• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

Talon

Sounds like a plan.

Meet me in the center of Newark, NJ around 3am this Friday. Be sure to dress as nicely as possible (meaning no Pats shit) and come alone. I am a little weird about banks so I will just bring a giant bag of money. Will a hundred grand be sufficient? I think a $5k fee would be fair for your services. We have never met, so I will be the really muscular guy wearing a Giants jacket on the street corner (don't worry about parking, it is really easy to find parking in Newark). Just approach me and ask for the money I am to deliver to you. If I act like I don't know the fuck you are talking about and act all angry and shit, just ignore it, that is just an inside joke in Newark. Its hilarious so feel free to start laughing as well no matter how angry I get.

If you can't make it Friday just let me know a time that works for you. I am local so I can make it almost any day. It has to be late at night because I can't leave until I put my son to bed.

See you then friend!
Defending rapists and now soliciting rape victims!

How vile.

Sounds like a plan.

Meet me in the center of Newark, NJ around 3am this Friday. Be sure to dress as nicely as possible (meaning no Pats shit) and come alone. I am a little weird about banks so I will just bring a giant bag of money. Will a hundred grand be sufficient? I think a $5k fee would be fair for your services. We have never met, so I will be the really muscular guy wearing a Giants jacket on the street corner (don't worry about parking, it is really easy to find parking in Newark). Just approach me and ask for the money I am to deliver to you. If I act like I don't know the fuck you are talking about and act all angry and shit, just ignore it, that is just an inside joke in Newark. Its hilarious so feel free to start laughing as well no matter how angry I get.

If you can't make it Friday just let me know a time that works for you. I am local so I can make it almost any day. It has to be late at night because I can't leave until I put my son to bed.

See you then friend!

I'm surprised it took you so long to become a Giants fan. Since the Steelers aren't able to consistently beat us, and the Giants unfortunately are. Good for you, let your true colors shine through. As a Giants fan now, do you have some love for BB, since he was the best defensive coordinator you guys ever had and lead you to a Super Bowl victory?

Can't wait to meet! I'll be wearing a tuxedo to class the whole thing up a bit.

MechDX

Vikebike..Buctruck....

22707_10151099093586314_2005205208_n.jpg

Bullfighter bitches!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Alex smith leads the league in comp %,

That would actually be Peyton Manning, who Harbaugh tried to sign, going behind the back of his bitch, caddy and QB. Observing Harbaughs postgame demeanor it comes as no shock he would try to backstab his caddy and QB.

And while Alexis may have a high completion percentage it's because he throws checkdown 3-5 yard passes to his RB's and TE's. That's why small hands is 28th in the league in passing yards per game, while the second youngest QB to ever reach 10,000 yards, Matthew Stafford, is 7th.

Talon

That would actually be Peyton Manning, who Harbaugh tried to sign, at the same time backstabbing his Caddy and QB. Observing Harbaughs postgame demeanor it comes as no shock he would try to backstab his caddy and QB.

And while Alexis may have a high completion percentage it's because he throws checkdown 3-5 yard passes to his RB's and TE's. That's why small hands is 28th in the league in passing yards per game, while the second youngest QB to ever reach 10,000 yards, Matthew Stafford, is 7th.
Alexis' YPA is 7.9
Fatford is down at 6.9

Draxal

Sounds like a plan.

See you then friend!

Gotta keep it real and meet in Camden, keep the Giant's jacket on though.

Milchjon

I don't lend people money, I do make purchases for people though. Even when giving to charities I demand a list of items they need and buy them. Beggars and cash are a terrible combination.

I have a heart of gold, bitch.

Gold is expensive these days. No wonder you can't throw away money for other people.

Talon

It's not how the game starts, it's how it finishes. Stafford finishes far ahead of of Alexis by the time the game is over.
Not in Wins. Or Touchdowns. Or any meaningful measure.

I have to say, since moving to Ann Arbor I have yet to see anyone wearing Lions gear. I've seen more Packers and Colts gear than Lions.

Bowser

I have to say, since moving to Ann Arbor I have yet to see anyone wearing Lions gear. I've seen more Packers and Colts gear than Lions.

Incorrect, Stafford is beating Smith when it comes to throwing picks!

