• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns training camp news:

As of now they seem to envision giving Trent about 20-25 touches a game. As well our top 3 WRs are shaping up to be Josh Gordon and Mohammed Massaquoi on the outside with Greg Little in the slot. Travis Benjamin will be #4 with Cribbs occassionally used as a fifth receiver.

Wes

venison crêpe
Weapons!

I've heard Hardesty has been having a great training camp, Gordon being good in the redzone and Grossi said Jordan Cameron was the MVP so far in camp. Be great to see Cameron start, depending upon how is blocking is.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It was more an allusion to the string of broken homes caused by the adulterous Bellicheck. Don't you read any of your boy's Bionic's pamphlets? Aside from the slanderous Ravens lies they're pretty spot on.

I know, bro. I just wanted to get all of the evil encompassed in one post. And bionic is right about Joe Flacco being the best qb the Ratbirds will ever have.

Browns training camp news:

As of now they seem to envision giving Trent about 20-25 touches a game. As well our top 3 WRs are shaping up to be Josh Gordon and Mohammed Massaquoi on the outside with Greg Little in the slot. Travis Benjamin will be #4 with Cribbs occassionally used as a fifth receiver.

I apologize for Suh stomping on Richardson and snapping his tibia and fibula in the first preseason game now; so I don't have to do it later

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Weapons!

I've heard Hardesty has been having a great training camp, Gordon being good in the redzone and Grossi said Jordan Cameron was the MVP so far in camp. Be great to see Cameron start, depending upon how is blocking is.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to see Jordan Cameron after all the praise he's been getting. Shurmur did say he's going to play him a lot in the preseason to get him a lot of reps. If he can show he'll be decent enough at blocking he may find his way onto the field a lot this season.

Whatever, everyone knows the truly great qbs don't break out until their 5th season. The Ravens will see the qb glory days of Vinny Testaverde once more. And I am absolutely not biased because Joe played for Delaware and my name is Joe and I'm from Delaware.

Although in his last year he did take us to the championship only to lose....SONUVABITCH THAT MAKES IT 3 TIMES HE'S DONE THAT TO ME!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Shit, Chris Gocong carted off the field. He's having an MRI on his right ankle, they are saying they think the injury is pretty serious.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This USA b ball game is exciting

Yep.

Reminds me how much the international game has progressed since the original Dream Team. People who scoff at the notion of taking American football global through the means of something like the Olympics don't realize that the whole point of it is to advance the level of the game on a global level - which has clearly been the case with basketball.

And free medals until then!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Shit, Chris Gocong carted off the field. He's having an MRI on his right ankle, they are saying they think the injury is pretty serious.

Update:

Mary Kay Cabot is saying they fear he ruptured his right achilles. If so his season is over.

Another year of the Jags being better than the Colts!
Gotta get then in b4 luck gets up to speed unless gabbert start making strides. It sounds like he in improving though. We'll see when the season comes around. He'll get a taste of the giants dline this coming up week.

Yep.

Reminds me how much the international game has progressed since the original Dream Team. People who scoff at the notion of taking American football global through the means of something like the Olympics don't realize that the whole point of it is to advance the level of the game on a global level - which has clearly been the case with basketball.

And free medals until then!

That first year with American Football would be godly, though.

The Golden Gridiron Gang would make the Dream Team look like chumps.

That first year with American Football would be godly, though.

The Golden Gridiron Gang would make the Dream Team look like chumps.

I could have a chance to make the Dutch Olympic team! I would love to go over the middle as a TE and get murdured by the best LBs in the league Patrick Willis and Dont'a Hightower.

Levyne

Banned
NFL players would never do it. I'm not sure UFL or arena guys would do it. Or college players. Maybe DII or DIII guys.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah sadly, lots of NFL players would pass on it to get ready for the regular season.

Even if they did want to go I'm sure the owners would be against it too. Can you imagine your top player going to the Olympics and getting a season ending injury?

Or before even that how would you even set that up? You'd get in what 2 or 3 games tops for the Olympics?

jakncoke

Banned
Even if they did want to go I'm sure the owners would be against it too. Can you imagine your top player going to the Olympics and getting a season ending injury?

Or before even that how would you even set that up? You'd get in what 2 or 3 games tops for the Olympics?

Yeah im sure that'd be in every contract signed lol

I think the IFAF World Championship is tackle football. Haven't seen anything suggesting otherwise.

dunno i clicked on the site and seen the words flag football and closed the tab

You could do all the qualifying crap weeks before the Olympics even start and then just do the semi's and the finals during the Olympics.

Went to my 2nd Durham Bulls game in two weeks last night. Through six innings I literally thought the entire crowd would die from boredom. Game was completely fuck-all monotonous. One runner reached 3rd base in that span. Both starters threw close to 100 pitches. No great plays. No nothing.

Then the CF for the Bulls made an over-the-shoulder catch running toward the wall in dead center to rob a guy of extra bases... and the Bulls caught fire in the bottom of the 7th with 4 runs (including a triple). The Braves hit a 3-run homer in the 8th, the Bulls countered with another run in the bottom half of the 8th... closed it out in the 9th. Bulls win 5-3.

Fireworks show afterwards added some boom.

Went from utterly "I'm never going to another one of these bore-fests" to "holy shit that actually turned into a decent game."

Tonight we're hitting the Railhawks... soccer.

The point? Baseball on Friday, soccer on Saturday... then nirvana (well, pre-nirvana) on Sunday night.

Yeah, that's my problem with baseball too. Some games couldn't be more of a snoozefest, some are the most exciting thing you've ever seen.

You could do all the qualifying crap weeks before the Olympics even start and then just do the semi's and the finals during the Olympics.

The USA would slaughter every other nation for a generation.

Top Bottom