• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

cdyhybrid

Oh man check those zingers out, gauging by the level of them i'm surprised you found time out of making fun of peoples mums and black people on Xbox live to get on GAF.

I don't have to make fun of peoples' moms because I usually win. I only make fun of them when they're fans of another NFC West team or Pac-12 team.

h3ro

Re-watching the Giants/Bears game from a few nights ago... Where the hell has this Ramses Barden been?!

Really hope he can sustain this.

bionic77

Sounds like DeCastro's done for the year. Time to break out the snowboard!
Not a big deal. Our line might be loaded with washed up guys and rejects from other teams, but we have two things going for us. Adams can't get any worse and also these replacement refs can barely find their whistles so we should be able to get away with holding on every play. If they let our guys hold then I think the line might just be average.

RBH

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has agreed to strict guidelines from team officials regarding his conduct away from the field.

The guidelines Bryant agreed to took effect Aug. 23 when the team returned to Dallas after three weeks of training camp in California, according to sources.

Sources say some of the rules Bryant must abide are as follows:

• A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;

• No drinking alcohol.

• He can't attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.

• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.

• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.

• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.

Bryant's adviser, David Wells, will hire the security team for the wide receiver.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...here-strict-team-mandated-guidelines-behavior

squicken

#21 in the first one is clearly afraid of contact. At this level, this is crazy. I mean, not many CBs are good at it, but at least they dive at the ankles or such shit. The other dude just doesn't wrap him up.

And yeah, Luck really looks like the real thing.

Jenkins had one of the worst games I've ever seen a rookie CB not named Kareem Jackson have. They pulled him after the 1Q. He had two really bad blown coverages, and on that play, just didn't care about tackling. I do think their defense will be okay, but it's also possible that letting the 27 year old son of Gregg Williams call the defense is a mistake

I've read that Irsay is targeting a CB with the whole big trade talk.

I can think of 1 CB who wants money and who is pretty good. Please trade for Revis, Irsay!

harSon

Banned
ESPN is saying might just be a MCL and possible he could miss just half the season.

You can never tell from videos though. Hopefully the MRI is good news.

I tore my ACL and it is really painful and the surgery and recovery suck balls.

I tore my ACL and MCL during a football practice scrimmage by my own fucking teammate, and that was the most painful shit in my life. I teared the fuck up. I don't know how these NFL players walk off the field and shit... I was down for the count.

jakncoke

Banned
I tore my ACL and MCL during a football practice scrimmage by my own fucking teammate, and that was the most painful shit in my life. I teared the fuck up. I don't know how these NFL players walk off the field and shit... I was down for the count.

painkillers and prob alcohol :p

squicken

Knowing the opponent's entire playbook helped.

Those Bucs teams with Dungy had amazing defenses. They also had Shaun King and scored like 5 points a game. Gruden really did a great job with very limited offensive players, and knew enough to stay out of Kiffin's way. If he ever comes back, his team just needs to make sure he has no say in personnel

Knowing the opponent's entire playbook helped.

The Raiders were a joke of an opponent for the Super Bowl. We didnt win because of Gruden or Robbins going nuts or anything like that. We beat them for the same reason the Eagles would have beaten them, we were better. The NFC championship game was the real SB.

The Raiders were a joke of an opponent for the Super Bowl. We didnt win because of Gruden or Robbins going nuts or anything like that. We beat them for the same reason the Eagles would have beaten them, we were better. The NFC championship game was the real SB.

I'm not a raiders fan obviously but they were pretty god damn good. They lost because of coaching. If they had gruden they win that Super Bowl. The bucs wouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl without gruden either

squicken

Thinking about picking up a Nexus 7. Kind of a spur of the moment thing. Would be nice to have around home I'm thinking.

I too am thinking about it but it's crazy not to wait a few weeks to see what Apple does. I'm not an Apple fanboy or anything close to it, but there are some build quality issues right now with the Nexus 7.

brentech

I too am thinking about it but it's crazy not to wait a few weeks to see what Apple does. I'm not an Apple fanboy or anything close to it, but there are some build quality issues right now with the Nexus 7.

Apples price point won't be anywhere near Google's device, so I'm not all that interested. While I don't like buying shitty cheap products, I also don't spend extra money to spend money.

I'm not a raiders fan obviously but they were pretty god damn good. They lost because of coaching. If they had gruden they win that Super Bowl. The bucs wouldn't have made it to the Super Bowl without gruden either

I'm not saying coaching didnt make a difference. I'm saying the Bucs didnt win just because they had the guy that coached the Raiders the year before. The eagles would have beaten the raiders too. Just not as badly as the bucs did. That Bucs D had two first ballot hall of famers and three near hall of famers on it. IMO that bucs D is the best pass defense in history. Pass rush coming from Sapp and Simeon Rice together with a secondary with no weaknesses. That pass rush had Gannon so jacked up in the head that he started diving to the ground with no contact like Chris Everette in the first quarter.

squicken

Apples price point won't be anywhere near Google's device, so I'm not all that interested. While I don't like buying shitty cheap products, I also don't spend extra money to spend money.

