• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

ari

Banned
i don't see how jay cutler can't be top ten this year without an injury. Easily one of the most fearful playoff teams that would've finished 12-4/11-5 last year until his thumb said fuck it.

I think we can go 11-5 this year.

harSon

Banned

Unfortunately, nobody keeps track of those stats.

There are stats for long sacks (sacks occurring after 3 seconds, which are typically the fault of the QB) and short sacks (sacks occurring under 2.5 seconds, which are typically the fault of the line, and there were 19 long sacks and 17 short sacks last season. But that doesn't take into account sacks that did not occur due to Roethlisberger extending broken plays/breaking tackles, the type of pass offense in question, etc.

But even without that information, the fact that it was statistically ~50/50 in terms of O-Line and QB blame for sacks, speaks to the validity of my statements considering it's common knowledge that Ben breaks a ton of tackles every single football game, which would skew those percentages into his favor by quite a bit.

Talon

There are stats for long sacks (sacks occurring after 3 seconds, which are typically the fault of the QB) and short sacks (sacks occurring under 2.5 seconds, which are typically the fault of the line, and there were 19 long sacks and 17 short sacks last season. But that doesn't take into account sacks that did not occur due to Roethlisberger extending broken plays/breaking tackles, the type of pass offense in question, etc.

But even without that information, the fact that it was statistically ~50/50 in terms of O-Line and QB blame for sacks, speaks to the validity of my statements considering it's common knowledge that Ben breaks a ton of tackles every single football game, which would skew those percentages into his favor by quite a bit.
Actually, our favorite fatty did: QB broken tackles halfway down.

Draxal

I said a combination of the two.

Roethlisberger has consistently been sacked 40+ times a season, and this number is deceiving considering he's easily the most elusive QB in the backfield once blocking has broken down.

Eli was sacked an above average amount, but almost in line with the rest of the league. He was ranked 20th in sacks. In today's league, it's easy to be a one dimensional pass oriented team if you're not behind the Steelers offensive line. There's no comparing the Giants and Steelers line, that shit was held together by a wet bandaid by seasons end.

The Giant's bookend tackles gave up the most pass rushes last year. MacKenzie fell off a cliff and David Diehl gave up 47 pressures alone. The g-men only had a migrained plagued Bass and a fill in Boothe (who was the Giant's best lineman last year) playing decently at the end.

Go watch the Giant's/49ers playoff game or the first off the Atlanta/Giants game if you want to see a team's offensive line get utterly dominated by a defensive line (it wasn't the Giant's D line that was doing anything special).

eznark

Banned
You guys are fucking annoying with this argument.

Yes, he holds onto the ball for too long and it results in sacks that wouldn't otherwise happen. But you guys conveniently hold onto that aspect of the argument without including the fact that he'd have been sacked a ton more times if he had the mobility and escape ability of an average NFL QB.

He breaks more sacks then he's responsible for, by a lot. End of story. I'm right and you're wrong.

jEKMcl7GF2jTn_e.jpg

awwwww awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Talon

Aaron Rodgers had 4 of these in one playoff game.

/cutsoffleftfootandcries
Man that was a quick edit. It says in the article that he was 3rd the year before. It is no fluke at all, he breaks a lot of tackles.
Whoa, whoa, totally read you wrong, homeboy. I thought you were talking about Colt McCoy, not LeSean. :)

Not surprised that Michael Turner's right near the top. Say what you will about his initial burst, but he's a bowling ball when he gets started.

He didn't break any tackles against the niners when we destroyed your shitty team. He did cry like a bitch about apparently being bounty'd by us tho

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Presenting the Straggler's Fantasy Football league.

Still want to play fantasy football with some gaffer's? It's not too late. Click the link to join!

LINK

Draft is set for 8/31 @ 5 pm eastern. I can probably move it, if necessary. The only requirement I have for joiners is to identify yourself when you join. Either make it obvious in your team name or post a note in the league.

JOIN. JOIN NOW!

harSon

Banned
He didn't break any tackles against the niners when we destroyed your shitty team. He did cry like a bitch about apparently being bounty'd by us tho

Great job destroying someone 1 week fresh from a high ankle sprain, the amount of pride it supplied your team with definitely had a part in carrying them to a Super Bowl victory last season.

eznark

Banned
Great job destroying someone 1 week fresh from a high ankle sprain, the amount of pride it supplied your team with definitely had a part in carrying them to a Super Bowl victory last season.

Do you ever get tired of making excuses for a rapist?

bionic77

I think the bigger question is which jersey are you going to wear tonight during the game? I know it's only preseason, but this one has got to tear you right down the middle!
Imagine the tension in their house watching their baby daughter to see which team she leans towards. The daughter herself is going to be confused when sees mommy cheering for the orange team and daddy cheering for the green team.

