• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Dragon

Banned
That was from a ref on roids which the NFL and its fans support for the most part

I can foresee a new level of vitriol for whomever these replacement refs fuck over.

If the woman ref fucks up, I can't imagine the amount of people banned in the thread for gender based insults.

eznark

Banned
There is nothing she could really fuck up except a holding call, and everyone fucks up holding calls.

That was from a ref on roids which the NFL and its fans support for the most part

I can foresee a new level of vitriol for whomever these replacement refs fuck over.

Unless it's the Patriots fans I doubt it. Steelers and Packers fans never have huge meltdowns and no one else posts enough. Big-E bitched a fuckton in the Olympics thread though, so I could see him doing it!

Sanjuro

There is nothing she could really fuck up except a holding call, and everyone fucks up holding calls.

Unless it's the Patriots fans I doubt it. Steelers and Packers fans never have huge meltdowns and no one else posts enough. Big-E bitched a fuckton in the Olympics thread though, so I could see him doing it!

I don't recall any meltdowns on our end, but I could be wrong.

eznark

Banned
I don't recall any meltdowns on our end, but I could be wrong.

I don't either, but there are a couple Patriots fans who get worked up. The dude with the Nathan Drake avatar comes to mind. Plus, you guys have the most bandwagon and drive-by fans (along with the Packers) and those folks seem to get more heated about officials.

Sanjuro

I don't either, but there are a couple Patriots fans who get worked up. The dude with the Nathan Drake avatar comes to mind. Plus, you guys have the most bandwagon and drive-by fans (along with the Packers) and those folks seem to get more heated about officials.

It's still weird. Few years ago it was just me for the most part.

Dragon

Banned

Lunchbox will jump in and Astrolad someone I'm sure.

eznark

Banned
Lunchbox counts as much as Nemesis. I'm not going to hold either one against their overall fan base. Same with that one Bears fan, mrblob or something. Everything he says is moronic.

The only call that really pissed me off was the phantom face mask call that was called against us in the Bengals game. That's not even a judgement call nor were the guys hands anywhere near the facemask. :jnc

Godslay

Banned
I know I came close to meltdowns a couple of times last year. The Detroit game was one, and the Pats game was another. The Detroit one was the result of a drive by pissing me off, and the Pats one was Sanjuro (I guess I didn't understand his humor at the time) and another drive by. It was tough bearing the burden of Tebow.

Mrbob

Yeah but at least you got to see voodoo magic happen on a weekly basis.

I still can't believe the Bears lost that game in Denver last season.

Milchjon

I know I came close to meltdowns a couple of times last year. The Detroit game was one, and the Pats game was another. The Detroit one was the result of a drive by pissing me off, and the Pats one was Sanjuro (I guess I didn't understand his humor at the time) and another drive by. It was tough bearing the burden of Tebow.

Brady's punt is one of my favorite memories of last season.

The whole game was great overall for me because it was one of very few where I wasn't fucking scared of our secondary choking a small lead away..

brentech

Yeah, I'm not a fan of these replacement refs, but it's not like the originals were perfect by any means.
The current ones just seem to make bonehead mistakes on what should be easy calls. Just doesn't seem like they're even college level officials at times. That doesn't mean that 80% of the game doesn't go off without a hitch, but at times you wonder if they're even watching or understand some fairly clear cut rules.

Milchjon

Isn't Lunchbox banned again?

And Sanjuro, NFL GAF as a whole just grew a lot over the past few years. Nearly all teams gained a few guys.

Godslay

Banned
Yeah but at least you got to see voodoo magic happen on a weekly basis.

I still can't believe the Bears lost that game in Denver last season.

Sure it was fun, but the amount of people dropping in and bagging on Tebow was absurd. Then he would turn it around every week. Some weeks I could ignore it, others I had to say something.

Brady's punt is one of my favorite memories of last season.

The whole game was great overall for me because it was one of very few where I wasn't fucking scared of our secondary choking a small lead away..

With that punt the Tebow era in Denver ended. I figured that Denver would get beat, but I didn't think it would be that bad. That was embarrassing, but then again it would have been worse if we lost to Sanchez in the playoffs :p

eznark

Banned
I missed the first quarter because the NFL blacked out the fucking replay on NFLN, how did Casey Hawyard look? He seemed fine from what I saw.

I missed the first quarter because the NFL blacked out the fucking replay on NFLN, how did Casey Hawyard look? He seemed fine from what I saw.
He got beat on a back-shoulder throw for a TD but besides that he didn't really stand out.

Walden and Moses were the only two guys who made an impression.

I dont think he was in the first quarter since Bush started. I saw him get beat on one play in particular but he wasn't a liability from what I saw.

I was watching on like a 640 x 480 screen though so those numbers were hard to pick out. I'll have to rewatch.

brentech

I still gotta watch it, was stuck with Arizona game. Only thing available to me last night. Must record and watch Packers when it replays.

Thankfully my cable provider just started offering 'Remote Record' so I can set up DVR from my phone or computer. Just found the game replaying at 4pm and locked it in. Badass.

