• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Pimpwerx

I was at the game last night. The only chance we got to sing the fight song was at the end of the 3rd. Not because of a TD though.

Bess should be our #1 or #2 WR while Hartline heals. Instead, Philbin is keeping him in the slot and starting two guys who can't get separation or catch the damn ball. I was yelling so loud at Naanee, from the first dropped pass.

Fasano was very disappointing. I hope it's just rust, because he was very reliable last season. No excuse for those drops, because it wasn't even raining.

I said it before and I'll say it again...Philbin needs to start Vontae Davis. There is no excuse for that bum Marshall starting ahead of him, NONE. Marshall couldn't cover his own shadow, whereas Tae was one of our best cover guys last season. Hell, the last 2 seasons. I was fussing all during the first half at how Philbin was allowing our defense to be compromised by playing that turd so long. There was a deep pass by ATL that should easily have been picked off because it was underthrown into double-coverage. I can forgive the safety for watching the man, since he'd already blown by Marshall, but Marshall didn't even make the play on the ball despite trailing his man. Unforgivable.

This season is gonna suck hard. I'm really not happy about our chances. PEACE.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Its been a while since I've stayed in the states but oh my goodness the portion sizes are huge for the small amount of money you pay!

Also I made sure to try those doritos locos tacos...I see why Freeman got fat. Those things are amazing!

Godslay

Banned
peypey isn't elite anymore so stop trying to make yourself feel better! meanwhile the niners have an elite qb already: tolzien

I'm going to bed. Peyton will always be elite, history has already been written. The question is now can he become legendary and end his career like John did.

Damit man. Davin Joseph actually has a torn patellar tendon and not an ACL. Is that better or worse than an ACL? Cadillac ruptured his patellar and he still wasnt 100% more than a full year later.
Our RB Ryan Williams did his patella in week 2 pre season last year and returned week 2 pre season this year. Guess the recovery time is an individual thing

Our RB Ryan Williams did his patella in week 2 pre season last year and returned week 2 pre season this year. Guess the recovery time is an individual thing

Must be the difference between a tear and a rupture. Both of Cadillacs injuries were ruptures.

Also, Carson Palmer continues to be an interception machine. Crazy as it sounds, the Raiders may be better off with Pryor. Maybe they should trade to get Gradkowski back :D

cajunator

Banned
A win is a win.
Im happy with it. Defense bent and broke sometimes but they did swarm the ball carriers and get turnovers. Offense still looks ridiculous.
I like our chances.

ChanHuk

Banned
Must be the difference between a tear and a rupture. Both of Cadillacs injuries were ruptures.

Also, Carson Palmer continues to be an interception machine. Crazy as it sounds, the Raiders may be better off with Pryor. Maybe they should trade to get Gradkowski back :D

You're a horrible couch GM/fan. Leinhart is a better QB right now than Pryor and I like Pryor. Palmer is a gunslinger who makes idiotic plays sometimes. But he can make every throw you ask of him. Let him get through the wrinkles of the offense, for fuck sakes it is preseason. He also doesn't have his starting center. Alex Parson has been getting blown up every single snap, Lil Wiz needs to be back week 1 or else we're in trouble.

WedgeX

Banned
Whew

Leshoure looked kinda...eh. I'll have to see more. He seemed rather slow

He never seemed to lose yardage, which was nice. Looked like he broke a tackle or two and carried some defenders, which is good since he's supposed to be our bruiser of a back. More will be nice though.

lol remember this guys?

NYPOST-thumb.jpg

Terrelle Pryor is up next to perform his comedy act. Guy is hilarious. You should tune in.

You post this almost any other week and you would probably be right, but you did it on the night he went 3/5, 137 yards, 2 passing TD's, and 90 yards rushing on 5 carries with a rushing TD.......good call!! lol

The third preseason game is when teams usually play their starters into the third quarter, but according to Jeff Legwold of The Denver Post, Manning hinted that he could play less than originally planned against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.

don't fear the reaper peypey!

