• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Rorschach

iLoBDmaZudOWR.gif

I like the one posted earlier because the clapping makes it funnier.
ibm3rb2KDM0y8N.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Aight gaf just finish my draft. I know no fantasy stuff here but I know I can get some real opinions about it in here. Note: We use defense players and had 2 flex spots. 12 person team

1. (11) Matthew Stafford
(Det - QB)
2. (14) Wes Welker
(NE - WR)
3. (35) Steven Jackson
(StL - RB)
4. (38) Ahmad Bradshaw
(NYG - RB)
5. (59) Dwayne Bowe
(KC - WR)
6. (62) Vernon Davis
(SF - TE)
7. (83) BenJarvus Green-Ellis
(Cin - RB)
8. (86) Sebastian Janikowski
(Oak - K)
9. (107) Malcom Floyd
(SD - WR)
10. (110) New York
(NYJ - DEF)
11. (131) Andy Dalton
(Cin - QB)
12. (134) Isaac Redman
(Pit - RB)
13. (155) James Laurinaitis
(StL - LB)
14. (158) Kendall Wright
(Ten - WR)
15. (179) Dallas Clark
(TB - TE)
16. (182) Charles Johnson
(Car - DE)
17. (203) Cincinnati
(Cin - DEF)
18. (206) Lawrence Tynes
(NYG - K)

2 d's and 2 k's seems like a mistake

mr2xxx

Banned
Aight gaf just finish my draft. I know no fantasy stuff here but I know I can get some real opinions about it in here. Note: We use defense players and had 2 flex spots. 12 person team

SMH at how horrible some of you guys draft, a kicker in the 8th, really? Not only that but 2 kickers because one shitty kicker isn't enough. Where do you guys hear about this draft a kicker strategy early? It baffles me, your draft was going good too, I mean I don't like Vernon Davis as a fantasy tight end but then boom you completely fucked up your draft. You start a DE, LB and DEF. and thought kicker is more important than these positions? The Jets D isn't that good and worth a 10th round spot either.

Milchjon

Can we get a GAF achievement system?

Participating in a circumcision thread: 100 Points
Participating in a tipping thread: 100 Points
Participating in a gun control thread: 100 Points
Participating in a fanboy discussion: 100 Points
Whining about the moderation: 200 points
Getting banned: 500 Points

Or something. Because I feel like I'm improving my GAFfer score all the time.
Feels bad, man.

ZZMitch

Feels bad, man.

You are good at it man. All Americans think guns are toys wooooo! You win!

SMH at how horrible some of you guys draft, a kicker in the 8th, really? Not only that but 2 kickers because one shitty kicker isn't enough. Where do you guys hear about this draft a kicker strategy early? It baffles me, your draft was going good too, I mean I don't like Vernon Davis as a fantasy tight end but then boom you completely fucked up your draft. You start a DE, LB and DEF. and thought kicker is more important than these positions? The Jets D isn't that good and worth a 10th round spot either.

Reason Sebass got picked up early, IMO easy avg more than 10 pts a week. We get bonuses for long FG's. I wanted to draft Giants D but they're all banged up. 49er D went early in the draft.

Thx for the comments. Thats why I posted it here.

E: Extra DEF and D is for the byes. Only allowed 20 moves all season

Sorry heres how it goes

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
WR/RB/TE
WR.RB/TE
K
DEF
D

7 Bench players

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Any chance we can move our draft time to earlier that same day? Say around 4-5pm instead? Will be at a wedding later.

If not no biggie I'll rank my players and let the cpu pick.

It's already at 5pm, isn't it? Or are you an iggles fan on the west coast?

Milchjon

You are good at it man. All Americans think guns are toys wooooo! You win!

Haha, yeah, I got caught up in that, which inspired this. Won't happen again.

I also didn't say "all Americans", and I said "partly", referring to him using the term "recreational use". If recreational use doesn't refer to playing around with them, I dunno.

But let's not take that here

WedgeX

Banned
I'll just leave this hear for all you Rams fans.

iPhBlNdtWJ6Fa.jpg

Reason Sebass got picked up early, IMO easy avg more than 10 pts a week. We get bonuses for long FG's. I wanted to draft Giants D but they're all banged up. 49er D went early in the draft.

Thx for the comments. Thats why I posted it here.

E: Extra DEF and D is for the byes. Only allowed 20 moves all season

Sorry heres how it goes

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
WR/RB/TE
WR.RB/TE
K
DEF
D

7 Bench players

When going for general D players, going after the leaders in tackling is a good bet week-to-week.

Feels bad, man.

Getting banned will result in a $100.000 fine.

squicken

I'll just leave this hear for all you Rams fans.

[IG]http://i.minus.com/iPhBlNdtWJ6Fa.jpg[/IMG]

When going for general D players, going after the leaders in tackling is a good bet week-to-week.

