• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

I didn't see this post.

There is an important distinction to be made between Kolb and Sandwich. One is that Leftwich actaully was a starting qb for an NFL team for a number of years before he was replaced by a younger Garrard. And in that time he had some success as a starter. The other is that the Steelers bring him back as a BACKUP. Kolb was marketed to us as a potential star but yankeehater, the Eagles and NFL analysts. If you are part of that group than you deserve to get ridiculed.

You really should leave the trolling to FMT. You just make yourself look bad by comparison.

squicken

I actually watched the 100m race. All those moronic wrestling intros they decided to do took 5 minutes, and the race took 10 seconds. I really used to like watching track when Carl Lewis was around, but since then I haven't cared

Did anyone catch the swimmer interview, where Bieber came on? And he had "swag" written on his hat? This is why stand-up comedy is dead.

BigAT

Presented without commentary.
Sam Farmer ‏@LATimesfarmer
For the first time, a woman will be on an NFL officiating crew. Shannon Eastin will work Thursday's Green Bay at San Diego game.

bionic77

Oh thank god. Don't blame yourself Yankee! DON'T BLAME YOURSELF!
WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF HE HAD WON THE STARTING JOB AS AN EAGLE!*

* Actually me and FMT do know. The Eagles would have been even worse than they have been because Kolb is hot garbage and me and FMT have said since day one! I don't necessarily agree with him on Alyssa Milano (sorry FMT it isn't the 90s anymore no matter how much DM wants it to be) or on pretty anything related to the Niners or Steelers, but on this one issue we are on the same team.

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF HE HAD WON THE STARTING JOB AS AN EAGLE!*

* Actually me and FMT do know. The Eagles would have been even worse than they have been because Kolb is hot garbage and me and FMT have said since day one! I don't necessarily agree with him on Alyssa Milano (sorry FMT it isn't the 90s anymore no matter how much DM wants it to be) or on pretty anything related to the Niners or Steelers, but on this one issue we are on the same team.

Amen brother!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
alex-morgan-gif.gif

Milchjon

Did you hear about that rower who had a nazi boyfriend or something?

Blonde girl from Eastern Germany, what can I say. FWIW, she left the olympic team and publically denied any personal right wing beliefs.

Pretty sure i read his one CD sold like a bazillion copies.

It did. It's shameful. I can't deny there's a certain affinity for him to be found over here, but nowadays he's mostly seen as a joke, there's an ironic aspect to it. His tour about 2 years ago completely bombed. He's not relevant the way the world seems to think he is.

And overall, you can't deny he's awesome. He's Mitch Buchannon, he's Knight Rider, and he single-handedly brought down the wall and erased more than 30 years of division!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- A brawl involving about 20 players erupted on the sideline in the New York Jets' practice Monday, causing reporters to scatter and coming dangerously close to fans.

It started when safety D'Anton Lynn, son of runnings back coach Anthony Lynn, shoved running back Joe McKnight out of bounds after a screen pass.

McKnight fired the ball at Lynn, and they immediately started fighting, with McKnight charging and throwing the first punch. Within seconds, the offensive and defensive units ran over. A massive pile-up ensued.

The players ran over advertisement placards, which run the length of the sideline, en route to the pile-up.

Coach Rex Ryan, probably not pleased that it was so close to fans, came over immediately and started pulling players out of the pile.

Order was restored in about a minute.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- A brawl involving about 20 players erupted on the sideline in the New York Jets' practice Monday, causing reporters to scatter and coming dangerously close to fans.

It started when safety D'Anton Lynn, son of runnings back coach Anthony Lynn, shoved running back Joe McKnight out of bounds after a screen pass.

McKnight fired the ball at Lynn, and they immediately started fighting, with McKnight charging and throwing the first punch. Within seconds, the offensive and defensive units ran over. A massive pile-up ensued.

The players ran over advertisement placards, which run the length of the sideline, en route to the pile-up.

Coach Rex Ryan, probably not pleased that it was so close to fans, came over immediately and started pulling players out of the pile.

Order was restored in about a minute.

Tebow's fault.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gator, Dutch. You guys gotta admit those are some terrible dance moves.

Looks like he half wants to dance and half take a deuce right there on the stage.

LJ11

I'm getting a little worried at all the press sucking our dicks so early on. We still have Ryan Fitzpatrick behind center, and a 30 year old running back. Our D is much improved, but we're still walking into the season with the same offense that only ranked 14th in the league. Even if we're still at 14, I don't see that as being able to grab more than a wild card spot. Brady and Belichick are still probably 5 years away from being an irrelevant combo.

Not sure the dick riding has commenced full force, plenty of doubters around. Some still expect us to finish at or near the bottom along with the Dolphins.

Biggest weakness is WR, don't have a true split end. It's also tough to get the young guys who haven't played in the offense enough to catch up. Not a digit based system, they have something similar to New England.

bionic77

Or maybe you shouldnt listen to a joke character like FMT and a guy that thinks Jordan was overrated.
If you are referring to me then I don't think Jordan was an overrated fraud, I fucking know it!

Get back to me when Kolb looks like an actual NFL player or MJ wins something without Pippen and co. (Dennis Rodman, Steven Kerr, Phil Jackson, David Stern, etc.) to carry him.

The one thing I will give Jordan credit for was his efficiency of raping big men in the showers. It is even harder than it sounds. And while Bill Cartwright and Kwame Brown probably don't appreciate it, I always give credit where credit is due.

Geez, miss a weekend and miss a lot. Reid's son passing, RIP. TO trying to make a comeback with the SeaChickens (lol), Mortenson with more bullshit reporting (no surprise) and Kolb still sucks (an even bigger no surprise.)

I guess I should have been more specific. Why are you claiming the ratings from one country are indicative of world wide appeal while discounting the ratings from another country as worthless? Using those same numbers you'd have to claim that the 10,000m run and the heptathlon are the next most prestigious events. That's clownish.

I think a better barometer would be to see how many athletes enter and qualify for each event. I believe that using those numbers, it's the men's 100m dash (run) and the men's 100m freestyle (swim) that draw the most competitors.

Not discounting anything, but to be fair NBC didn't even show the race live.

eznark

Banned
They didn't show any of the swimming live either. What's your point? About the only thing I've seen live is soccer and volleyball.

Top Bottom