God, I can't believe I'm defending Alexis and FMT...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Are you implying Alex Smith is a better QB than Matthew Stafford?

Stafford could've had 4 TD's last week but instead were converted into rushing TD's.

Milchjon

117 pounds.
soaking wet.
According to Red Cross I am 7 pounds over the limit so I guess I can now.

American pounds aren't like European pounds (500g), right? According to Google I weigh like 185 (American) pounds, so that's scary. I think I'm about 6'2.

You Americans need to go with the times and accept the superiority of the metric system already.

That would actually be Peyton Manning, who Harbaugh tried to sign, going behind the back of his bitch, caddy and QB. Observing Harbaughs postgame demeanor it comes as no shock he would try to backstab his caddy and QB.

Lol we have the best rushing offense in the league. If Alex put the ball up 50 times a game he'd be destroying stafford. He has a much better YPA. Fatt is a fluke. He is like Tim tebow. Doesn't do shit for 3 quarters and then tries to rectify it late but unlike Tim tebow stafford usually loses

ari

Banned
Kastrioti, may you kindly wear a bears avatar? You kinda lost an avatar bet brah.

Lol we have the best rushing offense in the league. If Alex put the ball up 50 times a game he'd be destroying stafford. He has a much better YPA. Fatt is a fluke. He is like Tim tebow. Doesn't do shit for 3 quarters and then tries to rectify it late but unlike Tim tebow stafford usually loses

Matthew stafford is an excellent QB. We are all proud of smith and harbaugh's stanford system, but this is a ridiculous argument.

American pounds aren't like European pounds (500g), right? According to Google I weigh like 185 (American) pounds, so that's scary. I think I'm about 6'2.

You Americans need to go with the times and accept the superiority of the metric system already.

Tall bastard, might be better if we don't meet for my ego's sake.
6'0", 190 lbs

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kastrioti, may you kindly wear a bears avatar? You kinda lost an avatar bet brah.

Uhhhhhhh what? Are you high? Do you not remember you backing out of the avatar bet?

ari said:
Kastrioti said:
Its on! First avatar bet I've done how long do they usually last? I mean I know we're going to win but hypothetically if some catastrophic were to happen I would eventually want my Suh avatar back. ;)
until the next time we meet later on in the season?

I asked you numerous times to be my first avatar bet but you said you had a bet with someone else, after offering me an avatar bet which I agreed to.

Well first based on the fact that Stafford is one million times more talented than Alex Smith. The stats from the last two years prove this.

On top of that Stafford plays in the best division in the league while Alex plays in one of the worst.

Lol ok. Alex is better than fatty in every meaningful statistical category this year so the stats actually don't prove that. Alex has more wins and has won in the playoffs.

I don't think Alex is s great qb, I just don't think Fatt is as good as lions fans make him out to be. He has a big arm and throws the ball downfield a lot which is why people think he should be considered a top qb but he just isnt

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Matthew Stafford is a better QB then Alex Smith. I am not sure how stats or wins equal up for your argument, but Stafford blows dude out of the water. QBRs can only win you so many arguments.

It's not even close. Alex has a solid team around him but when the game is on the line who would you rather have, Matthew Stafford or Alex Smith?

Alex Smith is a QB who will manage a game for you, Matthew Stafford is a QB who goes out and wins a game for you.

All good, just make sure we have an avatar bet for when the Lions play the Cubs at home in December.

squicken

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-9-dvoa-ratings

Texans and Falcons two of the biggest fraud teams of past 20 years

Atlanta has the lowest DVOA of any 8-0 team during the DVOA Era. In fact, even if we included both 8-0 and 7-1 teams, the 2012 Falcons come out ranked 40th out of 43 teams. (Teams that went on a bye after eight games are included in that count only once.) This doesn't mean Atlanta isn't a good team, but they certainly don't compare to juggernauts of recent years like the 2007 Patriots and 1998 Broncos. Here's a look at the ten lowest DVOA ratings for teams at 8-0 or 7-1:

You may have noticed that another one of this year's top teams, Houston, is also on that list of good-but-not-great 7-1/8-0 teams. Our third seven-win team, Chicago, is about average historically for a team with their record, but of course they are quite imbalanced. They rank first in the league in defense and special teams, but 25th on offense. The Bears have moved up from the fifth-best defense in DVOA history to the fourth-best defense in DVOA history -- and remember, FO counts turnover returns based on what the average return does on similar interceptions (based on location and pass distance), not based on how long the actual return is. So in our stats, the Bears aren't getting as much credit for all those defensive touchdowns, and they still have a historically great defense. Ignore anyone who argues that the Bears are feasting on easy opponents, by the way. They've played a very easy schedule of opposing defenses, but an average schedule of opposing offenses.

jakncoke said:
I meant for me the election was over with. I never voted before, never knew you had to vote for so many fuckers.
Ah. Don't follow local politics much then?:) I'd argue those local "fuckers" are more important than the national ones more often than not. Definitely get to know them.

It's not even close. Alex has a solid team around him but when the game is on the line who would you rather have, Matthew Stafford or Alex Smith?

Alex Smith is a QB who will manage a game for you, Matthew Stafford is a QB who goes out and wins a game for you.

All good, just make sure we have an avatar bet for when the Lions play the Cubs at home in December.

How many games has stafford won this year? How many times has he beaten Alex head to head? Pull whatever excuse you want out of your snatch. You are what you are in this league and stafford is a loser. Case closed!

Draxal

Ah. Don't follow local politics much then?:) I'd argue those local "fuckers" are more important than the national ones more often than not. Definitely get to know them.

Definitely have to agree with this, and your VOTE Does matter a ton more here (let's face it in the presidential election only 6 states matter).

jakncoke

Banned

Thats probably really accurate, next time i shall educate myself. This time was defense mode vs. Romney.

Mrbob

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-9-dvoa-ratings

Texans and Falcons two of the biggest fraud teams of past 20 years

Mech, Smokey, and Matrix...man down!

The Bears have moved up from the fifth-best defense in DVOA history to the fourth-best defense in DVOA history -- and remember, FO counts turnover returns based on what the average return does on similar interceptions (based on location and pass distance), not based on how long the actual return is. So in our stats, the Bears aren't getting as much credit for all those defensive touchdowns, and they still have a historically great defense. Ignore anyone who argues that the Bears are feasting on easy opponents, by the way. They've played a very easy schedule of opposing defenses, but an average schedule of opposing offenses.

cutler.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lol ok. Alex is better than fatty in every meaningful statistical category this year so the stats actually don't prove that. Alex has more wins and has won in the playoffs.

I don't think Alex is s great qb, I just don't think Fatt is as good as lions fans make him out to be. He has a big arm and throws the ball downfield a lot which is why people think he should be considered a top qb but he just isnt

Alex can be better than Stafford in statistical categories right now. That's fine. Just like Squall ASF telling me 5 weeks ago the Cardinals were a better team than the Lions.

Stafford haters seem to forget he is only 24 years old and he's not even into his second full season yet.

Here are two key stats:

As noted by Kevin Seifert via Twitter, Stafford's fourth-quarter comeback on Sunday was his 16th career victory. It also was the eighth time that the young quarterback has led his team on a comeback in the final quarter of play. In other words, half of the time Stafford wins football games, he leads his team on a comeback to do so. He's had nine game-winning drives in the fourth quarter, though only eight comebacks, as a tie is included in the former stat.

http://detroit.sbnation.com/lions/2012/10/29/3572486/matthew-stafford-comebacks-detroit-lions

With six minutes left in the first quarter, Matthew Stafford hit tight end Tony Scheffler with a clutch 28-yard pass on a third-and-11 play.

The completion gave him 64 passing yards for the game, putting him over 10,000 for his career. In his 37th start, Stafford becomes the second-fastest player to throw for 10,000 yards.

Kurt Warner did it in 36 games, but Stafford did it faster than Marc Bulger (38), Dan Marino (38) and Peyton Manning (39).

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121104/SPORTS0101/211040331#ixzz2BUHhiCTe

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...ord-is-second-fastest-to-10-000-yards-passing

Alex has been a great game manager, but as the Giants game proved the second you get a decent lead on the 49ers, you guys are done.

Top Bottom