• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Fox318

fzVr9.jpg

mr2xxx

Banned
To add fuel to the fire:

-Cam beat 1 team with a winning record last year
-5 of carolinas wins came in 5 of Newtons lowest passing totals in a game
-Cam had a passer rating of 14.7% under pressure when other qbs are easily at 60% plus
-Cam threw 7 interceptions when his team was in scoring range (40 to goal)
-passing accuracy by distance short 51% mid 28% deep 15% bomb 6% and 90 of his completions came behind the los
-38.9 % completion percentage on 3rd down
-decline in qb rating deeper into games

Cam had a great rookie year but still has a ways to go to be elite.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
To add fuel to the fire:

-Cam had a passer rating of 14.7% under pressure when other qbs are easily at 60% plus
-passing accuracy by distance short 51% mid 28% deep 15% bomb 6% and 90 of his completions came behind the los

So we've confirmed that Tim Tebow > Cam Newton right?

squicken

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
More on Jets/Rams trade. St. Louis initiated talks, both clubs think players could use fresh starts. Both players will be in 3rd OT roles.

.... Schottenheimer played a role in Hunter's arrival, believing he could add a lot in jumbo TE/swing OT role. Jets keep Howard as starter.

So Schotty is making personnel moves now?

More on Jets/Rams trade. St. Louis initiated talks, both clubs think players could use fresh starts. Both players will be in 3rd OT roles.

.... Schottenheimer played a role in Hunter's arrival, believing he could add a lot in jumbo TE/swing OT role. Jets keep Howard as starter.

Lol, Kellen Clemens, Vernon Gholston, Matt Mulligan and now Wayne Hunter. Schotty wants them old Jets players.

If Schotty wants a player who was being manhandled by the Panthers backups, then let him take him.

squicken

Lol, Kellen Clemens, Vernon Gholston, Matt Mulligan and now Wayne Hunter. Schotty wants them old Jets players.

If Schotty wants a player who was being manhandled by the Panthers backups, then let him take him.

Supposedly the idea will be to line up Hunter next to Richardson in certain heavy packages. Boudreau did something similar in ATL when he was line coach there, as did Schotty in NY. All I know from seeing teams do that is the defense just rushes and extra guy. So now there will be two overmatched tackles instead of one. Guess maybe the extra guy has to run a bit further

bluemax

Banned
I don't care about stats. The stats argument is the fucking worst argument in professional sports. Is he a winner? No, not so far. A pouter? Yes. A person that has a past of character issues? Definitely. You can try to dispute it, but I won't be listening.

He's not a winner because your defense sucks ass. That's not his fault.

bionic77

Don't the Cowboys remember the last time they forced 24hr babysitting on one of their players?
When Jones gave his players unlimited coke and hookers they won 3 Superbowls in 4 years. LT is arguably the greatest defensive player of all time and he did it on a steady diet of coke and hookers.

It seems to me that the key to greatness in the NFL is cocaine and prostitutes and most importantly a police force full of football fans who can look the other way.

Rorschach

When Jones gave his players unlimited coke and hookers they won 3 Superbowls in 4 years. LT is arguably the greatest defensive player of all time and he did it on a steady diet of coke and hookers.

It seems to me that the key to greatness in the NFL is cocaine and prostitutes and most importantly a police force full of football fans who can look the other way.

Like the good folks over at midgetville!

squicken

Rape seems to work well for shooting guards and quarterbacks

edit: Forgot Worthy got busted for solicitation in Houston. So hookers for SFs

RBH

Ray Young Jr. didn't mind walking through a full-body scanner at the preseason Raiders game against Dallas.

But he's not too happy about the prospect of arriving two hours early, as recommended by the Oakland Raiders to give fans enough time to get through the newly installed magnetometer machines stationed around 16 entrances to O.co Coliseum.

What really ticked off the 71-year-old Modesto resident, however, was having to stand in line for 45 minutes with screws in his ankle, the result of recent surgery.

The wait was the unintended consequence of a new NFL security mandate requiring searches from the ankle up. Ticket holders previously had to submit to a search from the waist up.

"Can you imagine what this is going to be like during a sellout?" Young, a lifelong Raiders fan, said by telephone.

A sold-out Raiders game can pack 63,000 people into the Coliseum.

The team plans to offer promotions beginning Sept. 10 to lure fans into the Coliseum well before kickoff to cut down on the number of people trying to squeeze into the stadium closer to game time.

Ticket holders who arrive at least an hour before kickoff will be eligible to enter drawings for autographed memorabilia, field passes, locker room tours and other extras.

The NFL implemented the new ankle-up search policy in September 2011 at the recommendation of the Department of Homeland Security. The week before, a man had sneaked a Taser into a Dallas Cowboys-New York Jets game and used the stun gun on rival fans.

"DHS is also working with federal, state, local and private sector partners to support security efforts at the Super Bowl through additional personnel, technology and resources," the department reported in January 2011, when the NFL also joined a national Department of Homeland Security campaign called, "If You See Something, Say Something."

The league acknowledged publicly in 2011 that the expanded searches would lead to longer lines and asked for patience. Some facilities installed full-body scanners. The 49ers responded to the NFL rule by using handheld wands.

The Oakland Coliseum's new facility operator, Anschutz Entertainment Group, worried about bottlenecks at the 46-year-old facility whose entryways are narrower and fewer than modern stadiums. So the Coliseum authority approved paying $340,000 for 110 machines that resemble devices used at courthouses and airports. They are not X-ray machines. The Raiders and AEG said they received compliments about the machines.

Young said he was rebuffed when he complained about the wait. And he was skeptical that the magnetometers cut down the waiting time because people have to empty their pockets and reclaim their items once they pass through the machines.

But Chris Wright, who oversees facility operations at O.co for AEG, said the magnetometers are an improvement over wands and pat-downs. The technology can hone in on metal objects so staff does not have to do an all-body search, Wright said. Also, exemptions for people who have trouble waiting in long lines -- pregnant women, the elderly and physically impaired -- will be made, he added. The magnetometers will be wheeled away during A's games but will be used at the Oracle Arena during Warriors games and other events.

"We see it as an investment in our fans' guest experience. It is both quicker and far friendlier than pat-downs," Wright said.
http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_21394588/raiders-fans-should-try-get-games-at-o

Fox318

Hunter to run slants.

News at 11

Rorschach

I noticed they kept promoting incentives to arrive early for the opening game. Prizes and whatnot. Guess the NFL is worried after recent events.

BANE ATTACKED A STADIUM!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
To add fuel to the fire:

lol

There is only 2 rookie QBs who can compare to Cam's rookie season... Dan and Big Ben's if you said Peyton's I wouldn't fight it too much.. after that it is pretty plain that Cam had one of the greatest rookie years ever in the history of the NFL...

RBH

I noticed they kept promoting incentives to arrive early for the opening game. Prizes and whatnot. Guess the NFL is worried after recent events.

BANE ATTACKED A STADIUM!

"When JaMarcus Russell has lost 300 pounds, you have my permission to die."

bionic77

Steelers are the experts on rape science. And Lakers fans.
It does seem to follow my teams around.

I have been a Roger Federer fan for years so he is probably due for a rape allegation. :(

This is the one advantage of being a Pats fan. Their qb doesn't have the correct equipment nor does he have the upper body strength to rape anyone.

It does seem to follow my teams around.

I have been a Roger Federer fan for years so he is probably due for a rape allegation. :(

This is the one advantage of being a Pats fan. Their qb doesn't have the correct equipment nor does he have the upper body strength to rape anyone.

Bionic was Kobe and Bens lawyer

Top Bottom