• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Week 10 |OT| Wish You Were Here

cdyhybrid

Go Hawks

IND @ JAC lol Jags

SD @ TB lol Norv
TEN @ MIA Fins still scrappy
BUF @ NE Poor Bills fans
OAK @ BAL If B'more ever plays a good team they'll get exposed with their injuries
DEN @ CAR Shame towel ready to go after a week off
NYG @ CIN Giants on the road, a lock
DET @ MIN VIKEBIKE VIKEBIKE VIKEBIKE
ATL @ NO ATL will take the Green Bay route of running up an amazing regular season record and fading silently into the night in the postseason
-----------
NYJ @ SEA Jets suck because they aren't starting Tebow
DAL @ PHI Home team fails slightly less
STL @ SF lol Rams
----------
HOU @ CHI Poutler due for a 3+INT performance

KC @ PIT lol Chiefs

eznark

Banned
Not a chance in hell I am watching that Finley PFT interview, pretty much two of the worst things in the world combined. Did he really talk about fucking chemistry again??

BigAT

I hear you guys like to watch football and eat tacos

gol15.jpg

I just wanted to let you know I like eating tacos too...

No wonder the Giants lost on Sunday. You had better be preparing your ban for the playoff run.

Talon

Fun medical fact guys: When you're in the womb, your nails first appear on the other side of your fingers, so they can drag along a set of nerves as they eventually make their way to the other end.

Presumably this is because nails are a vestige of claws in other mammals.

bionic77

It is sad but the thing I was most excited about during the election was Fox News' reaction, and boy did they deliver.

It was hilarious watching the sad faces and Rove's denial.

Can't wait to see Dick Morris on O'Reilly tonight.

bionic77

Good work Obama.
I voted for Obama but what annoyed me and continues to annoy me is that there is no reasonable alternative. No one is giving me the option to cut military spending. No one is giving me the option of seceding from Massachusetts or declaring war on the Patriots. A lot of things I and probably a lot of Americans want done are common sense and I think you can get a majority of people to agree on, but instead we continue to argue over shit like supply side economics and abortion. Things that were old back in the 80s.

I hope that this loss is a wakeup call to the Republican party to cut some ties and come up with new ideas. I am not like a lot of GAFers who are married to one party and I hope that we get a reasonable alternative out of this election and not more Tea Party insanity.

Fox318

I voted for Obama but what annoyed me and continues to annoy me is that there is no reasonable alternative. No one is giving me the option to cut military spending. No one is giving me the option of seceding from Massachusetts or declaring war on the Patriots. A lot of things I and probably a lot of Americans want done are common sense and I think you can get a majority of people to agree on, but instead we continue to argue over shit like supply side economics and abortion. Things that were old back in the 80s.

I hope that this loss is a wakeup call to the Republican party to cut some ties and come up with new ideas. I am not like a lot of GAFers who are married to one party and I hope that we get a reasonable alternative out of this election and not more Tea Party insanity.

New GOP ideas?

RUSH FOR PRESIDENT

Cut military spending?But the the terrorists will win.

bionic77

New GOP ideas?

RUSH FOR PRESIDENT
Yeah ditching that retard as their spokesperson would be a good start.

Repubs are going to continue to struggle in national elections if they insist on focusing on illiterate southerners, evangelicals and racists. They have to move to middle and come up with something new.

It was obvious this day was coming but I am surprised that we are already there.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

As a Canadian I just feel better with Obama in office. I didn't like some of the stuff Romney was proposing especially about jacking some resources from Canada like we'd just bend over for him.

We probably would

Milchjon

<3 Multi party system <3

bionic77

As a Canadian I just feel better with Obama in office. I didn't like some of the stuff Romney was proposing especially about jacking some resources from Canada like we'd just bend over for him.

We probably would
The last time Obama won PA was a big reason he did so he rewarded us with a Superbowl (the Rooney's switched sides to campaign for him).

Ohio was the biggest state as usual, if the Browns owner campaigned for Obama you can expect to hoist that Lombardi later this year Kave. If not well, prepare for another 1000 years of darkness in Cleveland!

bionic77

Man, Packers players are just crumbling all around us. Getting brittle up there.
That is expected. If you don't get juicing experts for those steroid injections things can get dicey.

Instead of using a sconi they should all go to whoever Clay is going to.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Prepare for many Americans to move to Canada.

