• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

Talon

I have my politics but I'm not dogging on it b/c I don't like or like what I read. I just don't think he gets validated on predicting two elections, elections most people could have called the day before they took place.
Again, he didn't call the election. His model predicted a result and was very accurate.

As opposed to Joe Schmo pulling a state-by-state map out of his ass like a March Madness bracket.
The day after the election is always pretty hilarious.

The old ladies at my office will be fucking pissed if Obama wins. And everyone else will be pissed if Romney wins.

If Obama wins the coverage from Fox is going to be amazing must watch tv for the next week. No idea how they respond if he wins. They spent the last 4 years trying hard to get him out of office. No idea which direction they will go after this election if Obama wins.

I think you are throwing your vote away if you vote for Johnson, but honestly I am annoyed that I don't get to vote for a candidate who will ever offer up the choice of cutting the military and stopping us from getting involved in foreign wars and instead investing that money in infrastructure. The cheeseheads in wisconsin have gone long enough with dial up and instead of spending trillions bombing brown people maybe we should spend some of that money at home and get those Packer fans teeth and FIOS (I would also like FIOS).
Hey, man. A hegemony has a moral obligation to act in the anarchy of international relations.

Also, the military has done an amazing job of making itself lobby proof by having a presence in every single state in the country.

But, as my friend that works in robotics for a defense contractor said, "You don't even know half of the crazy technology we have. The military could stop investing in anything for 15 years, and we'd still be further ahead than anyone else in the world."

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just speaking as a former heroin addict, any money I had or could get my hands on, would be for drugs. If that were me in active addiction, I'd have used all of it, and known my intentions the whole time.

But he's not me, so maybe it's true. But having been a part of that lifestyle, I find it hard to believe.

Much respect for battling through the daily battle of addiction, and heroin addiction.

Herion and it's pharmaceutical form, oxycotin, are the best and most addictive drugs on the planet. I like Amirox, but I don't doubt for one second that at least some of the money GAF donated to him was used to fund his opiate addiction.

I went on a one month binge on oxycotin about 2 years ago, and I almost spiraled out of control. I have a very addictive personality, but I kind of know when to stop when shit hits the fan. I started asking coworkers to borrow money for my $35 a pill oxycotin habit, was late on rent and knew I had to stop. Opiates are truly an amazing and terrible drug.

There really should be a free SNES campaign. He was/is a vital part of NFLGAF and he got banned for a bullshit reason, and again, as someone who has fucked up on drugs before I have no doubt Amir0x was not thinking straight when SNES got banned.

squicken

Again, he didn't call the election. His model predicted a result and was very accurate.

As opposed to Joe Schmo pulling a state-by-state map out of his ass like a March Madness bracket.

if joe schmo can pull the map out and be just as accurate, what's the point of the model. babip and ops and WAR were all so awesome b/c no one had that and it provided useful new information in predicting the future

i'm happy you guys like this. i appreciate the information you have provided and will go back to unintelligently discussing football

Talon

Heroin was created as a substitute for opium addicts. That didn't exactly work out the way we intended to.

Now they have soboxone (spelling?) now, which has proven to be the magical pill that satiates heroin addiction, but the DEA is so gungho about prosecuting users that they're fixing production of it for the foreseeable future. The FHA wants to make it readily available because it works incredibly well (and cost a shitton to develop). Pharma wants to sell the shit out of it, so I'm sure it'll be readily available sooner rather than later.
if joe schmo can pull the map out and be just as accurate, what's the point of the model. babip and ops and WAR were all so awesome b/c no one had that and it provided useful new information in predicting the future

i'm happy you guys like this. i appreciate the information you have provided and will go back to unintelligently discussing football
You don't see any use in a statistically-based model independent of human biases?

squicken said:
i'm happy you guys like this.
Who says I like or dislike it? It's a statistical model. I have zero emotional investment in it. If his projections are right, then it's a useful model to project the possible outcome of the presidency in the future. If he's wrong - somehow I'll find a way to sleep at night.

Last I checked - you asked.;)

bionic77

I have never had Oxy but I was prescribed Percocet after my knee surgery and I honestly felt that it did not alter my conscious at all for the 3 weeks I used it before I switched to Tylenol or whatever. I had morphine in the hospital and same thing.

