• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

DiZ_O

Banned
Best website to do NFL bets? I'm talking more in the sense of a very wide variety of betting options on games and players rather than just better betting odds or something like that. I feel like winning or losing some money this upcoming season.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Best website to do NFL bets? I'm talking more in the sense of a very wide variety of betting options on games and players rather than just better betting odds or something like that. I feel like winning or losing some money this upcoming season.

Send me your money. I'll be in Vegas fairly soon.

Draxal

Didn't mean he was as a single player, but as the whole unit. The '04 Giants had Barber and little of anything else. Not sure how Eli had the best talent surrounding him that year. None of the receivers could get yards after catch, and the only one who was able to go deep and make a play was Jamaar Taylor, who was out of football a season after.

Pretty much, the Giant's offence that year was Warner waiting for somebody to get open. They wouldn't (because our wrs sucked back then + Huffnagel was a bad oc) and he would take a sack, then Eli came in and played through a murderer's row of defences. Eli was so fucked his rookie year.

harSon

Banned
Your defense is going to look very old this year and that'll put more pressure on Ben to actually be Elite instead of just being clutch. Him being out last year and you guys winning just shows how reliant on your D you guys are. Harrison needs to find a new supplier because he can't even make it through practice. Does Polamalu even play anymore? I forget if he retired. Ben is going to chuck shit all over the field and ignore Todd Haley's gameplan. In turn, Haley is going to go full hobo on his ass . Maybe he'll give Ben another "injury" to cry about to the media which always seems to make him feel better about himself, so maybe you're right after all and they do fine.

I thought last season was the season our defense was going to show it's elderly status?

And my boy James Harrison has the exclusive interview with Wallace: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=460957727269698

Did a lot of people get Madden for 360? I got it and I am loving playing MUT, if anyone is looking to play online against someone in the mode shoot me a PM.

Vesmir

Banned
Carrol on TO:

"He was a terrific competitor and if we had a chance to get him back later in the year, I would not hesitate. I don't think that there is any doubt that he can play in this league. He's got the competitive make up to do it. He's physically fit for a guy of his years, and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in somebody's camp."

TO looked great in camp and he seems to have turned around in terms of his ego (unlike 85). Hopefully someone does pick him up
for 500k

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'll jump on the bandwagon rate my team as well:

I'm in the neogaf cat.gif league and missed the draft so this is all auto-draft so yes I will be removing a DEF and a Kicker once I get my computer back.

catleague.png

You have no idea where you are right now, do you? You're drunker than that guy on the right. Your liver's probably the size of Mike Martz's playbook.

Update:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

QB Luke McCown has signed with the Atlanta Falcons.

Surprised by the Cooley release. Wasn't he playing more fullback for the Redskins? Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing him picked up by the Giants for a one year vet minimum deal.

Oh snap, Coughlin is getting "A Football Life.." episode.

http://nflcommunications.com/2012/0...day-september-12-at-800-pm-et-on-nfl-network/

Below is the September and October broadcast schedule for A Football Life, airing on Wednesday nights at 8:00 PM ET:
September 12 – Tim Tebow
September 19 – Ray Lewis
September 26 – Tom Coughlin
October 3 – Cleveland ‘95
October 10 – Fearsome Foursome
October 17 – Steve McNair
October 24 – Eddie DeBartolo
October 31 – Chris Spielman

Tebow? :jnc

bionic77

The first game of the season is Wednesday? I thought it normally starts on Thursday. Poor Dallas, SB Champs always win that first game.

Looking past that, the 1pm games don't look so hot. For some reason I think the Eagles/Browns game is going to be close. Probably the delirium of being without football for such a long period of time. Chicago Indy might end up being entertaining as well. Niners/Packers starts off 4pm with a bang. And then we finish off the night with the Steelers winning in Denver (please James do not decapitate PeyPey!).

Cincy @ Baltimore looks decent for MNF, though I hope it ends in a tie with everyone except for Flacco getting hurt. And Oakland/San Diego is always a weird close game, but both teams suck ass so it will be great to put me to sleep.

Looking @ week2 I am pretty sure that the Steelers are going to end the Sanchez era and start Tebow 2.0.

So close....

BigAT

Surprised by the Cooley release. Wasn't he playing more fullback for the Redskins? Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing him picked up by the Giants for a one year vet minimum deal.

I was thinking similarly when I saw the news. It would be worth rolling the dice if you can get him for super cheap given how little the Giants have at TE.

The first game of the season is Wednesday? I thought it normally starts on Thursday. Poor Dallas, SB Champs always win that first game.

Looking past that, the 1pm games don't look so hot. For some reason I think the Eagles/Browns game is going to be close. Probably the delirium of being without football for such a long period of time. Chicago Indy might end up being entertaining as well. Niners/Packers starts off 4pm with a bang. And then we finish off the night with the Steelers winning in Denver (please James do not decapitate PeyPey!).

Cincy @ Baltimore looks decent for MNF, though I hope it ends in a tie with everyone except for Flacco getting hurt. And Oakland/San Diego is always a weird close game, but both teams suck ass so it will be great to put me to sleep.

Looking @ week2 I am pretty sure that the Steelers are going to end the Sanchez era and start Tebow 2.0.

So close....

It's on Wednesday because of Obama. Football a day early. I love you Obama!!

So close....

LOL, clearly you havent seen Weeden play this pre-season. He looks so far from ready, they really need to sit him and let him watch and learn for a while. No way is that game close, I dont even have a very good feeling about the Eagles this year but that game is set up to be a huge blowout.

Bowser

Is this true? Because that might swing me for this election. I'm easily swayed, and I weigh sports above most, if not all issues.

Indeed it is:

The Giants will host the season opener on Wednesday, September 5. The game was moved a day earlier than usual in deference to President Barack Obama’s Thursday speech at the Democratic National Convention.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/28/nfl-season-will-kick-off-on-wednesday-night/

bionic77

LOL, clearly you havent seen Weeden play this pre-season. He looks so far from ready, they really need to sit him and let him watch and learn for a while. No way is that game close, I dont even have a very good feeling about the Eagles this year but that game is set up to be a huge blowout.
That's why I think there might be an upset. Happens every year in week one, the WTF game.

Of course if Eagles are legit team dream dynasty then my fears might look foolish but with the distractions going on there I won't be surprised if they have another let down season.

This is why only fools bet on football.

Top Bottom