• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Bowser

This is the first I've heard of Kraft's girlfriend. I guess it really does pay to be rich and widowed.

As a Panthers fan, I'm not sold on Newton. I wish they would have tanked another year and drafted Luck instead.

I'm not the only person that feels that way. He's got attitude problems and I guarantee you he will get injured at some point this season. I don't care how big he is. Not to mention that he is a QB and he isn't that great at, you know, throwing.

Power isn't an issue. His accuracy is terrible. He threw quite a bit of interceptions last year. He's been fumbling the ball in pre season too.

His attitude problems were well documented last year. Pouting on the bench when the Panthers didn't win. Lashing out at teammates. He even said that he was a bad teammate and got into it with coaches. Win the guy isn't winning he acts like a toddler to anyone and everyone. Not to mention his character issues. Yeah, I'd take Luck all day every day.

APjuY.gif

lol wtf? Nolan Nawrocki, is that you? You gonna tell me Newton has a fake smile?

We endured Jimmy Clausen and Matt Moore, were gifted with Cam, and you "aren't sold on him" after arguably the greatest rookie season in NFL history?

Us1CD.gif

Dude wants to win

He is basically Randell/Vick part 2

Both proved with talent around them they can win

Also Cam was great his rookie preseason as give Luck a of being on a crappy team before you declare him teammate of the forever

i think cam is a really good player but can you think of a #1 pick QB who had a better supporting cast in league history in his first year? MAYBE peyton, i'd have to look at the colts roster in 98 or whenever it was

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What has Vick won other than time off due to injuries and a lessened sentence for fighting dogs?
Had some injuries but has been pretty damn good for the Eagles

Damn shame you don't appreciate the rare player you have

APjuY.gif

lol wtf? Nolan Nawrocki, is that you? You gonna tell me Newton has a fake smile?

We endured Jimmy Clausen and Matt Moore, were gifted with Cam, and you "aren't sold on him" after arguably the greatest rookie season in NFL history?

Us1CD.gif

I don't care about stats. The stats argument is the fucking worst argument in professional sports. Is he a winner? No, not so far. A pouter? Yes. A person that has a past of character issues? Definitely. You can try to dispute it, but I won't be listening.

Blackace

I don't care about stats. The stats argument is the fucking worst argument in professional sports. Is he a winner? No, not so far. A pouter? Yes. A person that has a past of character issues? Definitely. You can try to dispute it, but I won't be listening.

Oh...

Right...

Blackace

Cam Newton = Michael Vick comparison is terrible.

They are both black though, so there is always that.
Cam is a better QB than Vick was at this point he is built closer to MCNAIR or DANTE

But does remind me of a stronger Randell

Bowser

Yeah, it was Cam's fault we lost all those games. Never mind the fact that we were tied or leading at half time in 11 of the 16 games (and within one score at half in 15 of the 16). Never mind the fact that we fielded one of the 10 worst passing defenses in the Super Bowl era (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...storylines/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t12_a0). No, it wasn't our defense, it was Cam's past character issues and his pouting that led to all those losses, right?

Get off your high horse.

Sanjuro

Cam is a better QB than Vick was at this point he is built closer to MCNAIR or DANTE

But does remind me of a stronger Randell

The point is Vick was never a better quarterback than Cam to this point.

I would say he is closer to the QBs mentioned there though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I agree. Cam Newton for Tim Tebow sounds like a fair trade.

cam reminds me of the following qb's:

donovan mcnabb
michael vick
warren moon
troy smith
dennis dixon
colin kaepernick
josh johnson
charlie batch
josh freeman
steve mcnair
aaron brooks
tony banks
doug williams
pat white
byron leftwich
joe webb
nate davis
dante culpepper
seneca wallace
david garrard
terrell pryor
vince young
tavaris jackson
russell wilson

Sanjuro

donovan mcnabb
michael vick
warren moon
troy smith
dennis dixon
colin kaepernick
josh johnson
charlie batch
josh freeman
steve mcnair
aaron brooks
tony banks
doug williams
pat white
byron leftwich
joe webb
nate davis
dante culpepper
seneca wallace
david garrard
terrell pryor
vince young
tavaris jackson
russell wilson

Wrong. He reminds me more of Michael Bishop. Guy threw a hail mary in preseason when it counted!*

It was regular season. Legend.

