• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thread Cross Posting /start

Yo' don't try to hijack my thread jnc with your shenanigans

I'll unleash the Manning!

So close to pre-season, I have my DVR set up for the 2 pre-season games next week

I'm excited

Let's do this NFL GAF

Also I iz back, still trophy whoring, but that will go away

I am watching the NFL yearbook ST Louis Rams, and my god it is so bad. It is all Fisher and Torry Holt outside of some footage from the Saints game. I feel so bad for who ever had to put this together. I really want to see the Jags one now. It must be the most depressing 30 minutes of TV ever.

jakncoke

Banned
Thread Cross Posting /start

Yo' don't try to hijack my thread jnc with your shenanigans

I'll unleash the Manning!

So close to pre-season, I have my DVR set up for the 2 pre-season games next week

I'm excited

Let's do this NFL GAF

Also I iz back, still trophy whoring, but that will go away

:me

squicken

I am watching the NFL yearbook ST Louis Rams, and my god it is so bad. It is all Fisher and Torry Holt outside of some footage from the Saints game. I feel so bad for who ever had to put this together. I really want to see the Jags one now. It must be the most depressing 30 minutes of TV ever.

The Rams scored 50 points less than the Jags. The Jags could at least run block on offense. The Rams put 9 DBs on IR. They would try out guys on Tuesday and play them on Sunday. I've never seen anything like the injuries they had

ChanHuk

Banned
So Morris Clairborne already hurt? Must feel good to be a Cowboys fan.

That being said you rapists at the Steelers stay away from Palmer's knees.

The Rams scored 50 points less than the Jags. The Jags could at least run block on offense. The Rams put 9 DBs on IR. They would try out guys on Tuesday and play them on Sunday. I've never seen anything like the injuries they had

Well at least you have to think that stuff will even out this year.

0803belichickkiss275.jpg

picture of bill bellicheck eating a scab off aaron hernandez elbow. you disgusting fucking home wrecked bill bellicheck

squicken

Well at least you have to think that stuff will even out this year.

Actually I posted something awhile back where the Rams are on a 5 year run of missing the most games to injuries since that's been counted as a stat. It spans multiple GMs, coaches, trainers, doctors, stadium turfs, and owners. They just always pile up injuries for some reason

It won't be as bad as last year but their trend line says it will still be worse than league average

Actually I posted something awhile back where the Rams are on a 5 year run of missing the most games to injuries since that's been counted as a stat. It spans multiple GMs, coaches, trainers, doctors, stadium turfs, and owners. They just always pile up injuries for some reason

It won't be as bad as last year but their trend line says it will still be worse than league average

Damn dude that sucks. Injuries are one thing that drives me nuts about sports. A team can do everything right, have the best players and coaches, and injuries just wipes it all out.

squicken

Damn dude that sucks. Injuries are one thing that drives me nuts about sports. A team can do everything right, have the best players and coaches, and injuries just wipes it all out.

Yeah in HOU they go on and on about the Schaub injury. Was fluky and could have cost them a SB appearance. btw the Rams are running the wide 9 this year, which is great b/c neither DE likes to play the run anyway

Yeah in HOU they go on and on about the Schaub injury. Was fluky and could have cost them a SB appearance. btw the Rams are running the wide 9 this year, which is great b/c neither DE likes to play the run anyway

Good luck with that. Last year the Eagles had a great Dline and secondary and that D got shredded because the LBs suck. You really have to be strong in all 3 areas to make it work, the Lions also ran it and their D was horrible.

squicken

Good luck with that. Last year the Eagles had a great Dline and secondary and that D got shredded because the LBs suck. You really have to be strong in all 3 areas to make it work, the Lions also ran it and their D was horrible.

Oh I was being facetious. I remember the first play of the year where old man SJax coasted to an easy TD and somehow pulled a hamstring. They've got some very big dudes at DT so maybe they'll hold up. TEN worked it good when they had Haynesworth

ChanHuk

Banned

The wide-9 scheme doesn't work. Especially now being how athletic OTs are.

Zeke

can't sleep clown will eat me

FOOTE

I'd almost bet money that he's not doing exactly that.

But all the alternatives are only slightly less disturbing.

I don't know. I think we have a vampire and/or cannibal to worry about. Glad I'm skipping out on the game in London.

Gotdamn I want to go!

Patriots' Bill Belichick kisses Aaron Hernandez's injury

An afternoon full of fights at New England Patriots training camp turned into an even full of love. Forget 1,000 words: This Bill Belichick photo has us speechless.

"I had a little bruise on my elbow and I was whining about it, and he was just showing me the love of a father figure and he gave me a kiss on the elbow," tight end Aaron Hernandez told Shalise Manza Young of the Boston Globe.

Belichick can be sarcastic and hilarious when he wants to be. He also clearly has favorites among the players he coaches. With that in mind, perhaps the picture isn't so surprising. For the record, Hernandez did not ask for Belichick to kiss and make his boo-boo better.

"No, I didn't ask him," Hernandez said with a smile. "I damn sure liked it though. Felt some love."

Just Bill spreading the love man! There is a reason this man is the best head coach in NFL history.

TheFatOne

I cant wait to see how the Pats D line plays.Dont forget they draft a DE from Arkansas too.

The D line might be the strongest part of the team.
Yea I just want to see how the front 7 plays this preseason. I'm hoping for some improvement in the secondary, but I'm not holding my breath.

Went to my 2nd Durham Bulls game in two weeks last night. Through six innings I literally thought the entire crowd would die from boredom. Game was completely fuck-all monotonous. One runner reached 3rd base in that span. Both starters threw close to 100 pitches. No great plays. No nothing.

Then the CF for the Bulls made an over-the-shoulder catch running toward the wall in dead center to rob a guy of extra bases... and the Bulls caught fire in the bottom of the 7th with 4 runs (including a triple). The Braves hit a 3-run homer in the 8th, the Bulls countered with another run in the bottom half of the 8th... closed it out in the 9th. Bulls win 5-3.

Fireworks show afterwards added some boom.

Went from utterly "I'm never going to another one of these bore-fests" to "holy shit that actually turned into a decent game."

Tonight we're hitting the Railhawks... soccer.

The point? Baseball on Friday, soccer on Saturday... then nirvana (well, pre-nirvana) on Sunday night.

Top Bottom