I completely agree with you as far as Apple and it's notebooks and PCs. But as far as their tablets and phones, they are very good relative values to their Android counterparts. I say this as only ever having owned iPhones and an Apple IIe

I'm not saying coaching didnt make a difference. I'm saying the Bucs didnt win just because they had the guy that coached the Raiders the year before. The eagles would have beaten the raiders too. Just not as badly as the bucs did. That Bucs D had two first ballot hall of famers and three near hall of famers on it. IMO that bucs D is the best pass defense in history. Pass rush coming from Sapp and Simeon Rice together with a secondary with no weaknesses. That pass rush had Gannon so jacked up in the head that he started diving to the ground with no contact like Chris Everette in the first quarter.

i dont think they necessarily won because gruden was the raiders coach the year before, but if the raiders had gruden and the bucs had mariccui (remember this rumor!?) i think the game would've been a lot closer

squicken

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
ColtsFans pay hard earned $ 2c their team play,they make the game! So I'll update them as I see fit while protecting sanctity of operations!

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
If u don't like it buy ur own team and try to make the playoffs 9 seasons n a row n put together 7 straight 12 win seasons n a row as Owner!

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
U can do all your judgmental chirpin' U want,it's not about subjective opinions...it what you DO n what your track record shows! CHECKMATE!

Fuck yes CHECKMATE BITCHES!

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
ColtsFans pay hard earned $ 2c their team play,they make the game! So I'll update them as I see fit while protecting sanctity of operations!

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
If u don't like it buy ur own team and try to make the playoffs 9 seasons n a row n put together 7 straight 12 win seasons n a row as Owner!

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
U can do all your judgmental chirpin' U want,it's not about subjective opinions...it what you DO n what your track record shows! CHECKMATE!

how did a 12 year old girl become the owner of an NFL team?

jakncoke

Banned
Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay

lol he thinks he got swag. bitch you rode peytons jock and was his gimp bitch in the basement.

The Grey one complaining about the turf for injuries

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger blames the surface at Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo for the injury to his teammate, David DeCastro.

DeCastro, the guard the Steelers selected in the first round of this year’s draft, suffered what the Steelers fear is a severe knee injury against the Bills. And Roethlisberger said afterward that he doesn’t think DeCastro would have suffered that injury on a grass field.

“It’s just FieldTurf — this is a great field, but FieldTurf is just killing guys because they can’t get their feet out of the ground,” Roethlisberger said on NFL Network after the game. “It’s just another reason we should get rid of FieldTurf.”

Come on Ben, this turf just gives you more opportunities to exaggerate just how hurt you are so you can "fight through them" and be a hero!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Pretty much thats how I feel.
I know the offense will beast and the defense will struggle. Just get the season started before any more players go down.

Defense needs work but turnovers were the big problem. A muffred return and a fumble cost us two TDs. I liked seeing Cameron Jordan do work though.

brentech

I completely agree with you as far as Apple and it's notebooks and PCs. But as far as their tablets and phones, they are very good relative values to their Android counterparts. I say this as only ever having owned iPhones and an Apple IIe
Yea. I got an iPhone myself and I get what you're saying.
As for a tablet my needs just don't match up to the iPad price range. I only plan to use at home or in-laws. Having an iPhone I don't care to have a 3G/4G tablet. Just a simple web browser that's more easily portable than my notebook. Tis all I'll be buying it for.

Bowser

As for a tablet my needs just don't match up to the iPad price range. I only plan to use at home or in-laws. Having an iPhone I don't care to have a 3G/4G tablet. Just a simple web browser that's more easily portable than my notebook. Tis all I'll be buying it for.

The 7.85" iPad Mini set to debut later this year is rumored to be priced to compete with the Kindle Fire / Nexus 7 (of course, this could mean anywhere from $199 to $299, IMO).

Also, Ravens cut Billy Cundiff this morning. I'm sure B-Larry's happy about that

squicken

Yeah that's all I want a tablet for as well. The 10 inch monsters I have no interest in. I'm just holding off to see the particulars on Apple's 7 inch tablet. I've owned a Kindle Fire and want something that is less heavy than that

LJ11

The Grey one complaining about the turf for injuries

Come on Ben, this turf just gives you more opportunities to exaggerate just how hurt you are so you can "fight through them" and be a hero!

Pouncey was so bad last night, didn't know who to double. On the replay last night it looked like DeCastro was expecting help, none came, Dareus just bull rushed right through and DeCastro was off balance.

The 7.85" iPad Mini set to debut later this year is rumored to be priced to compete with the Kindle Fire / Nexus 7 (of course, this could mean anywhere from $199 to $299, IMO).

Also, Ravens cut Billy Cundiff this morning. I'm sure B-Larry's happy about that

$199 iPad would kill any other tablets

ChanHuk

Banned
Thinking about picking up a Nexus 7. Kind of a spur of the moment thing. Would be nice to have around home I'm thinking.

Playing Nexus 7 roulette is fun. I went through 4 of them before I called it quits. I can't recommend a device with such horrible build quality. It's a good experience until you realize you bought a defective product.

Milchjon

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, he doesn't deserve this. A true hero.

glitterfy2121057725B81.gif

Top Bottom