Strange how different the effects can be on different people.

cajunator

Banned
Im stupid for another reason. I lent people way too much money and Im not sure if I will get some of it back. Granted the people really needed help but I cant keep doing it.
Theres such a thing as being too nice. Luckily it hasnt affected me financially long term but I could really use that money as a future safety net.
Too late now I suppose :/

Dragon

Banned
Im stupid for another reason. I lent people way too much money and Im not sure if I will get some of it back. Granted the people really needed help but I cant keep doing it.
Theres such a thing as being too nice. Luckily it hasnt affected me financially long term but I could really use that money as a future safety net.

Don't feel stupid about being nice just because people are assholes. If it makes you feel any better one time I lent some girl I liked money she needed for a hotel because she said she was stuck and had nowhere else to go. I found out later she used that hotel room to fuck some other dude.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Don't feel stupid about being nice just because people are assholes. If it makes you feel any better one time I lent some girl I liked money she needed for a hotel because she said she was stuck and had nowhere else to go. I found out later she used that hotel room to fuck some other dude.

This is funny and sad.

bionic77

Lending money is not bad at all. You have to assume you will never get it back and consider it a pleasant surprise when you get it back.

The worst must be getting a loan. I have loaned family members and friends money several times and it is always pretty shameful for all of them, especially the ones that are older than me. Sometimes it has been substantial amounts of money as well, but never something that would kill me if I did not get it back.

I also think it is good karma to help people out. And you are learning a good lesson at what I assume is a young age about saying no to people. I had difficulty saying no when I was younger, but the older you get the easier it becomes.

eznark

Banned

:baltimorelarry

Talon

Lending money is not bad at all. You have to assume you will never get it back and consider it a pleasant surprise when you get it back.

The worst must be getting a loan. I have loaned family members and friends money several times and it is always pretty shameful for all of them, especially the ones that are older than me. Sometimes it has been substantial amounts of money as well, but never something that would kill me if I did not get it back.

I also think it is good karma to help people out. And you are learning a good lesson at what I assume is a young age about saying no to people. I had difficulty saying no when I was younger, but the older you get the easier it becomes.
Realizing some "adults" have their shit less together than you do has been a sad realization.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I have never had Oxy but I was prescribed Percocet after my knee surgery and I honestly felt that it did not alter my conscious at all for the 3 weeks I used it before I switched to Tylenol or whatever. I had morphine in the hospital and same thing.

Strange how different the effects can be on different people.

Percs are essentially the same as oxycotin. They both have the main ingredient, oxycodeine, which is too good for its own good.

If they were legit 10 mg oxycodeine Percocets you should've felt a damn good high, but it depends on how serious the knee surgery was. And of course at the end of the day drugs affect people differently. I have tons of friends who smoke weed everyday, but when I smoke I get the worst anxiety humanly possible. Chemicals affect each and every person differently.

I can't help but laugh at stoners who say "hey brah smoke a J and relax". Weed a lot of people anxiety attacks and you expect them to chill?

Slo

You should definitely feel bad about that.

Mrbob

Good thing you hopped off the Bears bandwagon.

None of this really matters because shy of being caught red handed (like with his much overdo demodding) Amir0x is untouchable on this forum.

Even when he was caught abusing his powers idiots rushed in to defend him.

I need money Dragon. Frankly it's to buy a prostitute, but you're so loose with money that shouldn't bother you! Hand it over.

Talon

Can we talk about the fact that hotels are fucking disgusting?

"Let me pay $180 a night for a bed that hundreds of strangers have slept in and potentially fucked on with old ass sheets that have been used for years."

I think I overpay for hotel rooms just for minor peace of mind.

bionic77

Realizing some "adults" have their shit less together than you do has been a sad realization.
Whatever eznark says, I still think the 47% are people too.

