• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

Lunchbox

Banned
Mech, Smokey, and Matrix...man down!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/files/2012/11/cutler.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
bears d looks decent because of their shit schedule

scrubs are lucky they dont face us regularly or belichick would've put 45 on them like he did on revis and fatty

Mrbob

bears d looks decent because of their schedule

scrubs are lucky they dont face us regularly or belichick would've put 45 on them like he did on revis and fatty

Ignore anyone who argues that the Bears are feasting on easy opponents, by the way. They've played a very easy schedule of opposing defenses, but an average schedule of opposing offenses.

Bears D would destroy stationary Brady. Jpep would be sitting on his head all game long.

Lunchbox

Banned
Bears D would destroy stationary Brady. Jpep would be sitting on his head all game long.

name an offense they played that play 2 slot receivers like welker/branch, twin tight ends like ours and hybrids backs like ridley/boldin

you'll beat the titans, jaguars, panthers and rams of this world and pump your chest. thats where it starts and ends, basically a shitty version of the falcons. we would put 30 on that D in halftime

squicken

The Bears have a brutal schedule the rest of the year. Of course, so do the MIN and DET. I think SEA has a pretty good shot at the playoffs. They've gotten their toughest games out of the way and only have division home games left. As Russell cements himself as one of the 5 best QBs in the game they'll be SB contenders by the end of the year

Mrbob

I see Pats fans enjoy bringing up the past like it's relevant this season. Memories are all you guys have at this point. Team isn't bouncing back into a serious contender anytime soon.

Milchjon

I'd rather have the Bears win the SB than just about every other contending team.

Thinking about it, GO PATS really is the only solution.

Edit:
Rob Gronkowski, TE - Through 8 games in 2011 – 44-594-6. Through 8 games in 2012 – 43-580-7.

GRONK GRONK

I see Pats fans enjoy bringing up the past like it's relevant this season. Memories are all you guys have at this point. Team isn't bouncing back into a serious contender anytime soon.

Those and that Tom Brady guy, oh and the best TEs in the game, plus that young promising RB, wait no we have 2 of those, and the best slot WR in the game, plus his back-up Walter Wiskers or something + a young pass rusher and maybe the best Oline in the league.

But those memories man!

Milchjon

Those and that Tom Brady guy, oh and the best TEs in the game, plus that young promising RB, wait no we have 2 of those, and the best slot WR in the game, plus his back-up Walter Wiskers or something + a young pass rusher and maybe the best Oline in the league.

But those memories man!

Don't forget that one fat guy.

Milchjon

And that young fat guy next to him. We also have a nice bunch of young Lbs. With Spikes leading the charge, Mayo starting to semi-live up to his hype and Studtower.

Good thing we still have those memories though.

It's the best potential team the Patriots has had in a few years.

Alex can be better than Stafford in statistical categories right now. That's fine. Just like Squall ASF telling me 5 weeks ago the Cardinals were a better team than the Lions.

Stafford haters seem to forget he is only 24 years old and he's not even into his second full season yet.

Here are two key stats:

http://detroit.sbnation.com/lions/2012/10/29/3572486/matthew-stafford-comebacks-detroit-lions

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...ord-is-second-fastest-to-10-000-yards-passing

Alex has been a great game manager, but as the Giants game proved the second you get a decent lead on the 49ers, you guys are done.

1. it's not just statistical categories that alex beats matt stafford in. it's also wins. but i guess that won't ever matter to lions fans

2. who gives a shit how old he is or how young he is? its like you're holding onto the hope that one day he MIGHT be an elite QB who can overcome the mediocre lions team around him.... but not today. that day may never come.

3. alex smith had 7 comeback wins last year... including one in the playoffs! stafford wouldn't know anything about winning in the playoffs though since he shit the bed when his team needed him most.

4. you can have your precious 10,000 yard mark and whatever else. alex is concerned with the playoffs and Fatt is concerned with padding his stats, content to be a 7-9 team. congrats on dem records!

TheFatOne

I'd rather have the Bears win the SB than just about every other contending team.

