• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Mrbob

I gotta say, I love Cheating Pete for defying his owner like this. Matt Flynn destined for backup status forever. Cant feel that bad though. Getting paid what...6 million dollars this year to possibly do nothing?

evilhomer

I gotta say, I love Cheating Pete for defying his owner like this. Matt Flynn destined for backup status forever. Cant feel that bad though. Getting paid what...6 million dollars this year to possibly do nothing?

I don't think Paul Allen minds. I hear that guy has a decent amount of money.

TheFatOne

Yeah, but I also expected our D would show something.

Browns gotta Brown.
I'm not watching the game, but im not going to take anything away from this game. Last year they played the bucs and the d looked dominant. Mayo was unleashed etc... D will be better this year because the corners/safety can't be any worse than they were last season.

Sure I'll give you Fitz and the ST (largely because of Peterson). Wells has had flashes as well, from what I have seen, but he's nowhere near what Lynch is at the moment. The problem is that 1/3 of your team is decimated at the moment. The offense is complete shit, Fitz and Wells will suffer for it. Kolb has looked like he doesn't belong in the NFL, Skelton hasn't been much better.

Seattle has proven (so far, things can obviously change), that they are getting decent QB play, Lynch and Turbin look good, and their defense is serviceable. I haven't seen anything from their special teams that tells me that they are complete trash. That's why I said more complete. With a healthy oline, and a good QB it would be 'closer' or even in favor of Arizona. Fair enough?

Our other WR's outperformed SEA WR last year and will do so again this year. Roberts is looking better and should have a more successful year, especially when Floyd comes along and frees him up to take slot. Even Doucet trounces SEA WR's let alone Floyd when he comes along. Peterson is only one aspect of our ST. We had more FG blocks than any team in the league last year and we just drafted a FG blocking stud named Justin Bethel. He's already blocked a FG, an extra pt attempt, and a punt that he returned for a TD this pre-season. He got held twice in a row in the game against the Titans because he was about to block it (those that watched, remember when the kicker took three attempts before it counted? this is why) he's fast as hell as a gunner as well. We have a few other great gunners but I won't bore you with their names and obviously they can block as that is a large aspect of Peterson's success at returns. Ryan Williams will be a force this year and Beanie and Williams together will match just about any stud RB in the league (or at least they were set to before Brown went down). Our OL is better at run blocking, but Brown was a part of that.

Again, we are more complete than SEA, but the argument about where Peyton would be better off doesn't necessarily equate to that because OL is vitally important so I'd still understand the argument that he'd be better off over there. I just don't agree with the complete team statement.

Top Bottom