controversial is only tolerable if you are doing so in a way that aligns with the current mod's values. Then it's encouraged!

eznark

Banned
We're lucky that no mod consistently patrols these parts (NFL-GAF). This thread would have been permanently locked a long, long time ago.

They do. We're lucky that the usual suspects who cry about that stuff don't patrol these threads. You look at that graveyard thread, see who posted, then see who got banned and who didn't.

They do, it's why some mod banned FMT while he was doing his typical FMT rant that he's done for the last 10 years.

I should have been more specific. By mod, I mean mod that would actually care about some of the stuff we post in here.

Those mods don't consistently visit this thread.

bionic77

Without forcible sex jokes I won't be able to talk about the Kobe Bryant the Packers are going to give the 49ers.

Without masturbation talk I'm not going to be able to talk about HarrellOfFame.
You don't need sex to make fun of the Niners. Just focus on the fundamentals the qb, the coach and their retarded owner. All 3 will give you ample material to work with.

Dragon

Banned
Speaking of bans we are going to see record bannings with the WiiU launch and the elections in November.

Oh yeah. That's like a peripheral for the Wii right? Kinda like Move or Kinect? Yeah I can see that making big ban waves like an orca whale or something.

bionic77

Oh yeah. That's like a peripheral for the Wii right? Kinda like Move or Kinect? Yeah I can see that making big ban waves like an orca whale or something.
Nah it is an underpowered xbox360 with a DS controller. Pretty sure it is for girls and kids who don't know any better.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
September 13th is D-Day gentlemen

Get Yo' Popcorn ready and calendars marked...

Tears will be shed, salt mines will be harvested, some might hit the Briny stage and pickle out of existence on GAF like snes

Ninty holding presser in NYC, full out press on the WU

WU ain't nothing to fuck wit, WU ain't nothing to fuck wit, WU ain't nothing to fuck wit

make all the fun you want but i'm pre-ordering wiiU as soon as it is available. the best feature is you can play without even being at the television! its like another portable, which i love!

btw bionic i got 3dsxl with a bunch of ds/3ds games and im loving it

Bowser

make all the fun you want but i'm pre-ordering wiiU as soon as it is available. the best feature is you can play without even being at the television! its like another portable, which i love!

snes is furiously...

wait, I don't know if I can make that joke now :(

bionic77

I was just fucking around. I always try to get every Nintendo console. The DS was my favorite from last gen.

And I agree with you on the U. Seems like it could be the best thing ever when kids or wife are watching tv. Hope it gets a lot of 2D goodness.

Get Kid Icarus if you haven't already! Sooooo good.

DMczaf

I just want a real ass HD Mario game and a real ass HD Zelda game.

Those 2 games alone will get me to plop down $300+ on a Wii U.

GraveRobberX

My last Nintendo console system was a NES

Hand-held a Gameboy Color Pikachu Yellow

Was a Sega + Sony guy

Never played any Zelda, somehow I know a lot about it... go figure

I was just fucking around. I always try to get every Nintendo console. The DS was my favorite from last gen.

And I agree with you on the U. Seems like it could be the best thing ever when kids or wife are watching tv. Hope it gets a lot of 2D goodness.

Get Kid Icarus if you haven't already! Sooooo good.

Already balls deep in KI and I love it!

And yes, psone support is partial kinda like Xbox on 360

squicken

If you're older, I doubt it. If you're young (reckon < 30 years) and have some serious knee issues, an insurance could approve such an expensive treatment. It all depends if it's approved by a board of docs as a viable treatment. I'd say it's too early for that. A private insurance is much more likely to pay for this, it's for people who earn a bit more money though as the premiums are quite high.

Let's face it, these kind of treatments are for professional athletes. No one cares if your knee hurts if you are just a regular, perhaps old dude, health insurance or not (btw, it's not state-funded, at least not entirely). For instance, old people get knee replacements done regularly around here and doctors and clinics make a ton of money with that, but people doubt how much of an improvement it is for the patients. Very invasive, costly, range of motion not nearly as good as a real knee, painful etc. etc. The system is good if you are seriously ill and lost your job and such, but for "regular" stuff it's as good or as bad as any paid insurance.

From what I hear, the dude who invented this blood cell treatment is clearly focussing on making money out of it and opened a clinic in LA for the rich and famous already so he won't care about social security-insured Germans any time soon ;).

Thanks for the detailed response. Sample size is so small, but it sure seems to have helped Kobe, Couples, and A-Rod. Or rather, they had a career uptick around the time they had the procedure.

Dragon

Banned

Don't hold your breath for many games to take advantage of that besides first party.

I said Real Ass, not hacky bullshit that you NERDS do.

I don't know what's worse. Having to root for Josh Freeman or making fun of nerds on a video game message board.

GraveRobberX

This thread is getting crazy. That GraveRobber exchange had me laughing.

Your Welcome <3

Need to throw a wrench sometimes, to kicktstart the gears revving and get them to adjust to the malarkey

Also chuckddd

My niece was told about your comment, she isn't amused

7rWdBm.jpg

Top Bottom