Most of them are retarded and that is why they come to me for money, but some of them needed money for legit reasons (to get a loan for a business, to save their house, etc.). I won't loan you money to buy a new computer or anything I consider unnecessary and I get really pissed if I do loan money to someone who said they were going to go homeless if they did not get something and then I see them going out all the time, buying expensive clothes, etc. That pretty much ended that relationship. Fuck moochers.

cajunator

Banned

Most of them are retarded and that is why they come to me for money, but some of them needed money for legit reasons (to get a loan for a business, to save their house, etc.). I won't loan you money to buy a new computer or anything I consider unnecessary and I get really pissed if I do loan money to someone who said they were going to go homeless if they did not get something and then I see them going out all the time, buying expensive clothes, etc. That pretty much ended that relationship. Fuck moochers.

Thats one reason I lent someone money.
Thats kind of a huge deal to be that financially strapped and would be a horrible situation.

But, as my friend that works in robotics for a defense contractor said, "You don't even know half of the crazy technology we have. The military could stop investing in anything for 15 years, and we'd still be further ahead than anyone else in the world."

That stuff intrigues me to no end. I wanna know what kinda stuff he's talking about, I should send a letter to the army and ask them about it, should I send an email to some general or just to Obama/Romney/Tebow ?

Sometimes you write posts like these and I'm all confused, because deep down inside you're probably a really nice guy. Talking about nice, bought your M3 yet ?

Edit: Btw, at what time will all the results be in ?

beast786

I used all the time also. I have stopped now unless its my wife or my parents. stop it.

You are not helping in pretty much all the cases but postponing fact , that most of them all have bad money management issue and have even lost the shame for asking for help. don't justify by saying its the right cause, because the problem is not the cause but chronic money management that disables them. So don't get fooled by the cause.

Your #1 goal is save your money when YOU will need it in time of emergency and not count on begging, this also imply if you have family with kids or loving partner/parents.

I have my politics but I'm not dogging on it b/c I don't like or like what I read. I just don't think he gets validated on predicting two elections, elections most people could have called the day before they took place.

Political speculators (and gamblers, let's face it) from both sides hate Silver because his model appears shockingly accurate. If it is again this election he'll have effectively destroyed the entire election speculation punditry industry, which before 2008 was more about "gut feeling" and partisan politics.

Oh...you guys have that election stuff tonight? ...Is it really too early for the NFL to consider Tuesday night games? :(

Even when he was caught abusing his powers idiots rushed in to defend him.

When Deacon starts talking like this I just assume he's going to get called for pass interference. The refs are lurking out there somewhere!

bionic77

Thats one reason I lent someone money.
Thats kind of a huge deal to be that financially strapped and would be a horrible situation.
It can be a huge strain on your relationship with people too because sometimes the reason people are losing their house is they are irresponsible assholes who spend more than they earn.

Whatever, there is no right answer to lending money. The only rule is that you have to be ok with not getting the money back, and if that is not the case put that shit in writing.

eznark

Banned

I don't lend people money, I do make purchases for people though. Even when giving to charities I demand a list of items they need and buy them. Beggars and cash are a terrible combination.

I have a heart of gold, bitch.

Slo

That's been the scariest part of growing older to me. When I was young I always assumed that somebody who knew all the answers was "driving" this whole thing. The more experience I get, the more I realize that even the people in charge are usually bumbling fucktards who are barely qualified for their jobs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Can we talk about the fact that hotels are fucking disgusting?

"Let me pay $180 a night for a bed that hundreds of strangers have slept in and potentially fucked on with old ass sheets that have been used for years."

I think I overpay for hotel rooms just for minor peace of mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lZtTZsFVC4

Haha I was watching this last night, about the first hostel in my families Motherland, Montenegro (Crna Gora). I have tons of family there so I could just stay at someones house, but holy crap I saw those mattresses and was grossed out. Like 6 random people sharing the same room, and despite Montenegro being one of the most beautiful countries on the planet, the hostel looked pretty grimy. Never been to a "hostel" but if thats what its like I say we got it good here in America.

cajunator

Banned
It can be a huge strain on your relationship with people too because sometimes the reason people are losing their house is they are irresponsible assholes who spend more than they earn.

Whatever, there is no right answer to lending money. The only rule is that you have to be ok with not getting the money back, and if that is not the case put that shit in writing.

Believe me Ive learned from it. Im too much of a sympathetic person I think. Need to be tougher skinned when it comes to that. Im thick skinned as fuck otherwise.
I agree about people needing money not being financially responsible, but some people really are just down on their luck.

bionic77

Sometimes you write posts like these and I'm all confused, because deep down inside you're probably a really nice guy. Talking about nice, bought your M3 yet ?