No fuck them. Drives me crazy every election the amount of people going "fuck this I'm going to Canada"

We don't want you bitches, get the fuck off my maple syrup!

The last time Obama won PA was a big reason he did so he rewarded us with a Superbowl (the Rooney's switched sides to campaign for him).

Ohio was the biggest state as usual, if the Browns owner campaigned for Obama you can expect to hoist that Lombardi later this year Kave. If not well, prepare for another 1000 years of darkness in Cleveland!

Hmm seems possible. Just need to go undefeated in our last 7 regular season games. I don't see how this can fail.

I hate Harper so much.

We all do, we all do so very much. :(

Draxal

Yeah ditching that retard as their spokesperson would be a good start.

Repubs are going to continue to struggle in national elections if they insist on focusing on illiterate southerners, evangelicals and racists. They have to move to middle and come up with something new.

It was obvious this day was coming but I am surprised that we are already there.

Ya, that's the problem I have the national Republican party, they alienated the centrist core of the party. The fact that Santorum and Gingrich (true slimeball of the highest degree) got so much support in the Primary was utterly disgusting. Now in local politics, I don't like the state of NJ's democratic party (utterly corrupt with a few exceptions such as Codey/Booker), so party affliation doesn't matter as nearly much.

nateeasy

Banned
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8596824/nfl-nfl-top-10-most-underrated-players

Im pleased that Geno got some attention

NFL's top 10 underrated players

1. Geno Atkins, DT, Cincinnati Bengals
Not only is he the most productive pass-rusher among defensive tackles but he's also third in run stop percentage (the number of tackles he makes that constitute a loss for the offense on a per-snap basis). Until he's a fixture in the top 20 of the NFL's best players he'll still be underrated.

2. Justin Houston, OLB, Kansas City Chiefs
This is a man who is underrated even on his own team. It's quite mind-boggling to think that despite being the most productive pass-rusher in the league not named Von Miller (he has 25 QB disruptions on 137 rushes) the Chiefs have dropped him into coverage on 41 percent of all passes.

3. Will Beatty, LT, New York Giants
In his first seven games at LT this year, Beatty has given up one sack and 10 hurries.

4. Alterraun Verner, CB, Tennessee Titans
This season, of regular starting corners with more than 250 snaps in coverage, he's tied for 10th in yards allowed per snap and he's the only player from that group who hasn't given up a touchdown or been flagged for a penalty. Nnamdi Asomugha, by comparison, has given up 1.4 yards per snap, three touchdowns and five penalties.

5. Jairus Byrd, FS, Buffalo Bills
These days he doesn't need flash because he's all substance; he's third among safeties in tackling efficiency and has given up only 90 yards into his coverage all year.

6. Evan Mathis, LG, Philadelphia Eagles
He hasn't given up a sack since we started charting games and has a combination of quickness and strength that's hard to beat. We base performance not on tenuous terms like "vertical displacement" but on every snap played and on that basis Mathis has been the NFL's best the past two years.

7. Philip Wheeler, OLB, Oakland Raiders
At his position he's third in tackling efficiency, second in blitz productivity and 10th in yards allowed per coverage snap.

8. Brandon Spikes, MLB, New England Patriots
However, as a two-down, run-stuffing middle linebacker, he's as good as anyone in the league. He simply blows up plays. His impact may not always show up in the numbers because he's typically not the one cleaning up the havoc he created.

9. Gerald McCoy, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Because of the hype accorded to Ndamukong Suh when he entered the NFL one selection before McCoy in 2010, there's a decent chance the majority of fans still think the Lion is a better player. Well only if that includes staying healthy, because in every other category McCoy is superior. He's solidified a Buccaneers run defense without displaying any of the issues dealing with trap blocks and draw plays that Suh had, and McCoy has also been a more productive pass-rusher (24 pressures on 322 attempts, compared with Suh's 16 on 251 this year).

10. Mike Pouncey, C, Miami Dolphins
Mike has just simply been excellent. Our top-ranked center so far this year, he's allowed only two pressures and given up a single penalty before the officiating crew in Indianapolis got pedantic with false starts.

Milchjon

No fuck them. Drives me crazy every election the amount of people going "fuck this I'm going to Canada"

We don't want you bitches, get the fuck off my maple syrup!

