• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

The Raiders?

IdontcareKobewhoMypreciousPSPFun-2.gif

G-Fex

I'm just going to call you Yoko Tits.

Sounds right.

saints, cards were driving with like 2 min to go down by 7 and in the red zone and ryan lindley threw a pick lol. final score

edit: wait what. hmm

ok i know i wasnt nuts. yahoo.com got some weird box score compared to nfl.com

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20120805018

like im not sure where this is even coming from.
http://www.nfl.com/scores

i watched the game, so i just dont know.

LOL well pretty bad start for the cards. None the less it sounds entertaining.

bluemax

Banned
Carroll didn't leave after they got caught cheating, he left when the sanctions came down three years later. A true coward.

What? Pete left before the NCAA sanctioned us. He left 3 years ago after Barkleys freshman year and a win in the Enerald bowl.

Coach Kiffikins is gonna get us a MNC this year.

Just got home from work, I managed to stream (until I buy game pass) the first quarter and I got to see Kolb throw a pick and then get injured all in 4 plays!!! All according to Keikaku

That Cardinals performance was so bad and sad that I actually ended up just falling a sleep after the Saints first drive. Woke up to see it was 10 - 17 with Zona about to score and tie the game, only to witness a pick.

BTW it really makes me sick to my stomach just knowing Kolb is on this team. Trade this piece of shit. now.

BTW it really makes me sick to my stomach just knowing Kolb is on this team. Trade this piece of shit. now.

Sadly we can't, no one will give us anything worthwhile. He will be cut at the end of the season if that game was any indication though so at least we have that. We just need Beanie and Ryan Williams to stay healthy to give us a chance this year

Sadly we can't, no one will give us anything worthwhile. He will be cut at the end of the season if that game was any indication though so at least we have that. We just need Beanie and Ryan Williams to stay healthy to give us a chance this year

I can understand why Whiz and Graves feel obligated to take another chance on this piece of shit in pads, but it still sucks knowing that its never going to get any better on the QB front until he is gone.

Kolb has zero skill in sensing pressure in the pocket and just takes sacks and fumbles left and right instead of running around and trying to make a play. He also has a noodle arm. My little sister could take a hit better then Kolb as well.

To me I would rather the Cardinals play Skelton all year long if they don't want to try and figuring something else out. At least he has a big frame, can bomb a football down the field, and does not always take the sack like pussy Kolb.

Striker

As a Jets fan I don't get the Edwards hate at all.

Dude sucks but he managed to stretch the field well. Jets missed that shit all year long. There are more useless WRs that get significant playing time.
A good QB that has had Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and Jerricho Cotchery can still put up good numbers, and not be a complete turd on the field. Santonio and Braylon, though, were complete knuckleheads, similar to how Shockey and Burress were detrimental to Eli in terms of the "gimme the damn ball" mentality, and lackluster route-running. Toomer was the team's best WR up until Nicks came in because he was reliable in that route running, and didn't give up on his routes (resulting in turnovers).

Maybe it never comes to fruition, but the other QB in NY was pretty much written off as a total bum after his first 3 years in the league and he turned into a more successful QB than his brother who people call the greatest of all time.
Eli in those days was still miles better than Sanchez. Eli had multiple come from behind wins in 2005 and 2006, the two biggest ones were his game versus Denver and when he was down 24-7 at Philly. I've yet to see Sanchez command his offense and lead them.

Wrayfield

So how'd the cheaters look last night? Any bounties collected?

I dunno if you can call Kolb bounty-worthy, maybe it was just a free-of-charge bounty?

Seriously though, hard to tell. O line looked solid to me, then again, dunno how much that's worth against Cards D. Brees looked like Brees on one series. Stopped watching after 1 quarter.

Well fuck me up the ass......

Whisenhunt does not think Kolb's piss poor piece of fuck play warranted negative discussion from everyone in the world, because the offensive line was not playing as good as they did later in the game.

God damnit Whiz, why cant you see a pussy when everyone else see's it. This just means as soon as he is healthy its go time for Kolb again as a starter.

eznark

Banned

Whisenhunt does not think Kolb's piss poor piece of fuck play warranted negative discussion from everyone in the world, because the offensive line was not playing as good as they did later in the game.

God damnit Whiz, why cant you see a pussy when everyone else see's it. This just means as soon as he is healthy its go time for Kolb again as a starter.

Football season!

squicken

He's garbo. Whiz and/or Graves stuck his neck out on the guy, so they have to play him or lose their jobs. b/c Skelton isn't going to take them anywhere with how inaccurate he is. But maybe ground and pound and deep stuff off play action could work?

NFL willing to reduce Saints' players suspensions

The NFL has offered to reduce New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma's year-long suspension to eight games as part of ongoing settlement talks involving the league, the NFL Players Association and legal representatives for the four players who were suspended for their alleged participation in the team's bounty program from 2009-2011, according to sources familiar with the discussions.

The league's offer was made late last week but it is conditional upon Vilma dropping a civil lawsuit charging commissioner Roger Goodell with defamation of character, sources said. Vilma has expressed his strong feelings about his tainted reputation.