If she gravitates towards the Bungles I wonder who ez is going to beat first, the wife for installing these faulty values or the daughter for accepting them? In between the loving strokes of his belt ez is going to rue the fact that he spent all of his time online, playing games and watching baseball instead of teaching his kid white from wrong (or however they phrase it in Kentucky).

eznark

Banned
Imagine the tension in their house watching their baby daughter to see which team she leans towards. The daughter herself is going to be confused when sees mommy cheering for the orange team and daddy cheering for the green team.

If she gravitates towards the Bungles I wonder who ez is going to beat first, the wife for installing these faulty values or the daughter for accepting them? In between the loving strokes of his belt ez is going to rue the fact that he spent all of his time online, playing games and watching baseball instead of teaching his kid white from wrong (or however they phrase it in Kentucky).

Maybe if you punched your wife every once in awhile she'd give you your testicles back?

bionic77

Maybe if you punched your wife every once in awhile she'd give you your testicles back?
That excuse might work in Wisconsin but the laws are a little different on the east coast. For good or bad it is still illegal to hit a woman here.

:lol @ FMT taking pride in beating a gimp. I think we might still have won with a gimped Ben if your coach didn't inject your punter with enough steroids to satisfy an entire MLB team. Then again if my team just sucked massive balls for an entire decade I would probably act the same way too!

Milchjon

:jnc

effzee

Presenting the Straggler's Fantasy Football league.

Still want to play fantasy football with some gaffer's? It's not too late. Click the link to join!

LINK

Draft is set for 8/31 @ 5 pm eastern. I can probably move it, if necessary. The only requirement I have for joiners is to identify yourself when you join. Either make it obvious in your team name or post a note in the league.

JOIN. JOIN NOW!

I just joined thanks!

This is your best work yet.

That excuse might work in Wisconsin but the laws are a little different on the east coast. For good or bad it is still illegal to hit a woman here.

:lol @ FMT taking pride in beating a gimp. I think we might still have won with a gimped Ben if your coach didn't inject your punter with enough steroids to satisfy an entire MLB team. Then again if my team just sucked massive balls for an entire decade I would probably act the same way too!

1. Your team did suck balls for an entire decade: the 1980s

2. Roofles has always been a mental gimp. His physical disability just matched it for once. The rest of your team is full of gimps and idiots as well so it wasn't just Ben that we styled on

3. You should have said enough steroids to satisfy a 1970s steelers team. Remember the 70s when your team built a dynasty on cheating? The patriots learned it from you!

Wrayfield

2. Roofles has always been a mental gimp. His physical disability just matched it for once. The rest of your team is full of gimps and idiots as well so it wasn't just Ben that we styled on

3. You should have said enough steroids to satisfy a 1970s steelers team. Remember the 70s when your team built a dynasty on cheating? The patriots learned it from you!

In all fairness, the Chargers juiced even more yet with less success. That's what I call efficiency!

harSon

Banned

We went to the playoffs 4 times during our shitty decade, how many playoff appearances did you have during yours?

bionic77

1. Can't deny that. The 80s was awesome for pretty much everything as a kid, except football as a Steelers fan. Seeing Ohio own the division felt wrong to me, even as a kid I knew that that was not the way things were supposed to be.

2. Idiots always make the best athletes. Alex is a nice guy who is probably of average intelligence and that probably holds him back from being an average qb in this league. When Ben came into the league he was talking about winning 5 SBs and went 15-1 as a rookie (so even in his first year he had more success than Alexis' most successful season), some of that was physical talent, but a lot of that was the illogical confidence only an idiot can have. And thankfully that idiot plays for our team.

3. You crossed a line there FMT. I didn't want to say this, but Steve Young was a system qb and a fraud and he only won that one SB because the Niners abused the salary cap and bought their way to a championship. Even Trent Dilfer could have led that Niners team to a SB that year. The truth of the matter is that Aikman > Young. Aikman might be afraid of hot young girls that want to have sex with him, but he was more successful on the field and off of it. While Troy calls all of the big games on Fox, Young is stuck with the retards on ESPN.

4. Would you be surprised if Harbaugh was raping Alex? I get a very dirty Penn State vibe from that both brothers. We all know that Alex would never be able to fight him off with those tiny, tiny hands. I mean he can barely hold a football with them, no way he would be able to fight off an actual NFL quarterback. He already makes him hold his golf bag so I don't think any of us would be surprised if what started out as an aggressive handshake between the two after a long film study session turned into something very bad. Poor Alex. :(

Top Bottom