• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

bionic77

I'm not super optimistic about the bears.
Those are the teams that win the SB these days.

The one thing you don't want to be is to be the favorite heading into the season. We can already rule out the Packers and the Pats (probably the Broncos and Niners as well). I think the last time a heavy favorite won it all was when the Saints did it, and we all know what they had to do to accomplish that!

2001 and 2004, all the Steelers fault! And you can't blame the cheating here, the Steelers have the most crooked ownership in the history of football, all the Pats did was beat you at your own game.

[]http://i.imgur.com/LWwoT.jpg[/IMG]

The 2001 and 2004 Steelers, the biggest MVP's for the other team since Neal O'Donnell.
We actually did gave that game away in 2001. I admit that Steelers team is partly to blame. But so is the rest of the NFL! The commish and the refs made up that rule against the Raiders. The Pats used devilry and special teams to beat the Steelers and then videocameras and devilry to beat the Rams (their only weaknesses).

I admit to nothing in 2004. That was a magical rookie season for Ben and the year the Steelers turned the franchise around into championship contenders again. I can't blame them for Tammy and co. cheating and robbing the world of the first PA Superbowl (which would have been won by the Steelers).

yacobod

Banned
The Bears fans are coming out of hibernation.

real bears fans hang out in the mma sports entertainment threads in the offseason brah.

and bears fans have plenty to worry about, lovie smith is still the head coach, mike tice has never called plays in the nfl before for an entire season, the defense is old, and our options at LT are chicken shit.
i still think we will be better than last year.

bionic77

Thanks to Rex losing that game, Trent Dilfer retained his title as "Shittiest Quarterback to Win a Superbowl".
Dilfer set the bar too high.

No one is ever going to take that title from him.

The only question is if Collins would have had the title if he won? He was pretty garbo as well.

Dilfer set the bar too high.

No one is ever going to take that title from him.

The only question is if Collins would have had the title if he won? He was pretty garbo as well.

I think you mean he set the bar too low. No one can get under it. Except maybe Sanchez if he makes it.
Obligatory Flacco would also be the worst, he sucks, etc.

bionic77

So are the Jets the only team in the league now?
Is there anything any team is doing as exciting as Tebow running through the rain without his shirt on?

Haley and Ben getting in a wrestling match about how often they throw the ball is going to be exciting, but it is not shirtless Tebow.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They're seriously covering it in every 15 minute block. I can't even skip around on my DVR to avoid it.

Just saw an article saying the Dutch Field Hockey team was the hottest olympic squad. Which Patriots fan is dutch? I can't remember, it's tricky.

By the way, they're pretty fair, but then again, I am from Baltimore where we have nothing but 10s walking around.

Just saw an article saying the Dutch Field Hockey team was the hottest olympic squad. Which Patriots fan is dutch? I can't remember, it's tricky.

By the way, they're pretty fair, but then again, I am from Baltimore where we have nothing but 10s walking around.

I think Walteur is Dutch, or Milchjon. I'm German, that's all I know.

I'm excited about the Bears this year.

Last year, I expected the worst and got a pretty good team until the injury bug struck. If Cutler stayed healthy, who knows how things would have turned out. They very well could have made the playoffs.

The receiving corps is the best it's been in years. It went from one of the team's worst areas, to one of its strengths thanks to a great trade and a good draft.

The defense played at a very high level last year, and realistically I don't expect them to fall off that much. They might be a year older, but they should still get the job done.

Then there's Jay Cutler.

For the first time since arriving in Chicago, I think Cutler's going to really live up to his potential. He's not dealing with Ron Turner or Mike Martz. Coach Tice seems content to let Cutler and Jeremy Bates do their thing, which is exciting. In Denver they did some amazing things.

I honestly expect a great season.

Please don't go 7-9

So are the Jets the only team in the league now?

a55mS.jpg

I'm sorry. You were saying something?

Smokey

oh hey a new thread and a new andre johnson injury

the year schaub finally becomes a man and make the texans afc conference favorites next to the pats holla

minx

I'm excited about the Bears this year.

Last year, I expected the worst and got a pretty good team until the injury bug struck. If Cutler stayed healthy, who knows how things would have turned out. They very well could have made the playoffs.

The receiving corps is the best it's been in years. It went from one of the team's worst areas, to one of its strengths thanks to a great trade and a good draft.

The defense played at a very high level last year, and realistically I don't expect them to fall off that much. They might be a year older, but they should still get the job done.

Then there's Jay Cutler.

For the first time since arriving in Chicago, I think Cutler's going to really live up to his potential. He's not dealing with Ron Turner or Mike Martz. Coach Tice seems content to let Cutler and Jeremy Bates do their thing, which is exciting. In Denver they did some amazing things.

I honestly expect a great season.

Please don't go 7-9

ddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaa bears

I'm hearing so much sad news in Titan camp. First can't sign their pick and then the tragic news....:(

Hopefully CJY2K is back to normal this season

I like what you guys are doing and I think Banner is a great guy to have in charge.
As for the New ownership I'm gonna hold my judgement and see what happens when they take over. Who's to say if the Browns have another bad season the New owners don't decide to put there own Front office people in charge, and go in a different direction at at Qb...........but for now I'm optimistic about new owner and our direction

Newton backs Ryan Kalil's SB promise

I'm as CAROLINA FUCK YEAH as the next guy, but I still don't like Kalil putting added pressure on his second-year QB and a team coming off a losing season to live up to this guarantee of his.
Don't worry, Cam's got this.
I see 14 wins easily, we should beat down the Failcons and the Yucs without a problem.
Aints keep losing to the Yucs, so we should be able to handle them.
So, 6-0 in the division.
And our 2 losses coming against the Giants and if Pey Pey is healthy, the Broncos.
Otherwise, we go 15-1 on our way to the Super Bowl.
Bookmark this shit!

Don't worry, Cam's got this.
I see 14 wins easily, we should beat down the Failcons and the Yucs without a problem.
Aints keep losing to the Yucs, so we should be able to handle them.
So, 6-0 in the division.
And our 2 losses coming against the Giants and if Pey Pey is healthy, the Broncos.
Otherwise, we go 15-1 on our way to the Super Bowl.
Bookmark this shit!

dat preseason optimism

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
As for the New ownership I'm gonna hold my judgement and see what happens when they take over. Who's to say if the Browns have another bad season the New owners don't decide to put there own Front office people in charge, and go in a different direction at at Qb...........but for now I'm optimistic about new owner and our direction

nononononono

If that happens I won't lie I will come close to jumping ship. If that happens I will be submitting my resume to the fandoms here for someone to scoop me up.

G-Fex

Some guys I know at work are idiots.

Apparently he made a bet with another coworker that if the Steelers beat the Raiders he'll get a small Steelers tat on his forearm. If his team (raiders) win, hell get a raiders tat.

Doofuses.

nononononono

If that happens I won't lie I will come close to jumping ship. If that happens I will be submitting my resume to the fandoms here for someone to scoop me up.

Dude of course that is going to happen. Banner isnt taking over to watch Holmgrens guys get all the credit for turning things around. You just have to trust that they know what they are doing and they bring in good people.

eznark

Banned
Some guys I know at work are idiots.

Apparently he made a bet with another coworker that if the Steelers beat the Raiders he'll get a small Steelers tat on his forearm. If his team (raiders) win, hell get a raiders tat.

Doofuses.

Not a chance the guy follow through on the tattoo.

Top Bottom