• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

sonicmj1

It's set for 14, just in case, but I suspect I'll have to cut it down to 10. Right now, there's 5 people in. Feel free to come in and get your rear end destroyed, fmt, just how you like it.

I'll join later if you need to fill up, but for now I'll probably stick to my 8 person league where only 4 people know what they're doing. Last year I was able to pick Gronkowski up off the waiver wire halfway through the season.

greepoman

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

SERIOUS TRADE WINDS Swirling! We're talking given up high pick for SERIOUS Vet/Starter!.. these deals often crumble n don't reach completion

What an awesome owner. Can't think of a downside to being a Colts fans

Who's he hinting at? MJD?

jakncoke

Banned
First online draft with others noobs, I think i have the best team and the best pick order:

R1-8 Chris Johnson TEN-RB

R2-13 Larry Fitzgerald ARI-WR

R3-28 Maurice Jones-Drew JAC-RB

R4-33 Dez Bryant DAL-WR

R5-48 Robert Griffin III WAS-QB

R6-53 Antonio Gates SD-TE

R7-68 Detroit Lions DET-DEF

R8-73 Stephen Gostkowski NE-K

R9-88 Willis McGahee DEN-RB

R10-93 Matt Schaub HOU-QB

R11-108 Nate Washington TEN-WR

R12-113 Laurent Robinson JAC-WR

R13-128 Michael Bush CHI-RB

R14-133 Ben Tate HOU-RB

R15-148 Mark Sanchez NYJ-QB (he gonna comes back, i am sure)

PPR league and notice that I've picked only one D.

you're still drafting d/k way to high

Mrbob

Crabtree making a catch should be penalty enough on the Bengals defense.

Urlacher and Briggs are going to have to play touch football against GB smh.

Bowser

Presenting the Straggler's Fantasy Football league.

Still want to play fantasy football with some gaffer's? It's not too late. Click the link to join!

LINK

Draft is set for 8/31 @ 5 pm eastern. I can probably move it, if necessary. The only requirement I have for joiners is to identify yourself when you join. Either make it obvious in your team name or post a note in the league.

JOIN. JOIN NOW!

I just joined as Newton Ninja Turtles (damn max character limit, makes much more sense as "Teenage Newton Ninja Turtles").

squicken

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

Colts Fans..Your GM Mr Grigson isn't afraid to roll the dice n aggressively improve YOUR Indianapolis Colts..n my check book stands ready!

Go Griggs! Go Bob!

Godslay

Banned
Goddamn. Who needs a fantasy RB, when you have AGod.

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

Colts Fans..Your GM Mr Grigson isn't afraid to roll the dice n aggressively improve YOUR Indianapolis Colts..n my check book stands ready!

Go Griggs! Go Bob!

That has to be MJD. Who else would it be?

cajunator

Banned
Walteur I dont play fantasy football, but I do study the teams and honestly thats one of the worst drafts I have seen.
On the upside at least you didnt draft every player from your favorite team.
That list has way too many question marks.
Honestly Id refrain from even drafting any Saints players due to the uncertainty.

squicken

Blackmon still seems slow, but he's already a physical presence. In college he just went through people. Wonder how much that translates

Afrikan

So Packer fans.....seriously, why still put Aaron back out there? come on....come on.

Looking forward to facing him first game of the season.

effzee

Looking again at the Eagles schedule I am realizing they too have a brutal stretch in the middle of the season.

They play the following teams in a row starting WEEK 4

Giants
Steelers
Lions
Falcons
Saints
Cowboys

They would need to come out 3-3 from that to have a chance at the playoffs.

Oh they also play the Ravens week 2. Of course all division games are tough so another Cowboys and Giants game in addition to the above.

effzee

So Packer fans.....seriously, why still put Aaron back out there? come on....come on.

Looking forward to facing him first game of the season.

3rd preseason game is usually the dress rehearsal and many coaches like to see the starters play into the 3rd quarter.

i'm in plenty of FF leagues.... not sure if rors has a spot in our regular league or not! get at him!
I know I'm going to say DERP when you tell me, but who is rors? Long day at work, I'm still here and spacing.
I think he is trolling with this awful draft so that no one else will post their teams again. You can't SERIOUSLY think this is a good team. It's not even a good team in a 12 team draft.
Right? That's what I was trying to say. Not trying to be an ass hole but there is an awful lot wrong with that draft.
It's set for 14, just in case, but I suspect I'll have to cut it down to 10. Right now, there's 5 people in. Feel free to come in and get your rear end destroyed, fmt, just how you like it.

Thanks for the update, I can't join until I get home but if FMT is down, so am I. Need to figure out what the deal with that league he mentioned is too.

Top Bottom