• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Nemesis121 said:
He's fine

CB Jayron Hosley has a cut on his leg that required stitches. Coughlin didn't indicate any issues other than that. #nyg

TC was concerned about TT though...
Nice.

T2 is going to need to take it easy on that knee of his. 2nd ACL tear of the same knee - I'd be worried too. I like the depth we have behind him though as long we don't see the CB massacre of 2011 repeat itself. The Prince has taken first team reps and is having a pretty good camp.

G-Fex

This stupid tv at work said that Tom Brady's birthday is this week.

With that I say Happy Birthday to the postergirl for The Patriots.

Guy took my job...fuck it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/30/felix-jones-fails-conditioning-test/

The Cowboys got training camp started with conditioning tests on Monday and not every member of the team was ready for the task.

Most notable among the three players who failed the test was running back Felix Jones. Jones wasn’t able to pass the test, which required him to run 60 yards in eight seconds, and will now have to do remedial running until he takes and passes the test. Jones won’t be practicing with the team until that happens.

Another Eagles WR suffers injury (mostly depth folks)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/30/eagles-wr-ron-johnson-suffers-gruesome-leg-injury/

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer called Johnson’s injury “gruesome.” Dave Zangaro of CSNPhilly.com wrote that Johnson’s feet got caught as he went down to the ground hard, and that he suffered what looked like an “ugly” ankle injury. Several people on the scene said it looked like the kind of injury that ends a player’s season.

bionic77

You all should be banned for your talk against Lord Brady
You take away their freedoms and I give them Internet accolades.

This is why you don't have friends. Also your nick is disgusting. Lady Gaga and Alligators are two of the most disgusting creatures on the planet. They are so inherently nasty that even Josh Freeman wouldn't consider putting either anywhere near his mouth.

You take away their freedoms and I give them Internet accolades.

This is why you don't have friends. Also your nick is disgusting. Lady Gaga and Alligators are two of the most disgusting creatures on the planet. They are so inherently nasty that even Josh Freeman wouldn't consider putting either anywhere near his mouth.

racist

LJ11

I'm sort of out of it on coverage concepts. Looks like the Rams are paying Finnegan $30m to play slot CB, with possibly two rookies on outside. Seems like a lot of money for a slot CB, but I guess nowadays there are almost always 3 CBs on the field

Yeah, can't have enough CBs. It's pretty difficult to play the slot, so better to have a vet inside and let the rookies do what they've done which is play the outside. Bills did that a lot last year. Had the vet cover the slot and let the rooks play outside.

Yeah, can't have enough CBs. It's pretty difficult to play the slot, so better to have a vet inside and let the rookies do what they've done which is play the outside. Bills did that a lot last year. Had the vet cover the slot and let the rooks play outside.

The Patriots had nobody covering anybody, worked out great as well.

Beginning of the end

I'm just waiting for that Trent Richardson torn ACL news. Then we will watch the Browns fans start to disappear. If not, that'll happen after Week 2.

Edit: Why am I engaging with the Browns fans? They're like a small child trying to hang out with the big kids. It's cute and entertaining, but when it comes down to it, they don't belong.

squicken

Gotta say that Dallas has the most interesting owners. Jerry with his old man player ways and glory holes, Cuban being Cuban, and Nolan Ryan doing political ads. I can't think of a sports owner who has ever gone out and done political ads for a candidate. Usually they stay neutral b/c they want to work with everyone to bilk taxpayers

I'm just waiting for that Trent Richardson torn ACL news. Then we will watch the Browns fans start to disappear. If not, that'll happen after Week 2.

Edit: Why am I engaging with the Browns fans? They're like a small child trying to hang out with the big kids. It's cute and entertaining, but when it comes down to it, they don't belong.
Haha not surprising a Ravens fan stooping As low as to wish serious injury on another teams player, you really are all thugs and criminals smh smh

BigAT

Sounds like there is little to no chance of good news on the Terrell Thomas front. MRI showed an injury involving the ACL, although they are unsure whether or not it's a tear. They will do exploratory surgery to find out for sure, but I don't have any hope. The injury bug isn't even waiting this year to attack the Giants it seems.

I guess it doesn't even matter if you leave the Giants, injuries will follow:

John Keim ‏@john_keim
shanahan said Goff has an acl tear. Out for the season. #redskins

Goff tore his ACL in the preseason last year for the Giants as well.

Terrell Thomas is likely done. Not just for the season but possibly football in general.

Word is he sustained another ACL injury and the Giants are consulting with the surgery folks in Manhattan. That would be the third ACL injury to that knee and no player has made it back to the NFL after 3 ACL tears.

Damn shame.:(

EDIT: Big beat me to it.

Its not even Trent Richardson. They need to worry about their old man QB and his arthritis acting up

They also need to worry about the fact that everyone else on their team, other than those two rookies, are terrible at football.

That's not true, it's not know yet if those 2 rookies don't suck either.

The Browns actually have some nice players, I would like a CB like Hayden on the Pats

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Fans in Oxnard chanting "Super Bowl! Super Bowl!" #Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says, "Amen." Then looks forward to "beating the Giants ass"

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Obviously, #Cowboys have sky divers coming before camp

#Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says, "Amen." Then looks forward to "beating the Giants ass"
jerry-jones-face.jpg

Jerry_Jones_Luxury_Box_Giants_Cowboys_SSP13.jpg

JerryJonesCrying.jpg

4f01f0774deee.gif

Yawn. Keep telling me how much the Cowboys are going to "beat the Giants ass". They haven't even been able to win in their own building.

Go back to looking for glory holes, Jerrah.

Top Bottom