Racist.

Bionic, you should just move to Germany, we have parties for every single one of your twisted needs. You'd probably like like the old people party.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It is sad but the thing I was most excited about during the election was Fox News' reaction, and boy did they deliver.

It was hilarious watching the sad faces and Rove's denial.

Can't wait to see Dick Morris on O'Reilly tonight.

I bet poor Karl Rove was looking for votes in his sleep.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nick Perry is on IR?

This team....

Ya, that's the problem I have the national Republican party, they alienated the centrist core of the party. The fact that Santorum and Gingrich (true slimeball of the highest degree) got so much support in the Primary was utterly disgusting. Now in local politics, I don't like the state of NJ's democratic party (utterly corrupt with a few exceptions such as Codey/Booker), so party affliation doesn't matter as nearly much.

Basically they're alienating voters like myself that like the social conservative part (mostly abortion) but the manner of delivery and this Fox News garbage has got to go. It's like they forgot that Bush was elected because of his big tent philosophy by pursuing the Latino vote, who are often social conservative by nature.

squicken

Saw this as a follow up to the Rams roster churn. Since the start of last year, in 18 starts, Bradford has completed passes to 17 different receivers and played behind 22 different offensive linemen

Wrayfield

Racist.

Bionic, you should just move to Germany, we have parties for every single one of your twisted needs. You'd probably like like the old people party.

He'd still have to decide on one out maybe four inept parties if he wanted to be represented in the B-Tag.

Poland had a beer party for a while. That worked only for a while though, wonder why. :)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wow OT feels even more liberal than usual. I'm shocked I haven't seen a thread titled:

"Republicans: Dumb people or Dumbest people ever?"

Josh freeman isn't fat anymore. Why is that meme so popular here?

He still is, they're just really creative with their lighting. It's all smoke and mirrors.

wienke said:
Wow OT feels even more liberal than usual. I'm shocked I haven't seen a thread titled:

It's what you get when politics are viewed like a sport and you have people rooting for sides like they are sports teams or a lengthy match of Halo (red vs blue). It's never that black and white and it's why this country is so divided right now but that's a lengthy conversation for another thread.

The facebook "salty tears" thread is levels of juvenile that I can't even begin to comprehend...

Draxal

Ya it's really bad there now, honestly Gaf political debates is shallow and ventures into the most extreme hyperbola. I do not even know why I read it sometimes, guess it's the train wreck appeal.

And I honestly thought there was a thread with a title of that vein 2 weeks ago.

MechDX

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...11/06/bears-defense/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a0

Chicago is +120 in scoring differential, best in the NFL. They are No. 2 in scoring defense (15.0 PPG), behind only the 49ers (12.9), and No. 3 in scoring offense (29.5 PPG), behind the Patriots (32.8) and Texans (29.6).

The second half kicks off with what may be the toughest game of the year: Sunday night's visit from the 7-1 Houston Texans, the closest thing to the perfect statistical team we have in football so far (No. 1 in our Quality Stats Power Rankings).

As much shit that is being talked for Sunday nights game features two teams that are eerily close in almost every statistic.

irresistable force vs immovable object: somethings gotta give. Im betting it will be Jay Cutlers lip.

Wrayfield

It's what you get when politics are viewed like a sport and you have people rooting for sides like they are sports teams or a lengthy match of Halo (red vs blue). It's never that black and white and it's why this country is so divided right now but that's a lengthy conversation for another thread.

The facebook "salty tears" thread is levels of juvenile that I can't even begin to comprehend...

Well, they have a coin toss before the debates... Maybe add some cage matches and you got yourself an interesting election right there.

Bowser

lol at people trying to desperately keep the "Redskins Rule" alive:

Incumbent Barack Obama won the election[4] at 283 electoral votes,[5] therefore the Redskins Rule did not hold in 2012. The Redskins, however, wore throwback uniforms in the game against Carolina, and in the previous home game, on October 14, they defeated the Minnesota Vikings, so a further modification to the rule might be, "whenever the Redskins win their last home game wearing non-throwback uniforms, the incumbent popular vote winning party wins the election."[6]

Dragon

Banned

I'd say it's more like: "women who voted for Romney, dumbest people ever?" I understand why rich white people vote for him though!

Painting with a broad brush is always a mistake though, you're right.

Top Bottom