The talks could also lead to reductions in the suspensions of the other three players -- Saints defensive end Will Smith (four games), Packers defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove (eight games), and Browns linebacker Scott Fujita (three games).

If the league is willing to settle out of court, does this mean that they're afraid to go to trial?
Maybe Drew was right after all. He's still an asshat, though.

Source: Jonathan Vilma, Saints LB, has no NFL settlement offer

The NFL "has made no settlement offer" to New Orleans Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma regarding his season-long suspension for his role in a "bounty" program despite reports to the contrary, a source close to the situation told NFL.com and NFL Network reporter Steve Wyche on Monday morning.

The source told Wyche that the lack of an offer does not mean a proposal might not be made in the future.

ESPN.com reported Vilma had received an offer that would reduce his suspension to eight games on the condition that the linebacker drop his defamation lawsuit against NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, citing sources familiar with discussions by the NFL, the NFL Players Association and the counsel for Vilma and three other suspended players.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league had no comment on the report.

The two sides are scheduled to appear before U.S. District Court Judge Ginger Berrigan on Friday. The courts have ordered the parties to engage in settlement discussions.

Vilma and Saints defensive end Will Smith (four games), now-Green Bay Packers defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove (eight games) and now-Cleveland Browns linebacker Scott Fujita (three games) were all suspended for their roles in the "bounty" program, in which former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams ran a system from 2009 to 2011 that allegedly rewarded defensive players for injuring or knocking opponents out of games.

Goodell told NFL.com's Marc Sessler on Saturday that it was "clear" the Saints players received payments for injuring other players and that the league "would not tolerate it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...l-settlement-offer?module=HP11_headline_stack

So...

cajunator

Banned

The Saints Dline is mediocre. If they were getting pressure then your Oline is definitely garbo. SPags employs the well known 4 man Dline pressure front and dropping everybody else into coverage. Our sack count will be stupid low but it may help to keep everything in front of our defense instead of constantly bending and breaking.

Kolb fucking sucks though.

squicken

11393300-standard.jpg

Sean Payton had kind of gotten chunky the last few years. Looking better here. Seems everyone in the NFCS is losing weight.

eznark

Banned
11393300-standard.jpg

Sean Payton had kind of gotten chunky the last few years. Looking better here. Seems everyone in the NFCS is losing weight.

lol, dude looks like he has some plastic surgery on his face. And why is he sticking his tits out to Brees like that?

squicken

lol, dude looks like he has some plastic surgery on his face. And why is he sticking his tits out to Brees like that?

He kind of has that "lost weight but doesn't look as good as he think he does" thing going that Phil Mickleson occasionally does. He seems to be flexing a lot. And I think he had a neck job or whatever it's called where they remove double-chins

11393302-standard.jpg

lol Bucs

7. I think this tells you more of what you need to know about New England's further offseason obsession with tight ends: The Patriots were interested in acquiring Kellen Winslow from Tampa Bay before the Bucs dealt him to Seattle. I'm told the relationship between Bucs coach Greg Schiano and Bill Belichick had something to do with the deal not getting made with the Patriots. Schiano knew Winslow wouldn't be Belichick's kind of player, and so the Bucs -- who would have been advantaged by sending Winslow to an AFC team instead of the NFC 'Hawks -- made a deal for a conditional seventh-round pick with Seattle.

I also hear New England might have been willing to offer a sixth-round pick for Winslow at one point. The Pats ended up signing Visanthe Shiancoe, another solid veteran. Belichick obviously is going to continue using the tight end tight to the formation, split out, set in the slot and lined up in the backfield.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/08/05/mmqb/index.html#ixzz22m6jSGFF

Levyne

Banned
Why did Kolb even pretend to warrant the trade he got. He once won two games in a row? I suppose when you get a chance to replace Anderson and Leinart with Kevin Kolb, you gotta do it.

bionic77

Kolb has two fans left. Whiz (who Kolb will eventually get fired) and yankeehater (who still thinks he will turn it around and become the greatest qb of all time).

I don't understand the NFL sometimes. I remember seeing Kolb first start against the Steelers in 2008. Granted that was against one of the best defenses ever, but I could tell in 5 minutes he was absolute fucking garbage. He was literally our best chance of winning that game because our line could not block for shit that game. The game was over as soon as McNabb came back on the field. How could I as an amateur fan know this about Kolb and yet so many analysts be convinced that he was a starting tier qb? Is he amazing on the practice field? Does he have a massive schlong (this may partially explain yankeehater's love for the guy)? I don't get what they are seeing in him...

andthebeatgoeson

Why did Kolb even pretend to warrant the trade he got. He once won two games in a row? I suppose when you get a chance to replace Anderson and Leinart with Kevin Kolb, you gotta do it.

300 yards in 2 games straight. we'dtoldthemitwouldtrickledown.jpg

I hope Vilma keeps pushing and falls on the grenade. Maybe the judge will force them to hold the suspensions. I can only hope. Why? Fuck Goodall, is all.

jakncoke

Banned
He was also a member of the Chicago Bears squad of strikebreaking replacement players, known as the "Spare Bears", during the 1987 NFL players strike.[8] In 3 games he completed 8 of 23 passes (34.8%), for 79 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT, a passer rating of 7.3.

lol sean payton

Top Bottom