Nori Chan

so Tebow is better than cam

confirmed I guess

Blackace

donovan mcnabb
michael vick
warren moon
troy smith
dennis dixon
colin kaepernick
josh johnson
charlie batch
josh freeman
steve mcnair
aaron brooks
tony banks
doug williams
pat white
byron leftwich
joe webb
nate davis
dante culpepper
seneca wallace
david garrard
terrell pryor
vince young
tavaris jackson
russell wilson

No Kordell Stewart? fail

And what QB would you compare him to if you had to?

Blackace

Tebow went to the playoffs last year and he has a better chance of making it to the playoffs than Cam does this year.

Because he played for a better team than Cam? That's why the Panthers were able to draft him...

Tebow went to the playoffs last year and he has a better chance of making it to the playoffs than Cam does this year.

lol didn't you say you were a panthers fan? i'm a fan of self loathing but why do you hate your team so much?

and if i honestly had to compare cam to anyone it would be to dante culpepper. and not because they are both black! culpepper was a beast before he got hurt so it's not an insult to cam

Because he played for a better team than Cam? That's why the Panthers were able to draft him...

As it was stated earlier, Cam played on a very good team. The Panthers are not total garbage. He has a top ten WR to play with, two great RBs, a decent tight end, and a decent offensive line. The Panthers were likely better than Denver last year, but the Panthers have to contend with both New Orleans and Atlanta.

Blackace

lol didn't you say you were a panthers fan? i'm a fan of self loathing but why do you hate your team so much?

and if i honestly had to compare cam to anyone it would be to dante culpepper. and not because they are both black! culpepper was a beast before he got hurt so it's not an insult to cam

He had tiny hands.. but the comparison is good... I think he is a better scrambler than Dante

Blackace

As it was stated earlier, Cam played on a very good team. The Panthers are not total garbage. He has a top ten WR to play with, two great RBs, a decent tight end, and a decent offensive line. The Panthers were likely better than Denver last year, but the Panthers have to contend with both New Orleans and Atlanta.

a great team that went 2-14 the year before Cam

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

donovan mcnabb
michael vick
warren moon
troy smith
dennis dixon
colin kaepernick
josh johnson
charlie batch
josh freeman
steve mcnair
aaron brooks
tony banks
doug williams
pat white
byron leftwich
joe webb
nate davis
dante culpepper
seneca wallace
david garrard
terrell pryor
vince young
tavaris jackson
russell wilson

No Doug Williams? racist!

Bowser

It's like there aren't two whole other phases to the game of football, these phases that Cam didn't affect...fuck, what are they? They've slipped my mind...

wPQoj.gif

He had tiny hands.. but the comparison is good... I think he is a better scrambler than Dante

he is definitely a better scrambler than dante and i think he is a better short/intermediate passer than dante was but dante had the better deep ball. of course cam didn't get to play with moss in his prime so maybe not

Milchjon

Cam has a lot of potential and is exciting to watch. I can understand a fan hating his QB if it's Sanchez or maybe Flacco, but Cam? No way. There's like 25 teams that would love to take him off your hands.

Blackace

he is definitely a better scrambler than dante and i think he is a better short/intermediate passer than dante was but dante had the better deep ball. of course cam didn't get to play with moss in his prime so maybe not

I think a lot of people forgot how much of a beast McNair was when he came into the NFL.. I like that comparison..

I think a lot of people forgot how much of a beast McNair was when he came into the NFL.. I like that comparison..

yeah mcnair would be a fair comparison but i think cam has a much bigger arm and is physically bigger. mcnair was 6'2, 230. cam is 6'5, 245. cam seems like he is much harder to bring down than mcnair was although mcnair had lots of broken tackles too

Top Bottom