• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

I'd take the lightrail in the metro area but I'd prefer not to get jerked off on.

Last time I took a bus somewhere a guy in a black shirt COVERED in off white stains started smoking fuckin crack. On a bus full of people.

WedgeX

Banned
ESPN Magazine's profile on Megatron. Well worth the long read.

ESPN said:
The greatest moment of Taylor Bennett's career is kept in a frame in his office. He is a young man in the photo, too young to be truly scared, and how can you be scared, really, when you have Calvin Johnson on the football field with you? In this picture, Bennett is a redshirt freshman quarterback for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Two hours before this photo was snapped, Bennett got off a bus and heard he was playing because the starting quarterback had viral meningitis. So here it is, his first play from scrimmage in a career that eventually leads him to law school.

Aesthetically speaking, it's one of the ugliest things Bennett has ever seen. A circus drill. He calls the wrong play, and half of his offensive line is doing one thing, half is doing something else, and then there's Johnson, a sophomore, curling near the sideline. Bennett throws a rope; Johnson catches it at a standstill, rockets past a swarm of white jerseys, carries the ball like a loaf of rye into the end zone. It's the third time in FBS history that a quarterback throws a touchdown on his first pass. It is art and poetry, a chiseled god pulling beauty out of a hot mess.

"People give me credit for the touchdown," Bennett says, "but I literally did nothing.

"He is like a bunch of Rembrandts. Every play, every game, he paints another picture."

We had a suicide pool and a two pick 'em leagues last year. All that will get sorted once the season gets closer and the week 1 thread goes up

Woohoo!

squicken

The shooter outside the University of Phoenix Stadium was a Cardinals fan. Victim was a Raiders fan.

OAKLAND -- An Oakland Raiders fan was shot in the face by an Arizona Cardinals fan in a parking lot outside the teams' preseason football game in Glendale, Ariz., on Friday night, police said. It isn't known whether the shooting involved a fan dispute.

The 30-year-old Raiders fan was wearing silver face paint when he was shot, Glendale police said Tuesday, but it's unclear why the 57-year-old Cardinals fan, at the game with his wife, shot him.

"There has been absolutely no information obtained by investigators that would point to a specific conflict" between the two men over their team allegiances, Glendale police said in a statement. The shooting happened during the middle of the third quarter of the game.

The shooter had called 911 and told police the shooting was accidental. He has not been arrested, and officers continue to investigate, police said. A verbal skirmish preceded the shooting in the nearly empty parking lot, police said.

"What we can tell you is that there was not enough compelling evidence gathered on scene, through statements or physical evidence, to make the investigators comfortable with an arrest on the 57-year-old male," police said.

The Cardinals couple had been watching the game and left before it ended, police said. It was unclear whether the Raiders fan, who is in stable condition, had been in the stadium at any point.

Both the shooter and victim are Arizona residents, police said.

During
the game, Glendale police arrested 14 people, ejected 11 and tallied 20 medical calls, with five people transported to hospitals.

In the police department's summary of its game activities, it said "a large number of fights occurred" inside University of Phoenix Stadium. The only outside incident noted was the shooting.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_21367000

That's a lot of fights

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
dodged a bullet in that thread

sua3h.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Never understood why the put Oranges in there mouth

I don't even get the apple in pig's mouth

Sorry jandro, my condolensces on family lost, next time tell them wear a life jacket when they can't swin... they'll drown in the process =/

bionic77

Eznark
Not the mod we need
But the mod we deserve
Incorrect. Eznark hates everyone and everything too much to have that power over us.

Also with respect to cars I drive a moped with racing stripes. It's manly as shiet. Family car we drive a 1978 Jeep Wagoner with the luxury wood paneling.

Fox318

Incorrect. Eznark hates everyone and everything too much to have that power over us.

Also with respect to cars I drive a moped with racing stripes. It's manly as shiet. Family car we drive a 1978 Jeep Wagoner with the luxury wood paneling.
But ez would be for small government/mods.

There fore he would become the only one and create a new sub topic just to make fun of cubs fans.

bionic77

There fore he would become the only one and create a new sub topic just to make fun of cubs fans.
But we would lose all of the minority and poor posters and those from other countries.

And forum rape would not be legit if it resulted in a pregnancy. Then you were just begging for it.

Slo

Righties always say that stuff until they get elected. Then it's all trickle down economics and Patriot Acts!

I don't know what's worse. Having to root for Josh Freeman or making fun of nerds on a video game message board.
Rooting for Fatman.
So what? This blanket "lol ur financially dumb" statement because you can't afford something is garbag-i-o.

I spend an average of 15-20 hours a week on the road. If I want to be comfortable, more fucking power to me.

Disclaimer: I do not currently own a BMW. I drive an F-150.
John Deere makes F-150s now?
I can't wait for GTA V. It looks so much like my perfect GTA, it can only be a letdown. Let's hope tennis is playable.
Yeah, it looks awesome.
Say no to Packs fans.
Add Cheats, Yucs, Aints, Failcons, and Raiders fans to that.
This is why we need football.

Everybody just calm the fuck down and let's revel in Tom Brady's failures together.
That video is amazing, but not as amazing as the future video of Cam winning the Super Bowl!
Doesn't bother me anymore. The Panthers will win a Super Bowl before the Pats win a legitimate one anyway. And we won't have to rely on video of other teams' practices, bullshit applications of bullshit rules, rogue kickers, or the other team's best player having a broken leg.
PREACH IT BROTHER!
Do Jags fans hate Khan?

or

Does Khan hate Jags fan?
I'd hate myself if I was a Jags fan.
I'll always stay away from threads like that, for just that reason.
Righties always say that stuff until they get elected. Then it's all trickle down economics and Patriot Acts!
I'd be down for an NFLGAF Patriot Act*.

*"Patriot Act" being a ban on all Patriot fans, Patriot videos that aren't of their failures, and gators.

Milchjon

RBH

The Buffalo Bills have sold 43,267 season tickets for 2012, an increase of 15.8 percent over last season.

The total is up 5,912 over last season, when the team's season sales dropped to a 10-year low of 37,355.

However, despite the fact the Bills had high-profile free-agent signings in defensive ends Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, the 2012 total still is not equal to what the Bills had in 2010. They sold 44,084 before that season, but then posted a 4-12 record.

Meanwhile, the Bills' exhibition game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday at Ralph Wilson Stadium will be shown locally on Channel 7.

The Bills also announced that their home game against the Tennessee Titans on Oct. 21 is sold out. That's the third home game of the season. The team previously announced the first two home games, against Kansas City on Sept. 16 and New England on Sept. 30, are sold out.

The 2012 season-ticket total is the seventh highest in the last 13 years, since 2000. The Bills were at 56,011 in sales in 2008 and had 55,194 in 2009 before the Dick Jauron era crumbled and the team took a big drop in sales.

"Season-ticket holders continue to be the building blocks of our franchise," said Russ Brandon, chief executive officer. "A strong season-ticket base is the ultimate home-field advantage."

Tickets still remain for the prime time Thursday night game versus Miami on Nov. 15, as well as December games against Jacksonville, St. Louis, and the New York Jets. Club seats are available for all remaining home games.

Saturday's annual Kids Day Game against the Steelers starts at 7 p.m. The Bills have not officially announced that the game is a sellout, but ESPN confirmed it Tuesday. The NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Bristol, Tenn., was scheduled to air on Channel 7. ESPN announced it will air the auto race on its Buffalo-area channel so that Channel 7 can show the Bills.
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article1016092.ece

Top Bottom