I still gotta watch it, was stuck with Arizona game. Only thing available to me last night. Must record and watch Packers when it replays.

Thankfully my cable provider just started offering 'Remote Record' so I can set up DVR from my phone or computer. Just found the game replaying at 4pm and locked it in. Badass.

It is indeed badass. Been doing it for years on DirecTV.

They just added DirecTV Everywhere so I can actually watch NFL N and some other channels on my phone when Im away.

eznark

Banned
Any of you have a Canon s100 or a Sony RX100?

Trying to decide which p/s to get my wife. Also, if you have any knowledge of a good 35mm lens to get for a Canon DSLR I'd be grateful. This camera stuff is fucking mind boggling.

brentech

It is indeed badass. Been doing it for years on DirecTV.

They just added DirecTV Everywhere so I can actually watch NFL N and some other channels on my phone when Im away.

Yeah, I'm not willing to go with DTV.
The most amazing part of the whole thing is that my cable provider is the only non satellite provider available in my area......so the fact that they added the service with no competition is great. Problem is, last year they removed Redzone during week 15 out of no where and pissed me the hell off (have had it since I moved here at the end of 2009).
I'll probably have a phone argument coming during week 1 unless they put it back on. Right now instead of getting the 'off air' statement like it should, it says I don't have access.

Trying to decide which p/s to get my wife. Also, if you have any knowledge of a good 35mm lens to get for a Canon DSLR I'd be grateful. This camera stuff is fucking mind boggling.
Nope but I've used enough cameras to know that Sony's are garbage.

I use Canons regularly and they haven't done me wrong.

eznark

Banned
Nope but I've used enough cameras to know that Sony's are garbage.

I use Canons regularly and they haven't done me wrong.

The RX100 is supposed to be the best point and shoot ever made. It's getting nothing but rave reviews. I don't know if I want to spend $650 on a point and shoot though.

brentech

What's the DSLR, because 35mm lens might not be right for you unless you got a small sensor camera. Full sensor DSLRs go with 50mm to have a natural eye view.....35mm lens if you have a small sensor on Canon's since they multiply by 1.6

eznark

Banned
What's the DSLR, because 35mm lens might not be right for you unless you got a small sensor camera. Full sensor DSLRs go with 50mm to have a natural eye view.....35mm lens if you have a small sensor on Canon's since they multiply by 1.6

She has a nice Canon DSLR we got a few years ago. Not sure what the model is.

sigma 30 1.4

That's what a friends wife used and liked. I don't know what that group of alpha-numeric digits mean.

Talon

The RX100 is supposed to be the best point and shoot ever made. It's getting nothing but rave reviews. I don't know if I want to spend $650 on a point and shoot though.
Get an S100. If you're going to spend $600+ on a camera, you should buy a mirrorless 4/3 camera instead like a Sony NEX-5 or a real DSLR like the Canon T3i.

eznark

Banned
Get an S100. If you're going to spend $600+ on a camera, you should buy a mirrorless 4/3 camera instead like a Sony NEX-5 or a real DSLR like the Canon T3i.

1. I'm not really worried about the cost, it's a gift.
2. I tried to sell her on the mirrorless but she doesn't want the bulk of lenses. Just wants something between her DSLR and her phone. I think she has a T3 now.

Talon

1. I'm not really worried about the cost, it's a gift.
2. I tried to sell her on the mirrorless but she doesn't want the bulk of lenses. Just wants something between her DSLR and her phone. I think she has a T3 now.
Oh, get a S100 then (or even a S90) - those two are the point and shoot cameras that everyone raves about.

Sanjuro

I was just speaking the truth, mang. Now you have a legitimate quarterback to avoid that argument (He might be toast though).

Sanjuro

Isn't Lunchbox banned again?

And Sanjuro, NFL GAF as a whole just grew a lot over the past few years. Nearly all teams gained a few guys.

The NFL is like that in general outside of here as well. The casual user base from both general spectators and fantasy is absurd.

brentech

She has a nice Canon DSLR we got a few years ago. Not sure what the model is.

sigma 30 1.4

That's what a friends wife used and liked. I don't know what that group of alpha-numeric digits mean.

Do you know the general price of the camera. Like over $1500?
I have a Canon 50D, it's a small sensor DSLR which is cheaper than full frame cameras. My type usually runs around $1000 give or take a few hundred bucks depending on the kit.

I have a 50mm 1.8f lens which is actually the human perspective on a full frame lens, but it takes amazing pictures regardless.

Sigma is just some sort of offbrand lens that makes lenses for almost all major camera manufacturers. They are usually good quality, just check the reviews for particular lenses before buying, obviously. The 1.4 is the maximum aperture, the lower that number, the better the lens (usually).

K-19

Banned
A former Eagles RB died at 91: hall of famer Steve Van Buren. RIP.

Hall-of-Fame-running-back-Steve-Van-Buren-dies-QV24RBCU-x-large.jpg

Top Bottom