Palmer is a gunslinger who makes idiotic plays sometimes. But he can make every throw you ask of him. Let him get through the wrinkles of the offense, for fuck sakes it is preseason. He also doesn't have his starting center.

He can reliable connect with every player on defense. Palmer has a well documented history of throwing a shit load of interceptions.

And dont EVER call me a Raiders fan again. I may not be tall, or rich, or particularly good looking, but damit at least I'm not a Raiders fan!

Truly101 said:
I'm not 100% sure Eli is there yet, but he's certainly very good. PLEASE GIANTS FANS DON'T KILL MEEEEEEEEEEE.......
Nothing to kill you over. I think most Giants fans are realistic about Eli despite popular belief and the media stories about him since the Super Bowl win. I think he flashes elite talent/skill. Recently more often than not. I think he has elite pocket presence and when the game is on the line he shows the poise/awareness/ability that puts him in a class alongside the best in the game. I mean when you have a QB that can make this throw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9no5Z5COy0

Along with that though, you still have inconsistencies. He's one season removed from throwing 25 interceptions and he still displays a propensity for some boneheaded decision making at times. I cringe when he throws off his back foot. He has the arm strength to get away with it at times but it leads to bad things more than I care for.

I want to see Eli play at the level he did in 2009 and 2011 from here on out. If he can maintain that consistency and keep the interceptions to a minimum then I don't think there's any question of his being "elite".

bluemax

Banned
Three of those teams had insane defenses (Bucs, Steelers, Ravens). So if you don't have an elite QB, you need one of the best defenses in the last twenty years.

One of those teams had an elite defense, a terrible QB and a shit ton of help from the refs!

Striker

Nothing to kill you over. I think most Giants fans are realistic about Eli despite popular belief and the media stories about him since the Super Bowl win. I think he flashes elite talent/skill. Recently more often than not. I think he has elite pocket presence and when the game is on the line he shows the poise/awareness/ability that puts him in a class alongside the best in the game. I mean when you have a QB that can make this throw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9no5Z5COy0
More telling is, how many QB's would be more afraid to make the throw? The Ryan's of the world would turtle up or check down for a 3 yard gain.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'll be happy if the Falcons just get the wild card and lose badly again. Maybe then theyll cut Ryan and Fire Smittyball. I am worried tho because blank wants a new stadium so we might win A game. The Braves need a retractable roof stadium, not the Falcons.

squicken

Watched all of first team's drives. Made a few gifs. First two are just comical

imeKO1NhGwzHp.gif

ibxHspOvPCdUHU.gif

Early in the game. Bradford's a bum, but I can understand how why he gets so flaky. He thinks he has this picked up, but the RT just doesn't block the right man.

iFDy4wghCs3QL.gif

Next possession, first pass play. Just immediate penetration allowed by LG. Kind of lazy with his feet. Takes too long. Can't step into throw. Sails

iH0Rz5watANd7.gif

Final possession. Back shoulder throw. Should have been lower, but the WRs have to catch these. 5 passes not caught that WRs got two hands on.

iFFDwoEVFO1GJ.gif

Pettis catches that and it's an okay evening. Instead they get to 4th down where Bradford makes an awful throw. But alas, he'll always be limited

iAhn42DWOULmC.gif

Milchjon

Fucking :jnc at the first one. You can see how No 17 fully expects to go down, but no one wraps him up. I'm sorry, squicken. Also thanks for the gif work.

Wrayfield

#21 in the first one is clearly afraid of contact. At this level, this is crazy. I mean, not many CBs are good at it, but at least they dive at the ankles or such shit. The other dude just doesn't wrap him up.

And yeah, Luck really looks like the real thing.

sonicmj1

Using Gamepass to watch the Rams/Cowboys game, I was hoping to get some sense of how the Cowboys offense performed, but all I got was an awareness of just how awful the Rams secondary was.

It was amusing watching Marshall Faulk point out the manifold ways in which Janoris Jenkins blows his cover assignments. And that first .gif is just embarrassing.

Top Bottom