• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Went o a BBQ yesterday. All the burgers, corn, and steak I could eat.

They didn't show any of the swimming live either. What's your point? About the only thing I've seen live is soccer and volleyball.

My point is that the ratings for the US numbers for the 100M aren't available, because they showed it on delay. All indication is that it blew everything else out of the water though.

Talon

After walking around the block for 10 minutes, I settled on sausage stuffed pizza. It'll do.
chicken sandwich
I wish. Chik-fil-a's too far from here to grab for lunch. I'd be eating there every other day, otherwise.
Fried green tomato sandwiches.
Alas, I'm not in the south.
i ate some leftovers from yesterday. cheesy califlower, southwest corn and some chicken that lightly coated in bbq sauce
Sounds tasty and healthier than what I'm eating.

jakncoke

Banned
After walking around the block for 10 minutes, I settled on sausage stuffed pizza. It'll do.

I wish. Chik-fil-a's too far from here to grab for lunch. I'd be eating there every other day, otherwise.

Alas, I'm not in the south.

Sounds tasty and healthier than what I'm eating.

sausage stuffed pizza? that sounds amazing

bionic77

I like eating a salad for lunch. If I eat something heavy I get really sleepy and find it hard to stay away the rest of the day.

I usually eat something heavier for dinner, for example we are grilling burgers tonight. God I love summer.

Talon

I like eating a salad for lunch. If I eat something heavy I get really sleepy and find it hard to stay away the rest of the day.

I usually eat something heavier for dinner, for example we are grilling burgers tonight. God I love summer.
I actually pack my own lunch at least 4 days a week. Been on an avocado kick lately, so I've been doing salads with an avocado lime dressing and shrimp as the protein. Alternate is some sort of sandwich.

I let myself pig out on something unhealthy once a week.

Talon

What in the fuck are those collar stripes on the Saints jerseys?

They look worse than they did on the mannequins.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

I eat salads for lunch because they're healthy, around 100 calories and that's it. I hate salads. I fucking hate them. Fuck Mars, when they gonna make a pill that makes fried chicken as healthy as carrot sticks?

bionic77

Stop eating crappy salads.
Agreed. Though it is probably hard to make a really good salad on just 100 calories. That would imply no good meat toppings or even a decent dressing.

I am with him on making healthy fried chicken. I generally limit myself to fried chicken once a month, but damn if that isn't the best fucking day of the year when my wife makes it.

WanderingWind

Unless that fucker has fried chicken on it, then it won't be as tasty as a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's.

I mean, sure, you can throw a fuckton of cheese, dressing, bacon bits and croutons on it and still pretend it's "healthy" but that defeats the purpose.

Salads suck.

Milchjon

Unless that fucker has fried chicken on it, then it won't be as tasty as a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's.

I mean, sure, you can throw a fuckton of cheese, dressing, bacon bits and croutons on it and still pretend it's "healthy" but that defeats the purpose.

Salads suck.

Nah. My mom makes great salads without putting all that shit in. Mine suck when I leave out meat and stuff, though.

Talon

Salads suck.
Wrong, sir. Look at this:
salads_asianchickensalad_2.jpg

Lettuce, sesame seeds, shaved radish, chicken, presumably some scallions, and you could add avocado in there for flavor.

The salad I usually make is lettuce, arugula, radish, 6 or so shrimp, chunks of avocado, and the dressing is a lime-avocado base - add a few tortilla chips or almonds for texture. High in good fats and fiber.

eznark

Banned
Leave the dressing off the salad and you can make a great, healthy lunch. Grilled chicken, bacon bits and some shredded cheese on iceberg.

Mifune

Mehmber
I'm getting a little worried at all the press sucking our dicks so early on. We still have Ryan Fitzpatrick behind center, and a 30 year old running back. Our D is much improved, but we're still walking into the season with the same offense that only ranked 14th in the league. Even if we're still at 14, I don't see that as being able to grab more than a wild card spot. Brady and Belichick are still probably 5 years away from being an irrelevant combo.

14th isn't bad given how disastrous our second half was.

I have to believe that Lee will help keep Fitzpatrick's mechanics solid (keep in mind, Fitz didn't know anything about footwork before this season) moving forward. I'm less worried about him and more worried about what happens if he gets hurt. Vince Young and Thigpen have looked TERRIBLE. But I guess that's the case with most teams.

Oh, and this is the season Spiller becomes our number one back. Bank on it. He's already getting a much bigger share of the workload than he was a season ago.

Milchjon

Leave the dressing off the salad and you can make a great, healthy lunch. Grilled chicken, bacon bits and some shredded cheese on iceberg.

I'd rather leave the cheese, chicken and bacon off than the dressing. A dry salad is the worst. But yeah, chicken on salad makes it awesome.

IMO, you have to put different greens in to make it great. Peppers, cucumbers, carrots and all that, to give it some (textural) variety.

WanderingWind

14th isn't bad given how disastrous our second half was.

I have to believe that Lee will help keep Fitzpatrick's mechanics solid (keep in mind, Fitz didn't know anything about footwork before this season) moving forward. I'm less worried about him and more worried about what happens if he gets hurt. Vince Young and Thigpen have looked TERRIBLE. But I guess that's the case with most teams.

Oh, and this is the season Spiller becomes our number one back. Bank on it. He's already getting a much bigger share of the workload than he was a season ago.

I'd say cautiously optimistic is a fair view of the upcoming season. We have an easy schedule, all the pieces seem in place...but history has shown that when the pundits start touting a team as a great thing...it usually ends up being the opposite. See: King, Peter.

eznark

Banned
I'd rather leave the cheese, chicken and bacon off than the dressing. A dry salad is the worst. But yeah, chicken on salad makes it awesome.

IMO, you have to put different greens in to make it great. Peppers, cucumbers, carrots and all that, to give it some (textural) variety.

Be better at grilling and the salad won't be dry.

Top Bottom