• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

ten. I was in a shitty order for drafting. I wanted Rice, but he was taken, then I wanted Foster, then he was taken, then I wanted McCoy, and he was taken RIGHT BEFORE ME. Lynch isn't an AWFUL pick...and Sproles is a good pick-up I think. And Redman was a fuck it pick :jnc

yeah it isn't the best team.

Bowser

I don't post in here much, but is there any news on the MJD situation?

Also I'm 95% sure I'm the lone Jags fan in here.

Nope, there are definitely several other Jags fans (Tamanon (sp?) and iaeptus come to mind, and I remember there being 2 or 3 others)

You should be ashamed to take the Ravens D as a Steelers fan. But I welcome you as a new Ravens convert. Come to the light!

Steelers were already taken, so was Chicago and Houston. I had no choice D:

Here's my ESPN team, this was AUTODRAFT because I forgot and even it seems better

iYNLfiixaEfAg.png

Bowser

In the wake of releasing Chad Johnson, the Dolphins had to deal with linebacker Karlos Dansby going on the radio and criticizing the move.

Now, they’re taking action to prevent a repeat after trading veteran cornerback Vontae Davis for future draft picks.

According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, Dolphins PR staffers were active in their efforts to keep the controversial conversations to a minimum.

When running back Reggie Bush was asked about trading a contributor for a draft pick who couldn’t help them this year, Bush began: “It’s tough, obviously. It’s tough.”

At that point, according to Jackson, “A Dolphins publicist, unaware of the topic being discussed, then called across the room, ordering the interview to end.”

Philbin told his players two weeks ago that he didn’t want them bad-mouthing the team’s personnel moves. The message seems to have taken hold, as only one player criticized it, and that in an unnamed capacity.

“I’ll leave that up to you all,” Dansby told reporters when asked if he was disappointed by the trade. “I don’t know what the situation was or what occurred to cause the trade.

“He’s a great player, one of the best corners in the game. I’m not sure about the direction of the team. That’s not my place. My place is to play hard and be the leader of men.”

Philbin has a huge challenge in front of him, as do most coaches who take over bad teams. But in trying to find “fits” for his program, he runs the risk of making players feel like children.

Some guys are always going to gripe, especially if one of their friends is released of traded.

But going out of their way to keep them from talking about it is only going to drive the dissent underground, where it’s probably more dangerous.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rying-to-put-the-clamps-on-dissenting-voices/

lol, I think Philbin may be a Cam Cameron-level flameout

GBONZZZZ

News is he's sitting. He'll be back after the first week, especially if the Jags beat the Vikings.

And also, fuck you.

Why the hostility?! I suffer enough when all my friends make fun of me for being a Jags fan.

Nope, there are definitely several other Jags fans (Tamanon (sp?) and iaeptus come to mind, and I remember there being 2 or 3 others)

Sweet, I'm the only one out of my group of friends and coworkers, it's crazy

ten. I was in a shitty order for drafting. I wanted Rice, but he was taken, then I wanted Foster, then he was taken, then I wanted McCoy, and he was taken RIGHT BEFORE ME. Lynch isn't an AWFUL pick...and Sproles is a good pick-up I think. And Redman was a fuck it pick :jnc

Yea you're team sucks, can't wait to face you this year.

anyway rank my team bros

1. (1) Aaron Rodgers QB
2. (20) Jamaal Charles RB
3. (21) Victor Cruz WR
4. (40) Marques Colston WR
5. (41) Adrian Peterson RB
6. (60) Jermichael Finley TE
7. (61) DeSean Jackson WR
8. (80) Green Bay DEF
9. (81) Willis McGahee RB
10. (100) DeAngelo Williams RB
11. (101) Titus Young WR
12. (120) Greg Olsen TE
13. (121) Joe Flacco QB
14. (140) Michael Bush RB
15. (141) Robbie Gould K

Took a gamble on Peterson, but if it doesn't work out immediately I've got some depth at RB

DeathbyVolcano said:
Wallace finally reports to the Steelers! Yessss
Only to pull a hamstring and be in and out for 8 weeks.

It always seems to happen to holdout players. They "holdout" so they can sit at home and skip all of training camp. Which leads to their conditioning level being shit and they get injured in the first real game action they see.

harSon

Banned
So Steelers start off 0-4 or just 0-3?