Edit: Btw, at what time will all the results be in ?
I would really like the M3, but I am cheap bastard and instead of putting money into a car I don't need I invest it, save it, or put into my kids education account. I honestly have too much money in savings and I feel like I should invest more of it (savings rates really piss me off these days), but I don't really have the time or energy to research stocks or other investments these days to put it into. I guess this is a good problem to have.

Back to the M3. GAF went a long way to my M3 charity fund, but we came up about $5,000 short of the overall goal. Instead of returning the money I will instead send thank you emails to everyone that donated and put the rest in my bank account after we go to a nice trip to the Bahamas. Fuck I am so psyched to be going on a real vacation. It has been 2+ years since we last took a vacation. I saw Culpepper in Miami back then, I wonder what washed up pro athlete we are going to see next week?

bionic77

I don't lend people money, I do make purchases for people though. Even when giving to charities I demand a list of items they need and buy them. Beggars and cash are a terrible combination.

I have a heart of gold, bitch.
This is the least surprising post of all time.

Less surprising then finding out that Amirox is a thieving, douching, drug addled fucktard.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Speaking of dynasties...

603188_10151145324118605_1133512762_n.jpg

Oh yeah...

To be continued in the 2012 season......

Gronkowski?

I would really like the M3, but I am cheap bastard and instead of putting money into a car I don't need I invest it, save it, or put into my kids education account. I honestly have too much money in savings and I feel like I should invest more of it (savings rates really piss me off these days), but I don't really have the time or energy to research stocks or other investments these days to put it into. I guess this is a good problem to have.

Back to the M3. GAF went a long way to my M3 charity fund, but we came up about $5,000 short of the overall goal. Instead of returning the money I will instead send thank you emails to everyone that donated and put the rest in my bank account after we go to a nice trip to the Bahamas. Fuck I am so psyched to be going on a real vacation. It has been 2+ years since we last took a vacation. I saw Culpepper in Miami back then, I wonder what washed up pro athlete we are going to see next week?

Not to brag, but I'm pretty good with investmenst (At least I was when I had time). So if you want just send me the money and I'll do it for you, I'll just take a small fee because you and I are like brothers (One rooting for a terrible sports franchise (you) and one rooting for the model franchise of the NFL (me) but still brothers non the less!). To be honest though I did make a fair share of cash in the last couple of years with stocks, but I had a lot more time then.

And regarding washed up pro athletes, I think some players of the Steelers D fit that category, don't they have a bye week coming up ?

Greg

my place, baby

Seriously though, that's messed up.

This is the least surprising post of all time.

Less surprising then finding out that Amirox is a thieving, douching, drug addled fucktard.
that was more selective than an FMT stat post

bionic77

Not to brag, but I'm pretty good with investmenst (At least I was when I had time). So if you want just send me the money and I'll do it for you, I'll just take a small fee because you and I are like brothers (One rooting for a terrible sports franchise (you) and one rooting for the model franchise of the NFL (me) but still brothers non the less!). To be honest though I did make a fair share of cash in the last couple of years with stocks, but I had a lot more time then.

And regarding washed up pro athletes, I think some players of the Steelers D fit that category, don't they have a bye week coming up ?
Sounds like a plan.

Meet me in the center of Newark, NJ around 3am this Friday. Be sure to dress as nicely as possible (meaning no Pats shit) and come alone. I am a little weird about banks so I will just bring a giant bag of money. Will a hundred grand be sufficient? I think a $5k fee would be fair for your services. We have never met, so I will be the really muscular guy wearing a Giants jacket on the street corner (don't worry about parking, it is really easy to find parking in Newark). Just approach me and ask for the money I am to deliver to you. If I act like I don't know the fuck you are talking about and act all angry and shit, just ignore it, that is just an inside joke in Newark. Its hilarious so feel free to start laughing as well no matter how angry I get.

If you can't make it Friday just let me know a time that works for you. I am local so I can make it almost any day. It has to be late at night because I can't leave until I put my son to bed.

See you then friend!

Top Bottom