• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Talon

3. You crossed a line there FMT. I didn't want to say this, but Steve Young was a system qb and a fraud and he only won that one SB because the Niners abused the salary cap and bought their way to a championship. Even Trent Dilfer could have led that Niners team to a SB that year. The truth of the matter is that Aikman > Young. Aikman might be afraid of hot young girls that want to have sex with him, but he was more successful on the field and off of it. While Steve calls all of the big games on Fox, Young is stuck with the retards on ESPN.
leave-britney-alone-02.jpg

bionic77

I demand that Kordell Stewart be ranked in the above discussion!
Kordell was unstoppable until that racist piece of shit Shanahan and the Broncos discovered his one and only weakness, throwing the ball accurately more than 10 yards down the field.

He still was pretty decent even after everyone copied the Broncos recipe. And unlike those those other players he was also a really golf receiver so that automatically takes him out of the discussion.

cajunator

Banned
It appears that Oline coach Aaron Kromer will be the interim-interim HC for the Saints.
I'm not sure how he will do, but he made a pretty consistently competent Oline and that counts for something. The staff seems high on the guy but that's quite a jump up, even if it is only for six games. This is going to be an interesting year. Potentially heartbreaking, but it is what it is. Then again I could be worrying for nothing. Payton always had the offensive coaches in line and the defense does their own thing. Maybe it wont be too bad.

It appears that Oline coach Aaron Kromer will be the interim-interim HC for the Saints.
I'm not sure how he will do, but he made a pretty consistently competent Oline and that counts for something. The staff seems high on the guy but that's quite a jump up, even if it is only for six games. This is going to be an interesting year. Potentially heartbreaking, but it is what it is. Then again I could be worrying for nothing. Payton always had the offensive coaches in line and the defense does their own thing. Maybe it wont be too bad.

All I ask is that you beat the Niners.

cajunator

Banned
All I ask is that you beat the Niners.

I fucking hate the niners, but I respect what Harbaugh has done with that group. they won't be easy to beat. I'm sure the Saints could do it. The defense has got to play better and the offense needs to hold onto the ball. When Brees puts up 4 TD's in a game we should win the fucking game.

Sell out rules apply to pre-season games? Get fucked Goodell

It's ridiculous, isn't it? Then they try to point you to subscriptions for live feeds online. It''s the fucking pre-season! It's barely worth watching and is only done so by the hardcore that couldn't stand the break. Greedy fucks.

I fucking hate the niners, but I respect what Harbaugh has done with that group. they won't be easy to beat. I'm sure the Saints could do it. The defense has got to play better and the offense needs to hold onto the ball. When Brees puts up 4 TD's in a game we should win the fucking game.

Don't praise the Niners with FMT around. Hey FMT, do you play fantasy? We need more mediums to talk shit on <3

cajunator

Banned
It's ridiculous, isn't it? Then they try to point you to subscriptions for live feeds online. It''s the fucking pre-season! It's barely worth watching and is only done so by the hardcore that couldn't stand the break. Greedy fucks.

Don't praise the Niners with FMT around. Hey FMT, do you play fantasy? We need more mediums to talk shit on <3

I dunno man, FMT going full on apeshit for the niners is some of the best entertainment on this entire forum, perhaps on par with EZsnark and Bionics quarrels.

Wrayfield

Woah don't diss me some FMT now. Man mights be a bit delusional at at times, but he is one of the few who I think will support their team no matter what. Never understood the fecal bit tho....

I wasn't actually insulting FMT, he's my division rival bro.

Man, more and more players are reported to not play tonight. I know some of it is just due to precaution so they are ready for the reg season but yeesh. They really should just cut down on the pre-season and start the regular earlier.

BigAT

Jason McCourty getting paid by the Titans, good for him.

Adam Schefter &#8207;@AdamSchefter
Titans CB Jason McCourty signed a five-year, $43 million contract extension, including $20 million in guaranteed money and bonuses.

Titans CB Jason McCourty signed a five-year, $43 million contract extension, including $20 million in guaranteed money and bonuses.

Outperforming his brother, great for him.

K-19

Banned
First online draft with others noobs, I think i have the best team and the best pick order:

R1-8 Chris Johnson TEN-RB

R2-13 Larry Fitzgerald ARI-WR

R3-28 Maurice Jones-Drew JAC-RB

R4-33 Dez Bryant DAL-WR

R5-48 Robert Griffin III WAS-QB

R6-53 Antonio Gates SD-TE

R7-68 Detroit Lions DET-DEF

R8-73 Stephen Gostkowski NE-K

R9-88 Willis McGahee DEN-RB

R10-93 Matt Schaub HOU-QB

R11-108 Nate Washington TEN-WR

R12-113 Laurent Robinson JAC-WR

R13-128 Michael Bush CHI-RB

R14-133 Ben Tate HOU-RB

R15-148 Mark Sanchez NYJ-QB (he gonna comes back, i am sure)

PPR league and notice that I've picked only one D.

Striker

Same deal Corey Webster signed back in 2008.

Just realized, David Diehl's making $4M next season lol (after this year). He will be cut before he gets that amount.

First online draft with others noobs, I think i have the best team and the best pick order:

R4-33 Dez Bryant DAL-WR

R14-133 Ben Tate HOU-RB

........This is a terrible draft...notsureifserious

2-3 news guys who pick QB first.
So bad
What is this like a 10 person league? Nd stop taking your kickers and Ds so early smh. Nothing wrong with a good Qb in round 1 depending on the settings and number of people. I'm taking a Qb first found in my 16 person league
Edit: also I hate u!!

Godslay

Banned
Of course I don't know shit, but a kicker in the 8th round still seems kinda lolworthy

From what I have seen in most drafts kicker and defense go in the last two rounds. There are exceptions of course, if it is the later rounds and a proven defense is still around. I think in leagues with more players, it might be smart to grab a defense a bit earlier. Last year in my work's league, which only had 8 guys, I grabbed different defenses each week according to match ups. It worked fairly well, but I had a larger pool to pick from.

Such Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Stafford.

First two (Rodgers, Brady) are first rounders even in 4 pt passing TD leagues. The other two might be available in later rounds.

brentech

R4-33 Dez Bryant DAL-WR

R14-133 Ben Tate HOU-RB

Did you just choose the most recognizable names?

Chris Johnson coming off a shit year.
Larry Fitz will get some points, but his QBs are unreliable. Way more consistent WRs available out there.
MJD not even on the practice field yet.
Dez Bryant may or may not get his ass suspended this year.

If everyone gets their shit together, you could have a good team. As it stands, you could end up as a bottom feeder.

K-19

Banned
Did you just choose the most recognizable names?

Chris Johnson coming off a shit year.
Larry Fitz will get some points, but his QBs are unreliable. Way more consistent WRs available out there.
MJD not even on the practice field yet.
Dez Bryant may or may not get his ass suspended this year.

If everyone gets their shit together, you could have a good team. As it stands, you could end up as a bottom feeder.

For CJ, he was on my list but behind the two WRs, I don't know what shit happened but still I believe he could do something this year. LF, i hope, will receive all the few correct throw that skelton will do. MJD, seems to be quite solid anyway. Des Bryant, I don't know.

Godslay

Banned
For CJ, he was on my list but behind the two WRs, I don't know what shit happened but still I believe he could do something this year. LF, i hope, will receive all the few correct throw that skelton will do. MJD, seems to be quite solid anyway. Des Bryant, I don't know.

It's really hard to judge a draft anyways, due to not being able to see what picks were available when you took the other picks.

Top Bottom