Edit:

GRONK GRONK

He hasn't been healthy all season either. At this point I don't think he will ever be 100%, but he should be much better after the bye. I hope the Pats take their time with Hernandez.

Im excited to see Talib.I wish he could play this week.

I'm excited to see anyone else play corner at this point.

Tom Penny

He hasn't been healthy all season either. At this point I don't think he will ever be 100%, but he should be much better after the bye. I hope the Pats take their time with Hernandez.

How can one hate Gronk? One day he will be permanently IR'd from the Hivitty Divitty.

sluts2.jpg

MechDX

Mech, Smokey, and Matrix...man down!

[imghttp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/files/2012/11/cutler.jpg[/img]

And yet you bearly beat Cam and struggled against Detroit. Cutler will be your demise, Wade will bring the pain!

Gronk is the most entertaining football player in some time.

I only hope one day that Rodgers drops the faux humility schtick and goes full Jordan.

ari

Banned
And yet you bearly beat Cam and struggled against Detroit. Cutler will be your demise, Wade will bring the pain!

Name one team that didn't struggle against an inferior opponent this year? Just because we didn't blew them out, doesn't mean we isn't what are record tells us. Unlike the falcons where they constantly struggle against shit team, we absolutely demolish them.

Alex vs. Stafford: Stafford is better, only a niners fan believe smith is better. I fucking hate the fucking lions and even i know Stafford is up there with the best of them.

Also, Stafford comeback heroics is well noted.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My dvr went tits up, so no TV for me this evening. You guys will have to let me know when Gary Johnson is declared dictator supreme of earth.

Tom Penny

Name one team that didn't struggle against an inferior opponent this year?

Alex vs. Stafford: Stafford is better, only a niners fan believe smith is better. I fucking hate the fucking lions and even i know Stafford is up there with the best of them.

No

Mrbob

Pats fans come after me, and then they get defensive. Must take after their QB. So good.

Every team plays at least one stinker a season. Bears got away in theirs with a win. They had no business winning the game, but thank you anyway Just LoseZ.

Division games are always tougher, and Detroit is now making a push. Not sure how that is a "bad" win.

jakncoke

Banned

Edit:

GRONK GRONK

I have a theory that he caught a STD and became superhuman, thus should be banned from the NFL.

Tom Penny

It's really simple. If the Bears get a bye they have a shot at winning the SB. If they don't they basically have none....because those are basically the odds of Cutler playing well in 4 straight games against quality teams.

Milchjon

So what's this, you're 2nd year following the team, or 3rd? LOL

Well, you're the last guy I'd wanna argue football with, but what was the last Pats team that was better on paper than this year's? 2007? We have weapons on pretty much every position that's not the secondary.

Fifth year, actually ;-) Point still stands.

ari

Banned
It's really simple. If the Bears get a bye they have a shot at winning the SB. If they don't they basically have none....because those are basically the odds of Cutler playing well in 4 straight games against quality teams.

That truly reminds me of Eli manning and the the 2007 giants. Nobody thought he would do it either. Eli was absolutely average that season. AVERAGE.

LJ11

Well, you're the last guy I'd wanna argue football with, but what was the last Pats team that was better on paper than this year's? 2007? We have weapons on pretty much every position that's not the secondary.

Fifth year, actually ;-) Point still stands.

I love messing with "glory hunters!"

Yeah, it's a pretty solid squad on offense, defense still wip.

Name one team that didn't struggle against an inferior opponent this year? Just because we didn't blew them out, doesn't mean we isn't what are record tells us. Unlike the falcons where they constantly struggle against shit team, we absolutely demolish them.

stafford isn't "up there with the best of them". lol are you fucking kidding me? although i guess i should expect this from a jpout fan

Milchjon

I love messing with "glory hunters!"

Yeah, it's a pretty solid squad on offense, defense still wip.

Get that soccer crap away from me, GAF is supposed to be my safe haven :p

And I realize trying to defend myself from that accusation will be futile, but I was a fan of the New England region first, football came years later. I'm normally one to go with the underdog.

Top Bottom