• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Day off work, ready for some footbaaallll
FUCK YOU KOLB

It's sucks so hard for Larry (and me, Larry his FF owner). I just need somebody to go in there and just throw the ball to Larry on every play.

Or trade Fitz to the Pats. He deserves a better class of QBs, we have 3 QBs better than what you guys have.

1. Can't deny that. The 80s was awesome for pretty much everything as a kid, except football as a Steelers fan. Seeing Ohio own the division felt wrong to me, even as a kid I knew that that was not the way things were supposed to be.

2. Idiots always make the best athletes. Alex is a nice guy who is probably of average intelligence and that probably holds him back from being an average qb in this league. When Ben came into the league he was talking about winning 5 SBs and went 15-1 as a rookie (so even in his first year he had more success than Alexis' most successful season), some of that was physical talent, but a lot of that was the illogical confidence only an idiot can have. And thankfully that idiot plays for our team.

3. You crossed a line there FMT. I didn't want to say this, but Steve Young was a system qb and a fraud and he only won that one SB because the Niners abused the salary cap and bought their way to a championship. Even Trent Dilfer could have led that Niners team to a SB that year. The truth of the matter is that Aikman > Young. Aikman might be afraid of hot young girls that want to have sex with him, but he was more successful on the field and off of it. While Troy calls all of the big games on Fox, Young is stuck with the retards on ESPN.

4. Would you be surprised if Harbaugh was raping Alex? I get a very dirty Penn State vibe from that both brothers. We all know that Alex would never be able to fight him off with those tiny, tiny hands. I mean he can barely hold a football with them, no way he would be able to fight off an actual NFL quarterback. He already makes him hold his golf bag so I don't think any of us would be surprised if what started out as an aggressive handshake between the two after a long film study session turned into something very bad. Poor Alex. :(

1. alex smith isn't of "average" intelligence. he had his 4 year degree at the age of 20 in economics. his problem is that he needs to completely understand an offensive system before he's comfortable whereas roofles doesn't understand football anyways so it doesn't matter. it's similar to their sexual encounters: alex is very polite and would never physically violate a woman against her will. meanwhile, does roofles understand no? does he know right and wrong? this is what we haven't figured out. we condemn him as a rapist (as we should) but does an absolute slob of a caveman like roofles even know what the fuck he is doing when he rapes?

2. but troy aikman is also currently getting fucked by joe buck so i'll take steve youngs career and post-career anyday!

3. you can't rape the willing! harbs saved alex's career and alex will be forever greatful

Godslay

Banned
Not only did you go defense in the 7th round (7th round?!), but you picked the Lions defense?

To be entirely fair, they were consistent in terms of fantasy points and did have a couple of very good weeks. There are worse defenses out there. Still not a 7th round pick though.

lols hardly. Harbaughs schtick will run out at some point.

wait, you honestly think that kubiak is a better coach than harbs? lol... Lol... LOLOLOL!

and what is harbaughs schtick? taking mediocre teams and making them great? developing QB's? winning games? i don't think those things will ever run out.

meanwhile kubiaks "schtick" ran out a long time ago but they keep giving him extensions! fucking incompetent texans. thankfully you guys play in the worst division in the league so you could probably crawl to 8 or 9 wins and get your wild card playoff loss in the books this year

Godslay

Banned
wait, you honestly think that kubiak is a better coach than harbs? lol... Lol... LOLOLOL!

and what is harbaughs schtick? taking mediocre teams and making them great? developing QB's? winning games? i don't think those things will ever run out.

meanwhile kubiaks "schtick" ran out a long time ago but they keep giving him extensions! fucking incompetent texans. thankfully you guys play in the worst division in the league so you could probably crawl to 8 or 9 wins and get your wild card playoff loss in the books this year

People seem to forget that Kubiak was on the hot seat last year. People wanted him fired irc.

i'll join any FF league you want!

Wasn't sure if you played FF, cool. Let me ask Chuckddd how many people are in that straggler league right now, don't care to play in anything over 12 people. I wasn't going to join it because I figure anyone I actually chat with in this thread was already in another league, but I'd have fun playing against you.

To be entirely fair, they were consistent in terms of fantasy points and did have a couple of very good weeks. There are worse defenses out there. Still not a 7th round pick though.

In keeper/auction leagues I seen K's and Defenses going up for bid first rounds

Wasn't sure if you played FF, cool. Let me ask Chuckddd how many people are in that straggler league right now, don't care to play in anything over 12 people. I wasn't going to join it because I figure anyone I actually chat with in this thread was already in another league, but I'd have fun playing against you.

i'm in plenty of FF leagues.... not sure if rors has a spot in our regular league or not! get at him!

minx

First online draft with others noobs, I think i have the best team and the best pick order:

R1-8 Chris Johnson TEN-RB

R2-13 Larry Fitzgerald ARI-WR

R3-28 Maurice Jones-Drew JAC-RB

R4-33 Dez Bryant DAL-WR

R5-48 Robert Griffin III WAS-QB

R6-53 Antonio Gates SD-TE

R7-68 Detroit Lions DET-DEF

R8-73 Stephen Gostkowski NE-K

R9-88 Willis McGahee DEN-RB

R10-93 Matt Schaub HOU-QB

R11-108 Nate Washington TEN-WR

R12-113 Laurent Robinson JAC-WR

R13-128 Michael Bush CHI-RB

R14-133 Ben Tate HOU-RB

R15-148 Mark Sanchez NYJ-QB (he gonna comes back, i am sure)

PPR league and notice that I've picked only one D.

I think he is trolling with this awful draft so that no one else will post their teams again. You can't SERIOUSLY think this is a good team. It's not even a good team in a 12 team draft.

Godslay

Banned
I think he is trolling with this awful draft so that no one else will post their teams again. You can't SERIOUSLY think this is a good team. It's not even a good team in a 12 team draft.

He's not, he was in the shirtless league and that draft was even worse. I don't think he knows the game well, being a French guy, but at least he tried.

Can't wait for Rodgers to lead me to fantasy glory this year

Me too. Packers leading rusher and passer so far.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
i'll join any FF league you want!

It's set for 14, just in case, but I suspect I'll have to cut it down to 10. Right now, there's 5 people in. Feel free to come in and get your rear end destroyed, fmt, just how you like it.

Greg

It's set for 14, just in case, but I suspect I'll have to cut it down to 10. Right now, there's 5 people in. Feel free to come in and get your rear end destroyed, fmt, just how you like it.
I'll join later if you still need numbers, but I don't want to take up a spot from someone that couldn't make it into the other league.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Berman and Pistachio dome on commentary tonight?

wnJpg.gif

squicken

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

SERIOUS TRADE WINDS Swirling! We're talking given up high pick for SERIOUS Vet/Starter!.. these deals often crumble n don't reach completion

What an awesome owner. Can't think of a downside to being a Colts fans

RBH

TV schedule for this week

Tonight - Arizona @ Tennessee - 8pm ET on ESPN

Friday - Chicago @ NY Giants - 8pm ET on CBS

Saturday - Indianapolis @ Washington - 4pm ET on NFL Network

Saturday - Houston @ New Orleans - 8pm ET on CBS

Sunday - San Francisco @ Denver - 4pm ET on FOX

Sunday - Carolina @ NY Jets - 8pm ET on NBC

Top Bottom