• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Fox318

I'd say the bigger issue is that if you're not near a major population center you're pretty much screwed. America's biggest issue is that there is a real divide between the urban centers/rural America.

The crazy part is you get some fucking rapid defenders of the health care system. Tell me how is it perfect?

The only institution that has held this country together is our higher learning institutions and their costs have been starting to inflate to ghastly proportions.

Whats your major?

Vikings fan soooo....

pre-med to be a cardiologist?

Fox318

Canada seems like a nice place.

nHEmY.jpg

Milchjon

In Germany, I give this country 10 years max til there's a massive backlash against older people, especially the boomer generation. It's maybe my only gripe with democracy, that some generations fucked up the rules and and the finances of all things public and due to the way the demographic changes empower them politically, we can't make them pay for it.

jmdajr

Houston/Texas Medical Center is a pretty amazing place. Granted you need some insurance to take advantage of it.
Pretty soon the entire Texans Squad will be there :\

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
In Germany, I give this country 10 years max til there's a massive backlash against older people, especially the boomer generation. It's maybe my only gripe with democracy, that some generations fucked up the rules and and the finances of all things public and due to the way the demographic changes empower them politically, we can't make them pay for it.

Good idea. I'm going to run for POTUS! My platform is to kill all the old people and take their money to solve the debt crisis!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mr. Gerstmann just posted this in the GB thread:

This was a holdover from Comic Vine, which sort of treated user accounts as a create-a-character sort of thing. So they had Good/Neutral/Evil. We just decided to plug in the video gaming equivalent and make neutral the most boring color possible so that only people who truly don't give a shit about petty things like platform preferences and forum colors would stick with gray.

Fun fact: For awhile now, most spam accounts (that is, accounts created by robots to post links to sites) have their account creation scripts set up to choose Nintendo

snes, how could you!

True.
And now comes the drama.
Does Holmgren stay?
Heckert?
Shurmur?

I think it'd be wise not to do anything until after this season. Holmgren will probably only be around another year or so at best anyway so I can see him going but I kinda like Heckert. And there are conflicting stories about whether or not Heckert and Banner get along so....
I think Holmgrens gone for sure, Heckert and rest well just have to wait and see i guess. I'm excited to see the new owners first Press conference though, see what we can expect

Milchjon

Also, the NFL is RACIST for making the first game start at 8 PM. Now I have to decide whether seeing Brees whine and Kolb fail is worth staying up all night.

Sunday games should never start that late. Somebody think of that massive international audience.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Also, the NFL is RACIST for making the first game start at 8 PM. Now I have to decide whether seeing Brees whine and Kolb fail is worth staying up all night.

Sunday games should never start that late. Somebody think of that massive international audience.

It's called a dvr.

I'm not gonna stay up all night for a fucking pre-season game.

I probably will stay up all night for a fucking pre-season game :(.

Fox318

Such is life.

Older generation fucks up and the young are forced to suffer through it only to make similar mistakes. Although at least in America if the youth actually showed out to vote it probably would override much the gerrymandering that goes on.

I wonder what mistakes our generation will make?

Milchjon

Such is life.

Older generation fucks up and the young are forced to suffer through it only to make similar mistakes. Although at least in America if the youth actually showed out to vote it probably would override much the gerrymandering that goes on.

I wonder what mistakes our generation will make?

Giving a rapist SB rings.

bionic77

He won't even let me get a Nexus because it isn't made by his favorite manufacturer. Fox is snes in google clothing!
Yeah it seems that way.

I will never understand why people get so attached to products or corporations. If you need something to believe in, believe in something worth believing in.

tim-tebow-shirtless.jpg

Speaking of the unbelievers, do any Pat fans actually live in America or has Obama smartened up and closed to the borders to them?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Michael Irvin thinks SB trophy should be renamed Lombardi/Belichick:

"I think the world of Belichick," Irvin told the Herald recently. "I told him this, 'Man, if it was up to me, that (Super Bowl) trophy would be called the Lombardi/Belichick.' I don't care what they think. It would be called the Lombardi/Belichick."

lolwat. The article puts it best:

Again, I think extremely highly of Bill Belichick as a coach. I think he's the best of his era. And I love Michael Irvin, too. I think he's a dynamic, insightful and passionate analyst.

There's just no chance of this happening.

I'm not suggesting that Super Bowl wins is the end-all, be-all measure for coaches, but Bill Belichick isn't head and shoulders above everyone else there. Joe Gibbs and Bill Walsh also have three rings, and Chuck Noll has four. As for Super Bowl appearances, Belichick has five, but so does Tom Landry, and Don Shula has six.

Also, there was this.

I know Patriots fans don't want to be reminded of that, but it happened, and even the slightest hint of cheating is enough to keep a guy's name off a trophy that prestigious. We're also not going to have the Bill Romanowski Award for Excellence in Linebacking, in case anyone was wondering.

bionic77

I am actually in agreement with Pat fans and Irwin.

We do need a Belichick trophy. The only disagreement I have is that it should not be for winning the Superbowl because that is not what Billy is known for. Anytime someone is caught fucking a married woman, dressing like a hobo, worshipping the devil or cheating then they should be nominated for a Belichick Achievement Award.

If the trophy is renamed the Bill Belichick trophy, I'm advocating tanking every year just so we don't make the playoffs.

I don't want the Panthers playing for anything associated with that sham philanderer.

I think theres a better chance of the trophy being renamed over the Panthers making the playoffs.

Tf53

For the record, I'm in the Chargers camp, albeit on the sidelines due to being in Europe.

I wouldn't have believe it a couple of years back, but I'm glad VJ is gone. Now if only we would have a proper o-line...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I am actually in agreement with Pat fans and Irwin.

We do need a Belichick trophy. The only disagreement I have is that it should not be for winning the Superbowl because that is not what Billy is known for. Anytime someone is caught fucking a married woman, dressing like a hobo, worshipping the devil or cheating then they should be nominated for a Belichick Achievement Award.

What if you can do all four simultaneously?

I think I'm going to get an iPad, just to teach Fox318 that I won't bow before his fascist ways.

Top Bottom