Tough opening games and their team is in shambles.

How exactly is our team in shambles? We're back to the offensive line we had last year, and are without Mendenhall who couldn't run behind our line last season anyways? Sounds like par for the course to me. It's not like we haven't been in worse situations, like being without our Elite QB for the first 4 games of the season.

Bowser

You're in a 10-team league and that was the best you could do? Yeah, not looking good man...

eznark

Banned
How exactly is our team in shambles? We're back to the offensive line we had last year, and are without Mendenhall who couldn't run behind our line last season anyways? Sounds like par for the course to me. It's not like we haven't been in worse situations, like being without our Elite QB for the first 4 games of the season.

Weren't you just saying last week how atrocious your offensive line was last year?

Tamanon

Banned
It's easy for me to survive as a Jags fan. I'm in Panthers country.

Hell, I still go to their games in my Rashean Mathis jersey. Never hide, always represent!

It always seems to happen to holdout players. They "holdout" so they can sit at home and skip all of training camp. Which leads to their conditioning level being shit and they get injured in the first real game action they see.

Wallace has been working With a strength and consitioning coach for months. Hopefully that will save him.

bionic77

Nah, Wallace told Ben that he was working real hard!

I foresee him breaking all single season records. This record will last one season in the new pass whacky NFL and will be broken the year after that as well.

brentech

turns out the wacko background image on a Nexus 7 isn't the technical spec's screen resolution of 1280x800, but instead it's 1600x1280. Knowing that solves a bit of my issues

bionic77

Eventually they'll realize that the offensive line isn't helped by Ben getting the ball out at Tebow-like speeds.
Ben has been getting the ball out quick in our new dink and dunk offense and the line has still struggled to protect.

I was optimistic about the line after the draft but one pick was a bust and the other is hurt. Hopefully we can run the ball to slow down the rush, but early signs have not been encouraging.

I don't give a fuck how we do in September anyways. My new theory is that shit regular seasons is where champions are born.

Your defense is going to look very old this year and that'll put more pressure on Ben to actually be Elite instead of just being clutch. Him being out last year and you guys winning just shows how reliant on your D you guys are. Harrison needs to find a new supplier because he can't even make it through practice. Does Polamalu even play anymore? I forget if he retired. Ben is going to chuck shit all over the field and ignore Todd Haley's gameplan. In turn, Haley is going to go full hobo on his ass . Maybe he'll give Ben another "injury" to cry about to the media which always seems to make him feel better about himself, so maybe you're right after all and they do fine.

bionic77

Yeah, but I can't imagine it'll help the Steelers this year.
So much hate.

FYI the Steelers don't fuck with fads like touchscreens and the Internet. The entire operation is run on state of the art Tandy computer systems with 2 floppy drives, color display and 8 megs of memory.

eznark

Banned
So much hate.

FYI the Steelers don't fuck with fads like touchscreens and the Internet. The entire operation is run on state of the art Tandy computer systems with 2 floppy drives, color display and 8 megs of memory.

That's because they spend all their money on bribing officials and paying hush money to upstate sows that Ben skewers in the back alley.

bionic77

That's because they spend all their money on bribing officials and paying hush money to upstate sows that Ben skewers in the back alley.
You can't change a system that is successful.

Also we would be able to afford those state of the art plastic seat additions to the Packs 100 year old stadium if our fans were dumb enough to buy bogus stocks but PA residents are smart about money. They only get messed up on complicated stuff like pedophiles and Santa Claus.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Your defense is going to look very old this year and that'll put more pressure on Ben to actually be Elite instead of just being clutch. Him being out last year and you guys winning just shows how reliant on your D you guys are. Harrison needs to find a new supplier because he can't even make it through practice. Does Polamalu even play anymore? I forget if he retired. Ben is going to chuck shit all over the field and ignore Todd Haley's gameplan. In turn, Haley is going to go full hobo on his ass . Maybe he'll give Ben another "injury" to cry about to the media which always seems to make him feel better about himself, so maybe you're right after all and they do fine.

That's a lot of writing from a fan of a team that had the second worst defense of all time last year. Only the Pats were worse, but at least Belicheat admitted that he didn't care about defense and just rolled his worst offensive players out there to pretend to defend.

Top Bottom