Isn't that a Seau-SD jersey? Pfft. Even I would never lifelong the Chargers

Dutch Goodell's power cannot be contained to just the Shirtless thread. He is the all seeing eye of NFL GAF.

All of NeoGAF, all of the internet, all of the world. If your daughter or son is mad about getting a sandwich with just jelly and no peanut butter and he/she contacts me, then you will get fined.

Damn, repping two teams at once. Not even snoopy dog would be so bold.

Snoop Dog Lion Dog or whatever his name is now.

Godslay

Banned
All of NeoGAF, all of the internet, all of the world. If your daughter or son is mad about getting a sandwich with just jelly and no peanut butter and he/she contacts me, then you will get fined.

Who in the fuck makes jelly sandwiches? No peanut butter? Is that some kind of German delicacy?

The power has corrupted you.

:jnc

Doomsayer

I haven't got to watch much preseason outside of the 49ers.

This should be fun.

I want to see the Redskins far more than the Colts. The Redskins will probably be able to compete for a playoff spot if RGIII is solid. They have talent across the board, they just needed that consistency under center last year.

The Colts are going to win ~4 games if they are lucky. They just don't have enough talent.

squicken

I haven't got to watch much preseason outside of the 49ers.

This should be fun.

I want to see the Redskins far more than the Colts. The Redskins will probably be able to compete for a playoff spot if RGIII is solid. They have talent across the board, they just needed that consistency under center last year.

The Colts are going to win ~4 games if they are lucky. They just don't have enough talent.

I'm not petty enough to collect posts like this and make everyone eat crow . . . but the Colts are far more likely to make the playoffs and will win more games.

Doomsayer

I'm not petty enough to collect posts like this and make everyone eat crow . . . but the Colts are far more likely to make the playoffs and will win more games.

Really? I just don't see it. They have no weapons on offense and the defense is still old and undersized.

What do you see?

Garcon has serious gator arms sometimes.

Whoa whoa whoa, what the fuck? Manusky coordinates the Colts D? lol

eznark

Banned
he has looked great but lets remember a few things:

1. he did this against the chiefs.... the same chiefs team that made sam grampsford look like a hall of famer last week
2. he hasn't played a regular season game
3. he is actually legally defined as a "little person"
4. he is a filthy seachicken

all joking aside he has shown some potential. i hope the seachickens start him because i guarantee there will be enough growing pains early that they will be out of the division race late! but i'd probably take him over noodle arm flynn. for once the NFL was smart and didn't give the packers anything for a shitty backup. i guess only the eagles have the ability to fleece teams!

Jesus you are insecure

squicken

Really? I just don't see it. They have no weapons on offense and the defense is still old and undersized.

What do you see?

Reggie Wayne is still good. No longer great. The Clemson TE looks good. Fleener could still come on. But really, by the end of the year I think Luck will be considered a top 10 QB. People have been talking about him since high school. He's the next Peyton Manning

As far as the team record, it's really a function of division and conference. The AFC is weak, the AFCS in particular. While the NFCE is tough, and a WC is pretty unlikely

Doomsayer

Reggie Wayne is still good. No longer great. The Clemson TE looks good. Fleener could still come on. But really, by the end of the year I think Luck will be considered a top 10 QB. People have been talking about him since high school. He's the next Peyton Manning

As far as the team record, it's really a function of division and conference. The AFC is weak, the AFCS in particular. While the NFCE is tough, and a WC is pretty unlikely

Fair enough. You can have a top 10 QB and not do much though, look at the Cowboys.

The NFCE is not as tough as people make it out to be. Didn't the Redskins beat the Giants twice last year?

squicken

Goddamn, RGIII has a fucking arm.

He's definitely good. It sucked for the Rams that they simply couldn't trade Bradford. Would obviously rather have RG3. Redskins have a good D as well. Just think it will be tough for them. If you look at the Colts schedule you'll seem a lot more easy games

edit: still bitter Rams targeted Finnegan instead of Garcon. so stupid

Couple injury updates from Coughlin today:

- Prince has a moderate high ankle sprain. Coughlin says "these things take longer than we'd like" to recover. Which means, he won't make the opener. He said an outside solution "may" be a possibility but an inside solution is where he's going (i.e. Michael Coe will likely start). Coughlin said that "concerned is being modest" about his feelings towards the CB situation right now.
- Kiwi is sore but it's likely that he'll make the opener with the groin sprain.
- Some good news: Beatty has put together 4 good days now and it looks like he'll be doing individual drills this week and they'll see where he is. There's a possibility he could practice and make the opener (god we need him at LT badly).
- Marvin Austin has had a "little setback" which has clouded his back injury and when he's likely to return. (Prince and Marvin can't stay fucking healthy!)
- T2 posted that his goal is to make it back by the opener but Coughlin shot down that down real quick. Says "according to what I'm reading, that's not likely". 3-8 week recovery for him and he's going into week 4. We'll see (doubtful).

Top Bottom